MF Lightning LDrago 90RF + MF LLD 145RF

Glad I could help Wink
My friend has been playing around with this custom for a few days now, and so far it seems to give the boot to any Bey that steps in the Arena. He's been getting positive results with it. I just want to say good job with a great combo; I think I'm addicted to using it now. I just need my own Quetz for this combo.
Personally, I don't like Quetz 90RF because it always either floor scrapes or has no power for me. This is a great alternative for me.
I don't think this custom is as effective as MF L Drago 90WF. The results are good, no doubt, but they aren't "great", as MF L Drago 90WF's 90%+ win percentage against top-tier Defense customs is. MF L Drago 90WF makes using other Attack types against Defense types irrelevant, and I think more people need to start realizing how powerful this custom is. The fact that I won 5, almost 6 matches in a row with MF L Drago 100WF (I tend to use 100 now because it accomplishes the same thing and allows it to precess for a slightly longer period of time) at HPT2 speaks for itself. Also, even though the thought behind the custom is for it to be a "destabilizing attacker", it still has a considerable probability KOing the opposition if you can sliding shoot/bank properly.

In my original thread I stated that it did not fair too well against Stamina customs, but I've been doing a lot more testing since then and it seems it's main problems seem to be Earth being used on a Stamina custom, and of course, WD as I originally mentioned. However, next to this, it has little trouble with Stamina types. Its win percentage is not as high as it is against Defense types, but it is still reliable.

Now, the one thing I have not done is testing against Attack types. I'll see if I can get this done soon, and I'll be sure to test MF Lightning L Drago 90RF against it as well. At HPT2 I did win numerous matches against Attack types, and it was most often due to outspin.
(Jul. 22, 2010  9:23 PM)Kei Wrote: I don't think this custom is as effective as MF L Drago 90WF. The results are good, no doubt, but they aren't "great", as MF L Drago 90WF's 90%+ win percentage against top-tier Defense customs is. MF L Drago 90WF makes using other Attack types against Defense types irrelevant, and I think more people need to start realizing how powerful this custom is. The fact that I won 5, almost 6 matches in a row with MF L Drago 100WF (I tend to use 100 now because it accomplishes the same thing and allows it to precess for a slightly longer period of time) at HPT2 speaks for itself. Also, even though the thought behind the custom is for it to be a "destabilizing attacker", it still has a considerable probability KOing the opposition if you can sliding shoot/bank properly.

In my original thread I stated that it did not fair too well against Stamina customs, but I've been doing a lot more testing since then and it seems it's main problems seem to be Earth being used on a Stamina custom, and of course, WD as I originally mentioned. However, next to this, it has little trouble with Stamina types. Its win percentage is not as high as it is against Defense types, but it is still reliable.

Now, the one thing I have not done is testing against Attack types. I'll see if I can get this done soon, and I'll be sure to test MF Lightning L Drago 90RF against it as well. At HPT2 I did win numerous matches against Attack types, and it was most often due to outspin.

Hmm.... could you also do some testing on MF L Drago 90RF (I don't have L Drago, only Lightning) and I'll do some testing on MF Lightning L Drago 90WF? I think this could be quite interesting, regardless of which custom is 'superior'.

How did MF L Drago 90WF do against GB145? Also, how often did MF L Drago 90WF KO its opponents because, in my testing only, MF Lightning L Drago 90RF never won by outspin? If MF L Drago 90WF has a lot more wins via outspin, with not as many KOs, I think it'd show that these 2 customs are for different purposes.
(Jul. 22, 2010  9:57 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Hmm.... could you also do some testing on MF L Drago 90RF (I don't have L Drago, only Lightning) and I'll do some testing on MF Lightning L Drago 90WF? I think this could be quite interesting, regardless of which custom is 'superior'.

How did MF L Drago 90WF do against GB145? Also, how often did MF L Drago 90WF KO its opponents because, in my testing only, MF Lightning L Drago 90RF never won by outspin? If MF L Drago 90WF has a lot more wins via outspin, with not as many KOs, I think it'd show that these 2 customs are for different purposes.

Yeah, sure.

I don't own a GB145 yet (it's on the way!), however I did face someone during HPT2 using MF Earth-something GB145WB, and surprisingly MF L Drago 100WF KOed it three times in a row. Obviously this is not reflective of it's overall probability to KO, but it does prove what I said in my previous post about shooting it with a proper sliding shot/bank.

The reason it didn't win by outspin is likely due to the fact that RF has much less Stamina than WF, that Lightning L Drago is likely not as effective at "destabalizing" as L Drago, and how tall it is in comparison to MF L Drago 100WF (I'm guessing it is taller due to RF). That being said, it should be interesting to see how MF Lightning L Drago 90WF fairs. I may have tested it before, and I'm not totally what the results were, but the fact that I didn't bother talking about it doesn't make me confident.
(Jul. 22, 2010  9:57 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Hmm.... could you also do some testing on MF L Drago 90RF (I don't have L Drago, only Lightning) and I'll do some testing on MF Lightning L Drago 90WF? I think this could be quite interesting, regardless of which custom is 'superior'.

I did a couple tests with MF L Drago 90WF against MF Earth Bull GB145WB.
Here are the results:
Equipment used:
Attack stadium
Beylauncher w/ Launcher Grip
Beylauncher L w/ Launcher Grip and Suspension
MF Earth Bull launched first with 60-70% power
and LDrago launced with banking

MF LDrago 90WF - MF Earth Bull GB145WB:
1. Draw
2. LDrago by outspin
3.LDrago by knockout
4.Draw
5.LDrago by outspin
6.LDrago by outspin
7.Draw
8. Earth Bull by self ko
9.EarthBull by outspin
10.LDrago by outspin
Most of LDrago's win came from knocking Earth Bull off balance and outlasting it afterwards. The draws were pretty close and some of them might have been won by LDrago.
I can do tests with MF LDrago 90RF if you want.
(Jul. 22, 2010  11:26 PM)FlameDragon25 Wrote: x

So ~5 - 2 (3 draws). Hmmm, it seems weird that it does better against C145, imo.

Yeah, sure, it's up to you if you want to test MF L Drago 90RF.

Here are my results for MF Lightning L Drago 90WF:

MF Lightning L Drago 90WF - MF Earth Bull GB145WB:
10 (Lightning won twice by outspin) - 11 (Earth won by 7 KOs)
4 draws (3 double KOs)

MF Lightning L Drago 90WF - MF Earth Bull GB145B:
11 (won twice by outspin) - 11 (3 KOs in favour of Earth)
3 draws (2 double KOs)

MF Lightning L Drago 90WF - MF Earth Bull GB145WD:
7 - 12 (2 KOs for Earth)
1 draw (1 double KO)

I forgot the defence beys that Kei used in his testing for MF L Drago 90WF. I'll do that later. I just pure forgot hah!

Edit: Kei's MF L Drago 90WF is most likely better than MF Lightning L Drago 90RF, but I personally prefer LLD 90RF, mainly because of its explosiveness and the way it dispatches its opponents.
(Jul. 22, 2010  10:34 PM)Kei Wrote: I don't own a GB145 yet (it's on the way!), however I did face someone during HPT2 using MF Earth-something GB145WB, and surprisingly MF L Drago 100WF KOed it three times in a row. Obviously this is not reflective of it's overall probability to KO, but it does prove what I said in my previous post about shooting it with a proper sliding shot/bank.

...that was me. It was MF Earth Bull GB145WB, and as soon as I saw Kei was using the infamous "destabalizing attacker", I figured I should try to give my Bey more spin than normal, as it was on WF, not RF. Not a good idea.
Here are my results for MF Lightning L Drago 90RF. To be honest, I am pretty impressed by how it performs.

I've also done some tests on MF Lightning L Drago 100RF and it does seem to hit considerably harder.

TEST RESULTS:

-MFB Attack Type BeyStadium
-Bull Launched first at centre of Stadium with approx. 80% power
-L Drago launched full power with Banking Shoot
-RF slightly worn

MF Lightning L Drago 90RF vs Earth Bull C145WB
L Drago- 12 wins 60%
Bull- 7 wins 35%
Double- 1 Double KO 5%

MF Lightning L Drago 100RF vs MF Earth Bull C145WB
L Drago- 14 wins 70%
Bull - 4 wins 20%
Double- 2 Double KO 10%
I've just ordered an L Drago so I can perform some test in the next week or so, but in the mean time I think it would be interesting if someone could compare the results of MF Lightning L Drago 90RF and MF L Drago 100/90 WF against the stamina combo's in Kei's original thread that his destabilizing combo had so much trouble against and try and get definative results on which combo fares better against stamina. And if it's not asking to much a match between the differant L Drago combo's Smile
(Jul. 23, 2010  4:53 AM)Diamond Wrote: Here are my results for MF Lightning L Drago 90RF. To be honest, I am pretty impressed by how it performs.

I've also done some tests on MF Lightning L Drago 100RF and it does seem to hit considerably harder.

TEST RESULTS:

-MFB Attack Type BeyStadium
-Bull Launched first at centre of Stadium with approx. 80% power
-L Drago launched full power with Banking Shoot
-RF slightly worn

MF Lightning L Drago 90RF vs Earth Bull C145WB
L Drago- 12 wins 60%
Bull- 7 wins 35%
Double- 1 Double KO 5%

MF Lightning L Drago 100RF vs MF Earth Bull C145WB
L Drago- 14 wins 70%
Bull - 4 wins 20%
Double- 2 Double KO 10%

Cool cool. I just hope people don't keep upping the height to eventually we just get MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF ha!

Do you mind if I put your results up in the OP?
(Jul. 23, 2010  11:18 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Do you mind if I put your results up in the OP?
No prob!Wink
(Jul. 23, 2010  11:13 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: I've just ordered an L Drago so I can perform some test in the next week or so, but in the mean time I think it would be interesting if someone could compare the results of MF Lightning L Drago 90RF and MF L Drago 100/90 WF against the stamina combo's in Kei's original thread that his destabilizing combo had so much trouble against and try and get definative results on which combo fares better against stamina. And if it's not asking to much a match between the differant L Drago combo's Smile

I should order one as well. I think more tests like Kei's and yours should be done as pre-HWS L Drago seems to be an overlooked Wheel.

Edit: Sorry or posting this here; when my friend gets back, I'll play around with this some more.
Attack Stadium
BeyLauncher + Launcher Grip for both
MF Earth Aquario C145WB shot first

MF Lightning L Drago 90WF vs. MF Earth Aquario C145WB
MF Lightning L Drago 90WF: 6 wins
MF Earth Aquario C145WB: 11 wins
3 draws

My results are a bit less in MF Lightning L Drago 90WF's favour, but either way, both mine and Cpt. Squirrel's results prove that it is far less effective than MF L Drago 90/100WF. MF Lightning L Drago 90WF is simply just not as well suited to both destabalize and outlast its opponent, and the loss of grip due to using WF instead of RF only worsens it's recoil. Even against Stamina customs it had problems.

I did test MF L Drago 90RF first, but honestly, it was a waste of time. The loss of Stamina due to RF completely removed it's ability to perform as it should.
MF Lightning L Drago 90WF is pretty terrible... I really CBA to do extra testing on it.

When I asked if you could test MF L Drago 90RF, I meant if you could test it to see if it's as effective as MF Lightning L Drago 90RF is in terms of KOs, rather than outspins.

By the way, why isn't MF L Drago 90WF in the competitive combos thread?
(Jul. 25, 2010  1:20 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: When I asked if you could test MF L Drago 90RF, I meant if you could test it to see if it's as effective as MF Lightning L Drago 90RF is in terms of KOs, rather than outspins.

By the way, why isn't MF L Drago 90WF in the competitive combos thread?

Oh, my bad. Well, I would be confident in saying that Lightning L Drago is superior in terms of Smash Attack, but in overall win percentage against top tier Defense customs, not as good as MF L Drago 100WF.

Because I'm the only person who is doing tests? lol. More definitive testing needs to be done versus Stamina types, along with some recorded testing versus Attack types.
If it's any consolation, I'd be willing to test it if I had an L Drago.

I think that if there was an article on it in the wiki (I'm not looking at you to do it), it'd get more exposure and interest so more people would test it. I don't think too many have it right now for the reasons you've stated in your thread.