MF-M Gravity Perseus [Stamina] 85RS

OK. LTDC should be thriving at the moment. I think we aren't utilizing them enough. Look at the current Viable attack combos: MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF, MF Beat Lynx GB145/S130RF, MF VariAres R145RF. The exception being MF Gravity Perseus 85/90/100RF and some others. Which I'm not sure about other metagame but has nearly never been used in Melbourne. Im not hearing too much about it in other places as well. Anyways. My Point being nearly all viable attack combos are at mid or high Height. Leaving LTDC's in a perfect position.

I'll go through the parts:

MF-M - For more stamina to slightly make up for the loss of CS's stamina.

Gravity + Perseus - A versatile wheel being able to spin both directions. It already has shown skill in defense. Obviously Stamina Perseus for a defense Gravity combo. You want plastic to be hit instead of metal.

85 - First paragraph. LTDC's are in a great position. Should be used.

RS - Everyone knows this is on equal par with CS in defense. Its nearly unmovable.
Valentin brought it back on everyones minds when he placed second at Beyblade Crusade with MF (-H?) Basalt Bull TH170RS (I think....) Anyways. It performs better than CS for this combo although CS is still good.

OK some testing.

I decided to test against attack types on 85/90 even though they are hardly used.

Testing by other members

MF MLD CH120XF destroys this. A definite counter. Just stall with it.

-Chups
May you post some video testing of a repeat of the beat lynx test, as I am not sure as to how it got that high, when gravity has high recoil...
These are some good results, Chups. Also, I apologize if I missed it, but which spin direction were you using GP in?
(Aug. 05, 2011  1:43 AM)Callum6939 Wrote: May you post some video testing of a repeat of the beat lynx test, as I am not sure as to how it got that high, when gravity has high recoil...
I'm pretty sure that was the reason he used the Stamina Version of Perseus...
Chups Wrote:You want plastic to be hit instead of metal.
Even with stamina version, it has high recoil, just slightly less, like beat lynx in defense mode has high recoil and can still easily KO stuff just slightly less effectively.

That's why I would like to see how chips conducted the tests.
Neat-o.
Put results in proper format: my eyes are used to it.
So basically no attacker can beat this. What about when you're at a tournament? How savvy is this? Chances of playing an attacker are slim enough, on top of that you might not get someone who is using a definite spin bey. You could easily pick wrong and then it's all up to mind games and luck when changing spin in between matches. Looks good on paper but I'm uneasy about reality. I won't even mention stamina/defense. (RS' bad stamina + Gravity's recoil don't make for good opportunity in spin stealing.)
Um,when I tested this,it didn't do so good against HK85RF
It would be nice if you could include the KO and OS rate. Try MF Beat Lynx 90R2F against this , Beat can KO RS if there on the same height , well at least from my experiences.
I'm kind of surprised people didn't start jumping down your throat about these results. I'll try this out tomorrow.
In one ear out the other?

Editx2: nvm my argument is still valid.
My tests:-

MF-M Gravity Perseus (Counter) 85 RS VS LLD CH120RF(CH145)
GP:18
LLD:2 OS

MF-M Gravity Perseus (Counter)85RS VS MLD CH120 XF
GP:13
MLD:7

I'm sorry I can't do to much tests,I rarely touch my beys now.About MLD,sorry if Dan was offenced in this.The results might happen because I don't really master XF.I used bank.My RS is a bit worn.
If you tornado stall you should easily be able to OS this combo. And were you using Perseus stamina?
Yup.I used GP ultimate reshuffle stamina.Also,I think that Dan said it should be better when used with bank.
Can someone explain to me what Tornado Stalling is?
If anything it should be easier to OS this when it's same spin.
Tornado 'stalling' is when you purposely shoot a beyblade so it circles around the tornado ridge. This usually avoids contact and reduces the beys RPM in this case helping Meteo equalize better.
You can obviously short cut by weak launching but in this case you want RS to have most of it's stamina depleted.

Instead of saying useless 'sorrys' just use you head and think of the most appropriate launch for any situation.
I would like this to be tested against Basalt Bull 85RF. Basalt has attack power. 85 is good against 85. RF for attack.
Wait. That's just the straight shot.
With XF you usually end up with stalling anyway.
How cunning, it is.
I should be more specific: the term is almost exclusively used with XF. But yeah, straight shot with all of the F series will do that, though XF the longest.
@Callum6969
Beat extremely rarely got a MW to MW collision. So Gravity's recoil wasn't a problem.
When Gravity did get a MW to MW hit and gravity's recoil deployed the RS usually made up for it. Being have such high friction to the stadium floor.

@Kaioya
Left spin.

Dan
Ive updated OP to proper conditions. I see what you mean. You put a very good point. Im using this as a good old plain Defense combo made for conquering attack types.
Sure it may not be amazingly reliable. But that is the user. He has to get lucky and pull a Attack type user. Thats his job. All my job is is to present the combo to that person.
I honestly don't think it as bad as you make it out to be. Although I do agree.
Also thanks for answering some of the questions from other users for me Smile Appreciate it.

Ultimate Kcpj
I've edited the HK section; Read it.

RustyXD
I've included OS + KO rate, Read updated OP please. Sure I'll most likely do it tomorrow.

Whatzzer
Thanks man Smile I'll add your tests to the OP ASAP. Also MF MLD CH120XF would best this combo. A definite counter. Ill test with Tornado stall and show how it kills it. Ill ad it to the OP as a counter later.

Shadow Scythe
Sure, Ill do it saturday morning (AUS time Grin)

Phewph that answers and replies to everyones thoughts, requests and Questions for now Smile

Keep going with the feedback guys. I will be ordering Scythe and Vari Ares very soon. Most likely by AD so I will have them quick. Request now. I will do a test against MF VariAres R145 and 90RF. For sure.
Some tests:-
MF-M Gravity Perseus (Counter) VS MF MLD 90RF
GP:16
MLD:4
Bravo!I'm liking this.For all of you guys attention,I used Mold 2.That's the only mold I have.If I could get my Scythe Kronos this week,maybe I will do MF Scythe Kronos BD145CS tests.If not,Chups,it is my request.
(Aug. 05, 2011  11:57 AM)Chups Wrote: Dan
Ive updated OP to proper conditions. I see what you mean. You put a very good point. Im using this as a good old plain Defense combo made for conquering attack types.
Sure it may not be amazingly reliable. But that is the user. He has to get lucky and pull a Attack type user. Thats his job. All my job is is to present the combo to that person.
I honestly don't think it as bad as you make it out to be. Although I do agree.
Also thanks for answering some of the questions from other users for me Smile Appreciate it.

Well everyone will think it is godsend, use it and lose.
Any successful combination is generally easy to use and works in a large variety of circumstances: that is what makes them 'good'. You could leave them to fend for themselves but you should at least acknowledge the problem rather than disregard it. Explain how I'm making out to be worse? How do you think it will play out?
It looks nice for now, when BD145LRF was losing balance, was it able to give GP a nudge to lost it's balance easier? It is 85, so I would highly doubt that.

VariAres is a good option to test against. When I got my VariAres I tried H145 rather lower because the point is dominate recoil, more than Gravity, I was thinking along the lines even MF VariAres 100RF.

Nice tests, by the way.
Dan is just looking at it with the perspective of entering a tournament. He's pointing out that while your combo is good for defense, it lacks the versatility that he'd prefer due to the fact that you wouldn't necessarily know that you are facing an attack type.
I understand. Sorry for not being able to reply earlier. I had to sleep Smile

Anyway. The main factor that you are saying is unreliable in a tournament is RS? Am I right? Maybe even the height but as you can see it can manage against attack types it own height. But I'm guessing mainly against RS.
Valentin placed second in the biggest beyblade tournament so far in 2011 using RS? I'm not sure if he used other combos. He placed second. With RS. But yes it isn't as reliable as CS. But it does manage. But yes I do agree with you. Like you said on GP T125WD. It is heavily reliant on luck. I agree.

@BBS
Normally once BD145LRF had slowed down it just came into the centre to try and spin steal. Which because of GP's left spin it wasn't able to do.