MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

Dude... We were supposed to be doing it together... There's a lot if thing messed up with that list. I replied to the PM with my fixes.
I thought you was gonna wait for me to PM my list to you. I was gonna let you help with details. Serious

Well, I guess you're free to do what you want.
(May. 17, 2014  8:13 AM)PhantomX Wrote:
(May. 17, 2014  7:11 AM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: I'd like to have some sort of Limited Tier List finalized before BeyDays, so I'm here to post my thoughts on one. Concerns and suggestions are welcome. Smile

I had thought about Screw and Vulcan, but decided against them for only getting mediocre results. I feel Burn F230CS would need more testing, but I have it there anyways. Virgo defenitely needs more tests by users to be put up there just yet. I was unsure of Libra being out on there, so I left it aside, for stamina.

Thanks to all the users extensive testing to help me to come up with this list. Smile

No CH120 for LLD?????? :\
Would R145 work for Meteo with EWD? I mean if you have gone through the combos and the tests are fine with the more experienced bladers, then there shouldn't be a problem. Wink
Also has Beat been tested enough? And why Phantom 100MF when 85 and 90 are there as options? But if it is OK with the advanced members, it is OK with me. Smile

I felt the other choices were much more viable for LLD. R145 gives balance to the combo's weight. Yes, I've seen several members test it. It may be because you'll need different height matchups against some combos, it's Burn btw, haha.

Taken out Burn F230CS and Duo defense by DK's request. Sorry Ryüzaki I got anxious, haha. I'm sure we could still compare stuff. Smile
I have a feeling that Omega is going to be the star of Bey Days this year.
(May. 17, 2014  3:17 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I have a feeling that Omega is going to be the star of Bey Days this year.

I couldn't agree more, Dark.

Scythe'll have lots of use too, no?
(May. 17, 2014  3:25 PM)-Midnight Wrote:
(May. 17, 2014  3:17 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I have a feeling that Omega is going to be the star of Bey Days this year.

Scythe will have uses. But I'm calling it now, Omega will be dominate in limited events next weekend. Libra and Scythe will be having a big part in next weekend also.
Honestly, I feel that Wyvang is a much better attack wheel than Omega. It nets way better results and the such. Also if Scythe is banned, then Virgo should be banned as well... you don't want to be the one stuck against a MF-H Virgo TH170 CS aggro
I found Wyvang to be quite good from attending a couple past Limited Format tournaments.

I don't think Virgo should be banned, until more testings have been shown, aside from yours, Virgo16.
I need some more people to test. Aside from that, Virgo is a very inconsistent wheel depending on the mold you get. Anyways, the best attack wheels for Limited are Omega, Wyvang and Pegasis. Out of all of these, I'm wondering which one is the best?
Those are the ones mainly used in tournaments, excluding Pegasis, LLD is also frequently used in tournaments and is very good, along with Beat and Cosmic being potential tournament winners.
Yes, but out of the ones I listed, which of the ones would be the best?
(May. 17, 2014  3:41 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(May. 17, 2014  3:25 PM)-Midnight Wrote:

Scythe will have uses. But I'm calling it now, Omega will be dominate in limited events next weekend. Libra and Scythe will be having a big part in next weekend also.
Personally I'm thinking more Scythe uses. Not everyone wants to use attack that much as a bad launch means your done. Scythe is mainly used in stamina/balance and those variants to to be very consistent and are some of the better Limited Format Combos. While Omega is a good wheel, it is more risky in situations to use Omega Attack over Scythe stamina or balance. Especially if it is a big event like Anime North where sometimes it would be better to play it save to make it to the finals since it is such a huge event.
Sorry to double post but I just thought of something brilliant. Why doesn't someone test MF-H Libra 230/TH170 MB out. It's got a really heavy weight, probably around 50 grams and I've read its got a really rough underside. I would test this had I had a Libra metal wheel. It might just have some potential!
What should I test agaisnt? I've heard, Libra has lots of recoil when hit from below, that may be a reason.
Anything. I feel this combo has top tier potential.
For a while I was obsessed with the tb variant of that exact combo until I realized that scythe does everything it does, but better
(May. 18, 2014  3:01 AM)Virgo16 Wrote: Scythe will soon be banned though...

It's very likely, but for now and during BeyDays it'll be completely legal, until the next update.
(May. 18, 2014  1:57 AM)Virgo16 Wrote: Sorry to double post but I just thought of something brilliant. Why doesn't someone test MF-H Libra 230/TH170 MB out. It's got a really heavy weight, probably around 50 grams and I've read its got a really rough underside. I would test this had I had a Libra metal wheel. It might just have some potential!

Libra 230MB vs. Burn Gasher W145WD

Libra: 17(16 OS, 1KO)
Burn: 3(All KO)
Ties: 0

It did pretty well! But like Time said, Sythe would be much better, but given what you said, I'd like this request: Someone do comparative results with Libra and Duo 230MB.
I feel this is reason enough to double post:

I'd like more input on my/DK's(Helped) Limited Draft:

I'd like opinions on including Meteo BGrin and LTSC's in particular Earth and Burn.
I told you this before but I'll post it anyways:

Oh, you forgot MF-M (?) Duo Cygnus 230MB and I'm not sure about Scythe 230MB.

You should Remove R145 from meteo and add CH120. Remove MF-M from the burn staller.
Take CS from all defence except 230. Take 85 from Pegasis. Spell the zero-g in the right format (crystal up, chrome up).
Take Balro and Bahamdia off til further testing. Make those Beat combos one combo and remove the Omega combo with D120/CH120 off. Put GB145/CH120/85/90 on lightning.

I know its a lot but that's the problems I see.
Sure I'll add that.

I actually like R145 for Meteo, but I'll add CH120 too. CS is still viable even if it's not as good. 85 works really well with Pegasis IMO. I believe their is enough testing, but if someone wants to do more that would be okay. The Omega one? I think that's a good height for Omega tbh. I dont think GB145 would b very useful.
(May. 21, 2014  9:11 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote: Sure I'll add that.

I actually like R145 for Meteo, but I'll add CH120 too. CS is still viable even if it's not as good. 85 works really well with Pegasis IMO. I believe their is enough testing, but if someone wants to do more that would be okay. The Omega one? I think that's a good height for Omega tbh. I dont think GB145 would b very useful.

Why? As soon as it makes contact with the ground it's over. You should definatly remove it.

CS is highly overshadowed by RB, even RSF has better defence. You should remove it.

Pegasis' main smash is in its lower half, with 85 the lower can't make as much contact like on 145 height. Th!nk said the same thing.

I only found 1 test with Bahamdia and none with balro. Please link me.

Yup. Ehhhhh, Omega is best on LTAC.

Still think it need a spot.
Well, I guess it's time to post my draft.

If you're gonna ask "where's Duo?" It wasn't really cutting it when I was testing.
Same reason TR145 is used, it focuses the weight to the three dragon heads.

CS is still on the Tier list...

From my tests, Pegasis' does a lot better against LTDC's and MTDC's with 85 than anything else.