MF-H L Drago Destroy BD145MF

A hint of sarcasm? Actually, it has a hell of alot less grip because of the chunk of rubber missing from the centre, and considering the size of the hole they made for the sharp, that's alot of lost potential...
Tell me how that affects the grip, if it's not in contact with the stadium?

Which is why when I did the rounds against GreeNxBlader, it was KO'd once.

The other losses were through OS, knocking MF-H Lightning L drago BD145CS out of a flower pattern, while the MF-H L drago Destroy BD145MF stayed closer to the centre, without being hit.
Certainly. Less surface area in contact with the floor = Less grip than an RF, but still some grip.
CAN WE PLEASE GO BACK ON-TOPIC, i don't want to have to read your thoughts on different CS tips, i made this thread FOR THIS COMBO!!! Angry
You don't understand...

When an RF is circling the rim, not the entire RF is in contact with the stadium.

Hence why RF/LRF/R2Fs don't wear flat.

The ridge is in contact.

Hence why, when CS is circling the stadium like an RF, for all intents at that point in time it's grip is the same.

It would have had more power on RF/LRF/R2F certainly, but at the sacrifice of having the ability for a later game KO.
(May. 30, 2011  12:20 PM)Mushy Wrote: Oops you failed! Gasp

But seriously, why are you so intent on promoting that combo. It sucks, and I can guarantee you it will have nothing against this. I'll post some tests if you must be so insistent, but I can tell you, only 20 rounds of tests, mmkay?

ive never posted this combo b4, i want you to test it because i have seen that combo do extremley well against loads of top tier blades, blitz used that combo and got a flawless group stage and got 2 finals with it.
FOR THE 3rd TIME!!! THIS IS OFF TOPIC, take it to the PMs if u care so much!
(May. 30, 2011  12:34 PM)momiji manju Wrote: You don't understand...

When an RF is circling the rim, not the entire RF is in contact with the stadium.

Hence why RF/LRF/R2Fs don't wear flat.

The ridge is in contact.

Hence why, when CS is circling the stadium like an RF, for all intents at that point in time it's grip is the same.

It would have had more power on RF/LRF/R2F certainly, but at the sacrifice of having the ability for a later game KO.

Therefore, the intelligent blader wears the RF to a point of optimum efficiency. You certaintly cannot do that with a CS, unless you would like to make it illegal. Green, this is on topic, as we are discussing why the CS variant of LT is doing well/bad against this.
IF YOU'RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT LIGHTNING TANK VARIANTS OR GRAVITY PERSEUS BD145MF, GTFO TO THE RELEVANT THREAD OR WHATEVER. THIS IS NOT RELEVANT TO THIS COMBO
I would have thought you guys would know better....

And no, it's not on topic, because now you're just discussing CS/R2F's properties, not how they relate to this combo. There are better places to have that discussion.

Anyway, on topic, GreeNxBlader, firstly, it's nice to see a new combo without a nickname, and a properly formatted thread, it's a shame it's gone so far off topic.
Would you be able to test against MF-H Basalt Aquario/Bull/Kerbecs 230/TH195MF? I'd be interested to see how this does.
The 0% vs BasaltBD145CS is a bit discouraging, considering it was quite popular (I'm not sure if it still is, but yeah).
But this thread is about MF-H LDD BD145MF, not how well a CS does on the LT which is a different combo Confused
To prevent this thread from going further off topic, any off topic posters will get warned.
Just some further testing. If this had nothing against Lightning, then in all respect, it would do similarly against something like Beat, considering Beat beats Lightning Tank? Its and odd theory I have in my mind, but regardless, I thought it seem fitting to test against a Lynx. I was shooting pretty crappy, but eh accurate enough. Previous format, worn down MF, though still completely legal. I shot the R2F in my own way, that is 100% bank, mixed in with a bit of skill. I use this to avoid what happened to me at Day of Beys...

MF-H Beat Lynx R145R2F vs. MF-H L Drago Destroy (Absorb) BD145 (Heads in major contact position.)MF
Beat Lynx Wins: 95% That is, 17 KOs, and 2 OS.
L Drago Destroy Tank (MF Variant) 1 KO, Lynx failed and ran out. Read my thoughts in IKMV's topic.

This is no ordinary L Drago, this is a mint L Drago. Near mint, but well, you get the point. The rubber just sucks at equalizing, in both modes and even if Lynx didn't manage to KO it'd just kill it, in the form of OS anyhow. It will manage to push it into a scrape, from my informal testing, but LDD, BD145 and MF are really sturdy.

I also just wanted to make a few remarks about the combo. The weight of this combo and MF itself give this a ridiculous amount of friction for a Metal bottom, and it also prevented it from running around. It catches onto the tornado ridge well, and although not quite there as one of those LT counters, still an excellent combo to play around with. The new rules skew this up now, as you wouldn't generally know what your opponent is using, unless yo are like Blah, but then again still an excellent combo, and would definately be top tier if more tests were conducted.

Oh, and th!nk, would you mind if I tested it against a WF rook? I do not as of yet have access to multiple Metal Flats. Somewhat off-topic, but just wanted to see if you would also like me to test against an XF version. I'm so skilled with one, or perhaps self-proclaimed, but even then I can make BD145XF not scrape Grin Seriously though, I can keep it in no problems and since XF is that much wider than WF the extra friction and speed may work to its advantage. Also, I find that even though lighter, because of MF and Hell's height, it makes for a much better combo, atleast from my playing around. So, test against Time Rook from Hell, XF Ver. or WF ver?
WF would be great, the others, ehhhhh, WF is better IMO as it should be able to catch the tornado ridge, instead of running away. So, MF-H Basalt Aquario/Kerbecs/Bull 230/TH195WF? Plus, it's a better measure, as we have other results for that combo. Probably use 230 to keep it comparable, but TH195 is cool too Tongue_out

BTW, Beat Lynx GB145/R145R2F doesn't really do great against MF-H Lightning L Drago BD145LRF according to Bluezee, though I've not been able to test it accurately as it's a flat rubber tip vs another fast moving opponent, and that is a case where I always prefer to see tests done in a 1v1/tourney-style situation, because a single-person test in that case isn't really representative of what actually happens.

And which new rules screws this up? Did we end up making double-blind-pick official or something?
Naw, but unless you know what your opponent is using, it is hard to decide last minute things like the mode L Drago should be in and the position of BD145 etc. That is true, Bluezee is correct in almost all aspects. What I meant to say differs slightly, but you get what I mean. And ok, Basalt 230WF coming up. I remember I was the first to come up with Destroy Tank, but it relied mostly on switching position of both the metal frame and position of BD145.
First off, thanks to the both of you for your support, puts a smile on my Unhappy face.
BTW, feel free to correct me here;
@mushy, SkyPrince got different results to u. Like, Beat Lynx still won but with a 70% ratio. (so yeh LDD still loses LOL). This trick is to not let LDD ride the tornado, u want to be able to get the most of of the first few direct hits, then i guess it goes around on its own. Other than that, i was thinking maybe using an aggressive CS (which i dont have anymore=Hasbro) and that i doubt this combo would get close to top tier (as nice as it would be).

@Th!nk Unfortunately, i dont have a Beat Lynx YET or a second MF (or WF) so i can't do your test, sorry.
I decided to remove this.. :V