MF Meteo L-Drago BD145 LRF

Poll: Good combo?

Yes
74.07%
No
25.93%
Total: 100% 27 vote(s)
(Jun. 09, 2011  4:27 PM)Dracovianauis Wrote: TR hasnt been tested that much, so saying taht it sucks isnt the correct way, maybe this is TR's perfect combo? same like Fang____85/90/100 FB <- FB was unused until then

I never said it sucks, just that I think its not 'perfect' for this combo... But yes, you know your combo better, so you may be correct. Stupid
FB hadn't really been tested for anything, as plastic flat tips only became more popular recently. Again, tornado stalling was considered a negative thing until recently.

I guess dismissing TR145 isn't fair, though I know where Jan is coming from, I initally thought the same, but then realised that it hasn't really been used offensively. Still, I think R145 or SW145 would be better options, as they provide more smash, which is spoiled slightly by the rollers on TR145.

TBH this is the standard: MF [Attack Wheel] [Heavy/Recoil Track] [rf/r2f/lrf] formula.
BD145 is a bit different to that due to the fact it doesn't help KO so much (it does help nudge opponents out though), but yeah, this is basically more of a "Meteo L Drago testing thread" than a combo thread, if you're trying it with so many different tracks.

MLD is never really going to have the KO power of LLD, TBH. Maybe on a weighty track in absorb mode, it could do the "rubber KO" thing, I'd consider R145, as it's the second heaviest track available, above other things. I think I've used MF MLD R145RF, and found it pretty "Eh", FWIW.
Try LRF or R2F, maybe the speed will help, and yeah, LLD rules the attack metagame, until Vari Ares??? well, it never hurts to try, right? Smile
(Jun. 09, 2011  1:28 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Arghh Dan, only if i had make this thread first. Unhappy.

Anyways, i have been using MF-L Meteo L-Drago (Assault Ver) BD145MF/LRF . This combo is decent, not great though. It does destroy 230 track combos, however it lacks the 'Smash' it needs. Lightning, Beat or Gravity would always be better. Thats all i have to say (I'm back from weeks of 'busyness')
Sorry man!
I mean I didn't feel the need to post it, because as Momiji has already brought up, its a tad better at equalizing compared to LLD, but I felt that MF MLD CH120XF and MF LLD BD145LRF were fine as it is and this didn't add much on to what we have.
By the way, I liked assault LDrago II better than regular absorb version.
That nullifies a lot of it's spin steal, doesn't it? Also, which mode, as it makes a difference with Assault.
I'd use assault on assault, and it actually has decent smash so.. :V
True, but at the same time, it tends to have recoil-like issues, as in, when it hits, it tends to lose a lot of spin/speed. It seems decent at times, but it's outclassed by lightning Uncertain
that is obvious, but I find it better than this variant..
Maybe, but it's about as different from the intent of this as using Lightning is from Assault, TBH.

The point of this thread is using Meteo's rubber for smash, not making a weaker version of MF LLD BD145LRF.
Considering that it only got 2 KO's against Earth BD145RS, not much smash happening here.
Eh, true, maybe I'm a little confused. I'm sick, so probably. Still, I think using assault makes it a hugely different combo, but then, so does changing the track, which we've been discussing. It just, I dunno, kinda makes the use of meteo pointless.
The rubber based smash is from Dan's MFMLDCH120XF idea, but against RS, RS keeps the opposing combo inside the arena too well, thus causing less K.O.s, I'll do Earth85 tests soon, and th!nk, get well soon Smile
I did sliding shoot it at 100% it gets the opponents behind the tornado ridge but that is it Wink it does equilze great;y but against LTSC/LTDC it doesn't do to good because BD145 connects with the Metal and no KO's are made Wink
Unhappy guess that it needs more smashUnhappy...... oh well, better borrow my friends R145 to see if the results are better...........Unhappy
(Jun. 10, 2011  5:21 AM)Dracovianauis Wrote: Unhappy guess that it needs more smash
LDrago Assault Version!!!!1
hehe, ok Dan, I'll test the assault Version, sadly, i traded my Rush version grrrrrrrrr.................
I guess MF-L makes this combo better, if i'm not wrong the outer metal makes the beyblade to have "More" Rotations. Assault Ver. is only good at killing 230, with its heads. 28 + 4 = 32 g. That is light o.o . Absorb overall is better, having more weight = more defense = more recoil. I'm lazy to test this days... (or weeks)
ok, thx to all of you for the sugestions, my to do list is now as follows

Test R145 for This
Test with MF-L for this
Test with Attault Version for this
Test with GB145 with this
and other stuff Smile
Alright i'm finally in the mood to test. What do you need to test it against?
Gotta Redo the tests in the OP with MF-L, adding Earth+85 and Gravity+85 Tests, and Azlan, Top Tier def combos, also, Try replacing BD145 with GB145, see if it makes a difference
(Jun. 10, 2011  5:22 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2011  5:21 AM)Dracovianauis Wrote: Unhappy guess that it needs more smash
LDrago Assault Version!!!!1
JUST USE LIGHTNING INSTEAD! Tongue_out
I'm kidding, it'd be interesting to see some test results of Assault in this combo.
TestsSmile

Conditions Same as OP

MF-L MLD (Absopb Version, Assault mode) GB145 LRF (MLD) VS MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina Version, Defense Mode, Left Spin) 85 CS (GP)
MLD: 10/20 (1OS 9KO)
GP: 10/20 (9OS 1KO)
3 Draws
MLD win Rate: 50% UnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappy bad scores for MLD

MF-L MLD (Assault Version, Assault Mode XD) GB145 LRF (MLD) VS MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina Version, Defense Mode, Left Spin) 85 CS (GP)
MLD: 13/20 (0OS 13KO)
GP: 7/20 (3OS 4KO)
2 MAJOR (Dubi KO) Draws
MLD win Rate: 65%
Some Clean K.O.s but I'll bet that they are from GB145's small recoil although some could be the joint effort of Gravity, Perseus, GB145, LRF, and Meteo. I am quite schocked, it goes to show, the Assault Version is more like LLD, Absorb Version has more stamina and defense, so now I'm going with........ the Assault Version, naming itGravitational Meteor

Smile enjoy, I'll have some more tests up ASAP
Guess what? Hah, Assault Ver. pairs better with BD145 than Absorb Ver. lol. (Which is weird) As for your format of showing your results, is eye hurting, so i guess people prefer doing it like this:

Draco ver:

MF-L MLD (Assault Version, Assault Mode ) GB145 LRF (MLD) VS MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina Version, Defense Mode, Left Spin) 85 CS (GP)
MLD: 13/20 (0OS 13KO)
GP: 7/20 (3OS 4KO)
2 MAJOR (Dubi KO) Draws
MLD win Rate: 65%

People Prefer Ver.:

MF-L Meteo L-Drago (Assault Version) GB145 LRF (Assault Mode) VS MF-H Gravity Perseus (Stamina Version) 85 CS (Left Spin, Defense Mode)
MF-L Meteo L-Drago: 13 wins (0 OS, 13KO)
MF-H Gravity Perseus: 7 wins (3 OS, 4KO)
2 Draws
MF-L Meteo L-Drago Win Percentage: 65%
ok, thx azlan, I'll apply that in my next rounds of tests Smile
Great tests again, Draco! Well, I dunno why, but I see some better performance if R145 (or ED145? as recoil is required...) is used... Really, I get that feeling, you know... So, at least its proved GB145 is not a correct option...