MF-H Basalt Libra TH170 CS

Combo Nickname: The Yami Morphing Stronghold

I'd like to point out that I tested this few time, because the other player who had the parts to make it had to go.

ppl: if you tested it so poorly, why are you posting?

Well, when i tested it I obtained really good results. I'm asking YOU guys to test and tell me if i guessed it right.

Combo Discussion:
MF-H Basalt Libra\Virgo\Kerbecs TH170 CS

LIBRA\VIRGO?!? Yeah, libra\virgo, even if that doesn't influence that much, it seems that libra\virgo offers a good stamina on basalt. Still, you'll remember my thread on clear wheels and the fact we can't really test them out.

Why TH170?
Pretty simple:
Good as 230: easily win any matchup that basalt 230 CS easily wins by switching to 220 height.

Morphs into a shield: By switching to 170, a lot of 145 can be "blocked" in a easier way. Really helps against some matchups that used to give 230 problems

Wobbling! looking at the opponent's height, you can choose between 170,190 and 220 to make basalt go slightly over the opponent metal wheel, which means CRUSHING the opposing spin when combined with basalt.

The main problem is: Can this combo beat Basalt 230 cs? and what about Basalt BD145 CS/MB ?

i call YOU guys out for this =)
I'm getting th170 very soon, until then, i can't really test on my own.
Yo, if possible, please could you put only the customisation name in the thread name, instead of these nicknames. Thanks. Wink
So you cant use 230? Even though its similar? Im confused,
(will do for future threads, mine is just an habit giving yami name to everything, sorry xD)

basalt 230 has some issues with certain 145 attack aggressive combos. th170 can be useful for making those matchups way better (if any height of th170 outspins 230 that would be even better)
I'm thinking it will have most of the problems of 230 and more. I'm certain something like MF Gravity Perseus 105RF is tall enough to hit this, since I can still hit Basalt on 230. Perhaps it will be a wobbler in the right circumstances?
I wanted to use this combo in Canada, but my CS was too worn. It's a great combo.
I've been using G Perseus TH170EWD to spin steal from 230s...works like a charm!
from my tests it was a "even safer" version, but again, i need better testing.

well, gravity on 17-220 height with EWD would be KOed by basalt @170 cause of recoil, so it seems that th170 helps again in another matchup
Basically, at 220 this does the same things that 230 Basalt combos do, except this beats 230. At 170 this thing stands a decent chance against Basalt BD145 combos. From what I've seen, those matches can go either way because often one wins by KO, but I haven't formally tested anything
that's nice, i can't wait to get my lynx =)
With the basalt wheel it provides good defense. The EWD helps with stamina. And the TH170 just seems amazing on this. At the right height it helps basalt actually have some offense. Would you classify this as a balance type possibly?
Change the title now or this thread will be closed. This trend must stop now, not "in the future". You should not even have done it now that the issue was brought up.
FWIW, I've been using the same combo on MF. I'll vouch that the correct CW can make a big difference on Basalt, at least in these combo's. With MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170/195/220MF I was constantly outspun by MFH Basalt Aquario BD145CS, however, once I switched to Kerbecs, BasaltTH170 stopped toppling as quickly, and won by OS pretty reliably.
Other thoughts, like my preference for TH195 against Aggressive 145 height opponents can be found in the "Time Rook" thread (which is worth reading for this thread). I'll have a play around with this later and see how it goes, if I feel up to it I'll test, at least against MFH Basalt Aquario BD145CS though I'm actually almost totally satisfied with TH195MF right now.

Also, what type of CS were you using? Basically, what was the movement pattern like?
Edited the title!

about cs: i tried many of them but the best choice seems to be a NON aggressive one =)
May I suggest using Kerbecs in the orientation I described in the "time rook" thread? I've found it greatly improves the balance of this combo on MF (lets you os much more), so it should assist here as well.