MFB Episode 14: Memories of Ryo - 07/05/09 JPN / 08/08/10 USA

All of the hidden uncontrolable power? Seriously I'm just guessing.
the fact that l-drago is clearly a malevolent force
(Jul. 13, 2009  2:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: the fact that l-drago is clearly a malevolent force

Yeah, but, being that this is a children's anime, the love in Ginga's heart would surely prevail and, with that, L Drago would become a nice Beyblade instead of an incredibly evil one Smug

...Or maybe Ginga would also go crazy and go on a killing spree with the awesome power of a spinning top...Now THAT would be epic!
Prepare for censors in the NA and UK releases haha.
wow, you know yes this is a children's spinning top game but it's a game of SPINNING TOPS. Real life things such as death and others are present in animes I've seen in NA. Look at DBZ, they showed blood and decapitation of body parts, and it's still a children's anime. But I blame the politicians for making mountains out of molehills in this situation
(Jul. 23, 2009  8:43 PM)scooty199 Wrote: wow, you know yes this is a children's spinning top game but it's a game of SPINNING TOPS. Real life things such as death and others are present in animes I've seen in NA. Look at DBZ, they showed blood and decapitation of body parts, and it's still a children's anime. But I blame the politicians for making mountains out of molehills in this situation

Parents want to keep the mind of their child(en) as pure as possible as long as possible, which is understandeable but stupid. They'll have to deal with the issue of death at some point in their life and so, wouldn't it be better if they learned about it threw kid's animes like Beyblade?

I don't mean learning about death with like Death Note, where everyone dies constantly, but having a death in a kids show is very good and certainly profitable.
(Jul. 23, 2009  10:54 PM)Dude Wrote: They'll have to deal with the issue of death at some point in their life and so, wouldn't it be better if they learned about it threw kid's animes like Beyblade?

not at all

Quote:Look at DBZ, they showed blood and decapitation of body parts, and it's still a children's anime.

and most of this was cut out in the north american TV version. different cultures have different ideas of what is appropriate. i don't see any reason for beyblade to be a "violent" anime
(Jul. 23, 2009  11:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: not at all

and most of this was cut out in the north american TV version. different cultures have different ideas of what is appropriate. i don't see any reason for beyblade to be a "violent" anime

that is true, and this is an opinionated statement i am making, but some of our ideas of appropriate are bogus entirely. and in NA they still released DBZ uncut, which if I remember was at a time easily accessible for kids.
I'm not saying that that level of violence is or isn't appropriate for North American children, I'm saying that making Beyblade "violent" is entirely unnecessary and would even seem out of place.
(Jul. 24, 2009  8:16 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm not saying that that level of violence is or isn't appropriate for North American children, I'm saying that making Beyblade "violent" is entirely unnecessary and would even seem out of place.

Yes, it would, but, at the same time, having a death (Which we don't see at all) isn't necessarily a bad thing. Kids will be emotionally driven by the scene and could be less chocked if someone in their family dies.

Of course, gore isn't necessary at all. If say, Ryuuga went insane and slaughtered a bunch of people on screen, that would be offensive.
Dub discussion for this thread now open.
WOW! ep14 had some cuts, but... very small cuts here and there. Only 1 of the cuts was really dialogue related, well kinda.

reason for the cuts:
since episode 14 in the original had no prologue, there was a minute long scene before the eptitle. Nelvana still used the last time on Beyblade. Since they did that, some scenes had to be cut. One part, well the yelling part from the flashback of Ginga's fight with Ryuga was cut. That was the only dialogue related cut.
You mean the dub has changed or left out some parts?
Yeah, but you'll still lose against Ginga "Gretzky" Hagane.
Or not.
Oh no, lemme guess, Ginga's pops dies in the forest, and gives Ginga Storm Pegasus with his last breath. If that happens, he truly is Daichi 2.0.
Well, close enough. Decent episode for backstory though.