MFB Episode 17: The Silver Pegasus - 07/26/09 JPN / 08/21/10 USA

Spinning tops that create tornados and cut down trees defies all logic.

Living in a world where people settle all confrontations with Spinning tops defies all logic.

Trying to rule the world with spinning tops defies all logic

This show has and will continue to defy all logic as long as it exists. It's the general premise of the show. It's supposed to be a fantasy to capture childrens imaginations and have them buy the toys like mad. I'm just perplexed how adding a talking dog will change much. It's not like it will make the show more childlike....
(Jul. 17, 2009  3:06 PM)Khel Wrote: Spinning tops that create tornados and cut down trees defies all logic.

Living in a world where people settle all confrontations with Spinning tops defies all logic.

Trying to rule the world with spinning tops defies all logic

I'm down with all of that, it's just because they're trying to sell the product. When you think about it, what purpose does Hokuto serve? Sell Libra? They could easily put it in the hands of a human and it would work too. Even better, they could put it in the hands of a likeable human character which would really sell.

I could accept a talking dog if it was necessary, which it isn't. Beyblade creating tornados is crucial to the story because, otherwise, it's really just spinning tops on TV, nothing exciting. Ruling the world thanks to a beyblade is also crucial to the plot, since we need a threat in order to advance the story further. Settling things thanks to Beyblade is again just an attempt to sell them and a clever one, might I add. Which is better: Two kids at school beating the carp out of each other or two kids playing beyblade over an argument?

Just tell me, is Hokuto really necessary?
holy carp you're being a giant baby

it's a kid's show get the hell over it
seriously, what are you complaining about

DUDE WHO PUTS HOLES SHAPED LIKE BULL'S HEAD THROUGH CONCRETE WALL WITH SPINNING TOP: ok
DUDE WHO CONTROLS HORDES OF CRABS FOR HIS EVIL BEYBATTLING WAYS: sure
DUDE WHO WANTS TO USE SPINNING TOPS TO CONTROL THE WORLD: yeah whatever
A DOG WHO CAN TALK: BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Yeah yeah, I get it. Hokuto's fine, alright?
(Jul. 17, 2009  5:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: holy carp you're being a giant baby

DUDE WHO PUTS HOLES SHAPED LIKE BULL'S HEAD THROUGH CONCRETE WALL WITH SPINNING TOP: ok
This^

You really need to calm down. Beyblade was never an anime that intended to appeal to logic, ever.
(Jul. 17, 2009  5:58 PM)Dude Wrote: Yeah yeah, I get it. Hokuto's fine, alright?

I just seriously legitimately do not understand the hate. He's a talking dog in a kid's show. This is not ground-breaking or shocking.
(Jul. 17, 2009  6:00 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I just seriously legitimately do not understand the hate. He's a talking dog in a kid's show. This is not ground-breaking or shocking.

You could say it's more of a personnal hate. I'm used to spinning tops being able to do incredible things (Tornados and stuff) thanks to the first beyblade series, but there weren't any talking animals, in that and I thought MFB would be a little more serious than that. That's the idea it gave me with the first few episodes that were full of epicness.
(Jul. 17, 2009  6:04 PM)Dude Wrote: I thought MFB would be a little more serious than that. That's the idea it gave me with the first few episodes that were full of epicness.

they were also full of silliness, and if you'd read the manga you'd have known what to expect
I did read the manga and it was indeed very silly.

But the first bunch of episodes of the anime were all very good and there was only a little bit of comic relief here and there.

I was actually scared when I watched the first episode that it would be the manga, just animated, but it turned out great.

But maybe they're gonna do something awesome, with Hokuto, too.
ようやく古馬村へとたどり着いたケンタたち。そこで一行は、人のことばを話す犬の北斗(ホクト)と出会う。 ケンタが北斗に銀河のことを尋ねていたころ、当の本人は村の背後にそびえる雪山へと向かってい た。

Kenta and his friends have finally arrived to Koba Village. There the party meets a talking dog, Hokuto. While Kenta is asking Hokuto about Ginga, the person in question is at the back of the village, headed for the snowy mountain towering over the village.

thans to rebecca85 for translating this ^___^
Snowy mountain? Seems interesting...maybe that's where they'll meet with the God of Bey.

So it truly is a talking dog, huh? Wonder how they'll all react to that.
(Jul. 17, 2009  8:55 PM)Dude Wrote: Snowy mountain? Seems interesting...maybe that's where they'll meet with the God of Bey.

So it truly is a talking dog, huh? Wonder how they'll all react to that.

read the manga, this all happened in it ages ago
cool a talking dog is going to be in mfb oh i wonder if my dog can talk but she just does not want me to know that she can
(Jul. 17, 2009  9:55 PM)jamie Wrote: cool a talking dog is going to be in mfb oh i wonder if my dog can talk but she just does not want me to know that she can

Wut!?
(Jul. 17, 2009  9:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: read the manga, this all happened in it ages ago

I DID read the manga.

I guess you're talking about the mountain where Ginga gets Storm Pegasis by putting it inside the volcano. Now that you mention it, though, I remember there was snow, there, making me wrong again.
(Jul. 17, 2009  5:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: holy carp you're being a giant baby

Can I put that in my sig?
(Jul. 18, 2009  11:57 AM)Giga Wrote: Can I put that in my sig?

Please don't insult me, in it, alright?
(Jul. 18, 2009  11:57 AM)Giga Wrote: Can I put that in my sig?

probably best if you didn't
Hokuto...hmm..maybe we will get to see flame libra in action, especially ES, I want to see what a free spinning bottom does
I wanna see Kentas and Madokas, maybe Benkeis face when they hear and see a talking dog. [Hokuto] XD
Kyouya might be like. "Err.. what the... Meh. who cares its only a talking dog."
^ Stop thinking Kyouya is Kai Unhappy
Why would i think Kyouya is Kai. Kyouya is way better then Kai. lol
Kai would probably be "I dont care about a talking dog... i just want to be as strong as possible and improve on my beyblading skills."
2 hours and 30 minutes till Metal Fight Beyblade episode 17 is on live. darn, freshverse isn't working for me today. keyhole sucks but oh well, it'll have to do.
EDIT: Argh whatever, the episode's over, guess I'll wait for downloads
Freshverse is down for me. Unhappy

Looks like I'll be waiting til the download surfaces to watch this.