MF-L Fusion Cancer E230 XF (anti-Dragooon) added more tests and a benchmark

Seeing how Dragooon's spin equalizing is a well known and too common of a treat in the meta, I played around with parts that could effectively slay the mighty Dragooon

Part explanation:
MF-L to put less weight on XF
Cancer for its stamina
Fusion because the rubber can aid in causing friction when grinding slowing down a left spinning bey
E230 because the disk gives a grinding effect and aids in reducing equalizing
XF because of its speed and ability to stall

I did some informal tests with GCF the problem with GCF is when it topples over the gear gets in the way stopping it.

MF-L Fusion(rubber side down) Cancer E230(upper)XF vs Leviathan Dragooon SA165(norm)EWD
Dragooon launcher first at 75%, Fusion stalled
Fusion: 14/20 (14 os)
Dragooon 6/20 (6 os)
Fusion win rate: 70%

MF-L Fusion(rubber down) Cancer E230(upper) XF vs Duo (stam) Cancer W145 WD(mint)
Fusion stalled
Fusion: 2/10 (2 ko)
Duo: 8/10 (8 os)
Fusion: 20%

MF-L Fusion(rubber down) Cancer E230(upper) XF vs Duo (stam) Cancer 160PD
Fusion stalled
Fusion: 0/10
Duo: 10/10 (10 os)
Fusion: 0%

MF-L Fusion(rubber down) Cancer E230(upper) XF vs MF-H Duo (stam) Cancer 230MB
Fusion stalled
Fusion: 16/20 (16 ko)
Duo: 4/20 (3 os,1 ko)
Fusion: 80%
2 tie (Duo's freak ko was a wall save for Duo and Fusion went out of the exit only an inch next to Duo)

MF-L Fusion(rubber down) Cancer E230(upper) XF vs Gargoyle Dragooon S130 LRF (mint)
Fusion stalled, Dragooon sliding shoot
Fusion: 17/20 (13 os,4 ko)
Dragooon: 3/20 (3 ko)
Fusion: 85%
This match was strange, when Dragooon hit the rubber on Fusion it would stop dead in its tracks and goto a stalling movement in the center of the stadium

MF-L Fusion(rubber down) Cancer E230(upper) XF vs Ifrit Ifrit S130 R2F (mint)
Fusion stalled, Ifrit sliding shoot
Fusion: 19/20 (19 os)
Ifrit: 1/20 (1 ko)
Fusion: 95%

-Bench Mark (using outdated customs because its easier to tell I can use attack types)-
Flash Orion S130 R2F vs MF-F Duo Bull BD145 CS
Flash: 9/10 (9 ko)
Duo: 1/10 (1 os)
Flash: 90%
The one win by Duo was from me messing up the launch but I counted it anyway

I would like to add that the only 0g parts I have are Dragooon, Ifrit x2, Salamander, Gargoyle, Leviathan, SA165, LW165, W145, 160, E230, CF, BSF, WSF, GCF, SB
In what stadium were tests done in?
Looks like a pretty cool comboSmile I'd like to see more testsSmile
Um no BB-10 is where this is supposed to be tested, no need to apologize haha.
I am guessing he meant sorry as in sorry he forgot to add it to the OP.

Not a bad start so it seems. Hope to see good results with other tests, and hopefully some other members can test as well.
Trust me, there's many combos that can counter Dragooon, heck there's a thread with ways to counter it, haha.
Interesting combo!! Maybe Fusion will find a use!!
Intriguing use of Fusion! While this combo seems to carry out its mission as intended, is it only effective against Dragooon combos? Does it have any practical use against the rest of the meta-game?
This seems like an interesting combo!

However, I have to agree with Tri. Dragooon isn't that hard to beat(Duo W145 WD crushes Dragooon on EWD), and IMO is overrated. I'd argue Wyvang is much tougher to beat.

Oh, and if this only beats Dragooon, change the track and bottom. E230 is awful against the opposite spin, and XF is good, but GCF is better.

You should definitely test this against other stuff though. Can it KO MF-M Duo 230 MB, or can it OS a defense type? I'm interested to hear your results.
This thing could OS a defense type by a mile... but, Fusion doesn't exactly have very high precession compared to some other MW's. I don't see why you wouldn't just use Duo/Death on this instead if you're going for a Dragooon killer. :\ Plus, I don't actually see how this took down Dragooon SA165EWD...

MF-L Fusion Cancer E230XF vs. Reviser Dragooon SA165EWD
Dragoon launched first on all launches. Fusion in balance (rubber down) mode.
Cancer: wins, 0/10
Dragooon: wins, 10/10 (All OS)
MF-L Fusion Cancer E230XF win rate: 0%

Yah... IDK about this. Confused
Are you stalling fusion? Also how worn is your Ewd?
Plus I was just messing around when this seemed to work for me, I can try to record a video later
Stalled fusion... my EWD's like new. :\ IDK what happened...
You miss spelled Ifrit as infrit.

Now there are four ways to counter Dragooon: Itself, Duo, Death, and now Fusion.
(Aug. 11, 2013  5:27 PM)nupmuk Wrote: You miss spelled Ifrit as infrit.

Now there are four ways to counter Dragooon: Itself, Duo, Death, and now Fusion.

Fusion still has a ways to go before it is fully considered a true counter to Dragooon.
There are many other ways too.... such as every competitive attacker in beyblade.
(Aug. 11, 2013  5:38 PM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2013  5:27 PM)nupmuk Wrote: You miss spelled Ifrit as infrit.

Fusion still has a ways to go before it is fully considered a true counter to Dragooon.
Yeah I know it still has a ways to go but it seems pretty effective.
Sorry about lack of video I have to wait until I get my laptop back from the repair shop. And attack is a more solid counter to Dragooon, as for fusion being a solid counter to Dragooon it is very track picky, meaning it has to be on __230 if Dragoon is on SA160. And I am more the certain that my combo would benefit by having GF over XF sadly I do not have GF
nupmuk: I own Fusion, and it is NOWHERE near as effective against Dragooon than almost anything else I have... Unhappy And E230 isn't the greatest either. From my testing, this thing can only take down BD145RDF Dragooon combos, and that is due only to XF's ability to tornado stall.

MF-L Fusion Cancer E230XF vs. Gryph Dragooon F230CF
Dragooon: wins, 10/10 (3 KO, 7 OS)

MF-L Fusion Cancer E230XF vs. Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F
Dragooon: wins, 10/10 (6 KO, 4 OS)

So, yah... :\ Not too great. The only other variants of Dragooon customs anyone uses are Giga Flat stallers and BD145RDF defenders. I've informally tested against them both, and while it can sometimes take down BD145RDF, GF trashes it Confused. IMO, this does no better against Dragooon than a regular tornado staller (IE Phantom ____ 90MF, Genbull Dragooon T125GCF, Duo/Phantom _____W145MF, etc.).