MFB Upper Attack - A Theory

Have you tried it on MF? I think thats a big point here.
What does MF come with? I probably have it, but I just don't know what it looks like.
Screw Capricorne, it is Metal Flat tip. So just look for a F, made of M(etal)
Abide by the rules/definition of upper on the beywiki, and test it with those conditions and see how it goes. (It the only thing we have as a control for Upper right now, amirite?)
(Jan. 31, 2011  3:44 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2011  3:35 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: The CW is important yeah but they really aren't. . . BIG enough to do as much as they could.
The MW is the most important part of any Beyblade though :V
Bakushin, Divine, Mercury, and Killer wheels mount the clear wheels on top of the metal wheels, leaving the clear wheels completely exposed instead of just partially. This can actually work to a blader's advantage when using it on a lower track than your opponent because you will then attack primarily with a clear wheel instead of a metal wheel.

Bakushin Anubis TR145EWD/WD vs. Earth Bull 230EWD/WD

Bakushin does nothing except help with life after death and remaining defensive against 230 while the clear wheel does all of the attacking.

Moving on, Hell has smash from what I've seen, not upper. Upper is only present near the end of battle when it starts to wobble. Early wobbling is created by an unbalanced bottom.

But if the Metal Wheel has no Stamina or weight or something the CW won't help. So the MW is still the most important part.
(Jan. 31, 2011  4:42 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: But if the Metal Wheel has no Stamina or weight or something the CW won't help. So the MW is still the most important part.
If we're going by this, what would last long - a Beyblade with a light wheel or a Beyblade without a bottom?
thats not the same
i meant using a wheel like counter instead of flame
i mean, you cant even launch a beyblade without a track or face
My point being is every part is equally important. A beyblade with a light wheel or a blade without a bottom will be equally unexciting and relatively mindless, wouldn't you agree?

If you want to get back on its uses in battle, we'd have to go to using something like S on a Vulcan Horseus 85. Why? It makes no sense. Just as much sense as putting something like a pegasis wheel on an RS.

It's all harmony of parts. Not one portion of the bey is more essential than the other, but if you really persist on thinking that way, PM me any metal wheel you want and then what top tier combo you want me to face is against and I'll come up with the track, clear wheel, and bottom combination neccessary to take it out by Friday with results in a separate thread. For now, I think we're both getting off topic and we should stick to the focus of upper.
i wasnt saying if you were lacking a metal wheel.
if i had to pick one part of my beyblade and all the others would be decided for me id probably pick the metal wheel
Hey deikailo, in your hell combo, why do you use the clear wheel blaze? And why pair bakushin with Anubis instead of another clear wheel? Why the rare cw's instead of something like bull or cancer which has upper slopes to help?
I think Night could be an acceptable choice.
I was messing around with Night Cancer and it was the closest I'd ever gotten to Upper Attack type anything.
MF-M/MF-H Night Cancer sometrackMF
Am I the only one who seems to have noticed gravity some upper maybe? I was using MF-H gravity Perseus (attack ver.)R145 R2F and it's lifted the other bey over the thunder whips walls a couple of times (Yes I know, I'm blading on a budget but selfridges was selling them for£2), I reckon in may have something to do with me using the attack ver. of Perseus though.
What about Thermal though? Just from observation it has good slopes on both sides.
Man, I'm really hoping that somewhere along the line, we discover upper attack that is successful in MFB,

If night shows some potential, then might metal system Virgo show potential?

Was the testing that was done, that showed no upper attack in MFB only with attack wheels? I think that could have been A problem that was not considered in MFB. I don't know my HMS, but were the AR's thick like MFB metal wheels, or thinner?
how about pre-hws bull and quetz, even the beywiki says they have slopes that look good for upper

i would tests but i dont have the parts

(Feb. 02, 2011  1:03 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: I don't know my HMS, but were the AR's thick like MFB metal wheels, or thinner?

i have driger ms and the metal frame where the slopes are, are thiner than a MFB metal wheel
Way thinner, I already mentioned Quetz.
I think that not many people have MF right now, stunting this threads growth.
Dude, look at virgo man. :V Really?
ummmm, what does the performance tip PD stand for. not to get off topic or some thing
(Feb. 02, 2011  1:37 AM)bakushinsasanow Wrote: ummmm, what does the performance tip PD stand for. not to get off topic or some thing

its ironic because it is so offtopic, use the search button please
(Feb. 02, 2011  1:27 AM)Dan Wrote: Dude, look at virgo man. :V Really?

Ahah, I know, but mc frown said that night has upper potential, so why not? I think that, "dude, seriously" is also what has made the tests only based on typical things we would think about, when we think about upper attack.

But I can wait until I get screw capricorne, and so do many others. I really want to fully extend the testing done for upper attack.
True, but you don't even have any tests in this thread, IIRC so ineffectual.
Question, why are metal flat bottoms better for upper than rubber flat ones?
(Jan. 27, 2011  7:27 PM)Nojo294 Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2011  7:22 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2011  7:19 PM)Nojo294 Wrote: Quality thread Fisherman!

Just a quick suggestion, I tried experimenting and found that unicorno exposes all 3 wings on galaxy and by a fair amount. I will be getting a quetz and a vulcan in like 2-3 days so sit tight lol. Are there any test results?

Sweet, I don't have unicorno.
No tests yet, I couldn't replicate the higher spin velocity needed. I don't have metal flat, and I think that may be the deciding factor.

Higher spin velocity huh? Hmm... so the tip needs as less friction as possible, and in an attack stadium the lowest part is in the center. The lower the bey the better right? SO instead of looking for low friction attack tips, why not use stamina/defense based tips such as MB or PD? Spin Velocity would increase, and since the entire purpose is to defeat stamina / defense, these beys gravitate towards the center. I think it might work...

I am thinking that this combo could have upper attack.
Combo: Midnight/Screw Wolf/Bull 85 MF

Plastic does not have as much recoil as metal and Bull and Wolf have a slope like Shapes on their clear wheel.
I do think that Wolf would do better that bull though
(Feb. 02, 2011  8:11 PM)ErazmusG Wrote: Question, why are metal flat bottoms better for upper than rubber flat ones?

Because the metal reduces friction with the staduim floor, Thus allowing a higher spin rate
(Feb. 02, 2011  8:11 PM)ErazmusG Wrote: Question, why are metal flat bottoms better for upper than rubber flat ones?

Because the metal reduces friction with the staduim floor, Thus allowing a higher spin rate

Sorry about the triple reply. I accidently pressed the post reply button 3 three times instead of one.
Why? the wolf clear wheel it garbage. It isn't formed properly for that.
I'd stick to Cancer, Bull and Unicorno.
What about the Susanow clear wheel? It does have those two slopes.