MFB Upper Attack - A Theory

I don't want to be mean, but A101, totally unnecessary post.. Speechless In any case, if you did a tl;dr:
Earth + MF might have some upper. Why exactly are you hung up on MF..? Back when, plastics uppers used Storm Grip, Custom base and whatever else was a fast, rubber bottom. I am not saying metal bases were not used, but I am insinuating that I think the Rubber Flats will work too. I am yet to see tests which prove this wrong..
I know that, but the problem I was finding was with the stamina. If rubber bottoms were to be used in upper attack for MFB then we would already have MFB upper attack combos. The only way I could think of retaining stamina while still having attack power is metal flat.
Huh.? I dont get it. Serious besides tl;dr: what does that mean??

EDIT: @Fisherman. Just in case you didn't know, MF seems to be dominate for left spinners. OkiBlaze did some testing like, a week ago. JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW.
I wouldn't use RF for upper
probably something more controlled like RSF, or MF
I think he wants to use MF because of its superior stamina against other attack tips
and upper attack is kinda like destabilizing
just with higher slopes
@anime1oh1- but the original theory was that upper attack needs to be in the same spin direction. If we try it with left spin, it would be twice as hard to produce upper attack.
(Jan. 28, 2011  1:46 AM)Off Topic King Wrote: I wouldn't use RF for upper
probably something more controlled like RSF, or MF
I think he wants to use MF because of its superior stamina against other attack tips
and upper attack is kinda like destabilizing
just with higher slopes
.. Okay explain you're thoughts on RSF/MF. You could prove all oldie Plastic bladers wrong when they used fast bases. (or not?)
I think the only way RF's wouldn't work would be because Earth's slopes aren't steep enough.. Speechless
btw, A101; Upper works best in same spin direction.. Look in beywiki...
Ohh, thank you guys. =D I understand now.
of course, we don't have a very good upper attack wheel
but still
try a destabilizer with those tips
but i think upper attack is not really better than smash
It is obvious destabilizers should not use RF..
I don't think it is comparable, since they do different things but are still in the same category.
Well destabilizers is like a weaker version of upper attack
No, a destabilizer is definitely different.
Read the destabilizer thread in the advanced forum, then read the upper attack article on beywiki, you'll see the differences
*Cough cough* posting results for my combo: Screw Bull 85MF *Cough cough* Te best upper attacker? b-)
i had a brain storm.
here is my scenario: ok lets say you are using a right spin upper combo and you are beating all right spin defence combos, then lets say someone comes along using meteo for defence (like in dan's thread), and upper works best vs same spin, but you are using right spin and meteo is left spin*

i suggest a left spin upper combo in case that scenario happens, mf (pre-hws) ldrago 85mf, i cant try myself as i dont have the parts but i think it might just work

*im sorry if its a bit confusing
Yeah, that makes sense, but how reliable is that if you want to win in a tournament?
Chances are, someone is going to be using right spin. Some people will be using left, but most will be using right.
Depending on what height those meteo defense combos, if it's low enough for the rubber on meteo to hit the other right spin, then the equalizing will take effect. Metall flat will outspin the meteo defense combo, since meteo has RS/rsf/cs and the right spin upper combo has metal flat; a lot of stamina over the defense meteo.
I know this doesn't go with the current conversation, but I just want to say, SSJFisherman, that this is awesome. I mean, the thought process involved in this makes my brain look like a piece of guano. I'm expecting these combos to go top-tier. Kudos, Fisherman. This is really good.
What about the Hell wheel? There has been talk about using it in the Hell on Earth thread. Deikailo said on page 2 that Hell did seem to have some upper attack. See here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hell-on-Earth?page=2
Theres certainly the slope on Hell to provide upper attack...

Check out daleubat's video on youtube with his unboxing and you will see the slope...
everyone seems to be focusing on the wheel as a part of upper attack when it's the bottom that will support the movement for upper. You need your wheel to be on a lower track than your opponent's (obviously), but that isn't enough. You need a bottom that will pivet downward and then stabilize itself back up to create a lift effect.

In my "Hell on Earth" thread, it wasn't Hell that was creating upper, it was RSF. RSF would wobble, which enabled Hell to lift a blade as it was rotating up and down.

In essence, your blade can't be stable.
But in MFB the wheel is the most important because none of them so far have really shown true and successful upper attack

MF as a bottom seems like a given.
I have to differ with you one that. My Hell Blaze GB145RSF flipped Earth Bull 230CS from lifting it up. If you want upper attack based on consistant results, it's not going to happen, but between downward and upper attack, you can produce a very powerful bey.

The wheel the most important part? Really? You mean you've never used clear wheels to attack a higher opponent or tracks to attack a lower opponent? As much as a wheel is an asset to the game, it's entirely possible to break a top tier combo with a "terrible" wheel using a track and wheel that will harmonize well with it.

MF?
(Jan. 30, 2011  10:39 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I have to differ with you one that. My Hell Blaze GB145RSF flipped Earth Bull 230CS from lifting it up. If you want upper attack based on consistant results, it's not going to happen, but between downward and upper attack, you can produce a very powerful bey.

The wheel the most important part? Really? You mean you've never used clear wheels to attack a higher opponent or tracks to attack a lower opponent? As much as a wheel is an asset to the game, it's entirely possible to break a top tier combo with a "terrible" wheel using a track and wheel that will harmonize well with it.

MF?

MF stands for Metal Flat. I agree with you. I feel that when the bey is unbalanced, upper is at its max. Hell especially shows this when it rips 230 apart and constantly knocks it up and off balance. I got upper attack when I used Virgo plenty of times. The only reason I do not use it now is because Leone is better IMO.
The CW is important yeah but they really aren't. . . BIG enough to do as much as they could.
The MW is the most important part of any Beyblade though :V
I think you should add Hell to the list.
(Jan. 31, 2011  3:35 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: The CW is important yeah but they really aren't. . . BIG enough to do as much as they could.
The MW is the most important part of any Beyblade though :V
Bakushin, Divine, Mercury, and Killer wheels mount the clear wheels on top of the metal wheels, leaving the clear wheels completely exposed instead of just partially. This can actually work to a blader's advantage when using it on a lower track than your opponent because you will then attack primarily with a clear wheel instead of a metal wheel.

Bakushin Anubis TR145EWD/WD vs. Earth Bull 230EWD/WD

Bakushin does nothing except help with life after death and remaining defensive against 230 while the clear wheel does all of the attacking.

Moving on, Hell has smash from what I've seen, not upper. Upper is only present near the end of battle when it starts to wobble. Early wobbling is created by an unbalanced bottom.