MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230WF/MF..

Hmm, i dont suppose u guys got the idea of this chap's combo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYqieaT-UQ
he did testing there, first to 5.
Of course Screw isnt as good as horogium, but i guess u guys adapted the combo of his?
BTW, an RF also does well with this combo but i guess the MF would be best for the stamina issue.
That's quite a different combo. I wouldn't assume they "adapted" it from a video they may well have not seen before.
(May. 25, 2011  10:42 AM)UrStupiditiliti Wrote: Hmm, i dont suppose u guys got the idea of this chap's combo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYqieaT-UQ
he did testing there, first to 5.
Of course Screw isnt as good as horogium, but i guess u guys adapted the combo of his?
BTW, an RF also does well with this combo but i guess the MF would be best for the stamina issue.

beat it, troll. :\
I can't do full testing right now, as my arms are exhausted from lopping down trees/branches.
However, I've been playing around with TH170, as ControL_ mentioned. I don't have my WF yet, so the combo is MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170MF (Aquario is Hasbro Brand, and used because it is the best CW for this, by far).

TH220 is a silly idea, you'd be better off using a 230 track. It looks about the same, except Lightning can make better contact, so you're gonna get KO'd more often.

HOWEVER, TH195 looks like it carries enough momentum to KO you, and is at a good height to protect itself from being "Upper'd" to heavily. It doesn't seem to be easily Equalised, Basalt still knocks down on LT pretty heavy, sapping it's stamina.
It hurts pretty bad when it collides with LT often causing a HUGE Spin Velocity drop for the Tank, or an outright KO.
LT CAN KO it, don't get me wrong, it's not a 100% counter, but yeah, it looks bloody impressive.

It's an INSANE level of momentum, and it seems to be at an awkward height for LT to do much about. I could be doing something wring with LT, but yeah, this thing is a monster of momentum, and MF at least has enough "cling" to avoid self-KO's. You might try steep banking with LT to get an "up-shot" at it, maybe?

Now, as for why I don't test it if it looks so good: I'd suggest testing only be trusted when done by TWO people. Momentum is extremely important in this case, and as the combo's can't be launched at the same time by one person, you need TWO people.

So, I don't guarantee this for tourney use, try it out in free play
beforehand. That said, DO bring it, and DO try it.

EDIT: Just tried it a bit more at 170. Don't bother, if you don't get KO'd by LT, you'll get outspun. 195 is the prime choice IMO: Lower Centre of Gravity means you're more stable, and much harder to KO, but it's tall enough to grind opponents into the floor, and not fear being Equalised heavily.

EDIT 2: Of course, that's just against MF Lighting L Drago BD145LRF, against other opponents, you'll need to experiment a bit Tongue_out

EDIT 2: Wait, nope, I was saying stick to 220 against MM, but I just realised I accidentally used MF-H MLD CH120XF (with Meteo in Absorb mode to boot), so it wasn't really proper. Still, 220 is probably a better choice regardless (though, if for some reason they use MM on a 145 height against you, you get super-easy KO's with 190).
Did my own tests 20 rounds
Beylauncher LR + launcher grip used for both beys
Grip + angle compass used for l spin other wise Same launcher
Stadium:MFB attack

Lightning tank VS TIME ROOK MF FORM
LT:14/20
TR:6/20
More tests shall be done soon
Can you check your MF for ANY chips? They have a tendency to get damaged, and that affects their performance.
And you need to state the FULL combo's used, not their Nicknames (we're phasing out nicknames now, btw). For example, how am I to know you used the correct combo's, or what CW you used on MF-H Basalt__ 230MF?

How was each bey launched, did you alternate launches or not, etc etc etc.

And Dan, it might be worth slashing the other CW's (especially Aquario) into the OP, so people don't assume Kerbecs is the Best/Only option, unless I'm mistaken and it is?
Well sorry I know I did that one wrong I was in a hurry well the combos were
MF lightning ldrago BD145RF VS MF-H Basalt kerbecs 230MF
My own launch for lld
Which is a TYPE of sliding shoot
Tornado stalling for basalt
MF is mint at least 70 battles were done with this MF
RF is semi worn more than 120 battles
Still seems kind of odd, the combo works extremely well against MF LLD BD145LRF for me Confused
And Bluezee and I, then again we don't know carp about LT.
I have no clue how you can mess up a tornado stall..
Actually I didn't mess it up you and bluezee are idols for me and I look up to you
It's not how I launched the time rook it's how I launched the lightning tank dude you guys obviously know more than me about lightning tank and maximum meteor but these are the results I got I might amke a video
My launch for lightning ldrago BD145RF is a forcefull sliding shoot those are my results
When someone gets results different from your own don't assume they did something wrong while launching or stuff like that think about how they might have gotten the results instead
This all too common misconception leads to many arguements.
I don't think Dan meant any offence (and nor did I) Smile. It's just really incredible you're getting those results... Are you able to do a video of your launch at all, I'd be really interested to see what you're doing.
No, we didn't mean any offense. Just post a video, we'll see whats up!
I dont know if this helps in any way but at Day of beys 'tehfez' used the MF version of Time Rook and won 2 Battles with it.

I cannot remember what it was against but IIRC it was 2 Stamina combos.
Haha I never said that you meant offense just thought you woUldnt believe my results yes can make a video but I've locked up my stuff laptop,camera etc using my phone ATM anyways I locked them away cause of my exams and yeah lots to study kinda lame I know but school first huh I'll go ahead and make a 20 match video while using my launch and let's see if i can repeat these results it will be uncut but I will put in the results via my editing software so yeah hope for that soon.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-mf-for-stamina
did some testing on this combo here with the MF version Tongue_out it was a while back though...
(May. 30, 2011  6:13 PM)Gogetablaze Wrote: Haha I never said that you meant offense just thought you woUldnt believe my results yes can make a video but I've locked up my stuff laptop,camera etc using my phone ATM anyways I locked them away cause of my exams and yeah lots to study kinda lame I know but school first huh I'll go ahead and make a 20 match video while using my launch and let's see if i can repeat these results it will be uncut but I will put in the results via my editing software so yeah hope for that soon.
Awesome, I eagerly await the video. Good luck with exams Grin

(May. 31, 2011  8:18 AM)RustyXD Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-mf-for-stamina
did some testing on this combo here with the MF version Tongue_out it was a while back though...
H-uh, that was aages ago. WOAH.
Just some useless speculation on this :L

If I use an XF and launch it perfectly, then the extra friction and speed will do this more good than harm.
If I use Hell, the extra height may make it even more susceptiible to 145 height attackers, and the extra weight will prove horrible for this, but will also make it more useful on the whole. *hint* Someone please test Hell Rook MF.
If I use TH170, again, it will make for more momentum and also make it more useful?

OK, so the basis of this post is basically:

Test Hell Rook. (This with Basalt subbed for Hell.)
Test TH170 with Hell if hell is great, or with Basalt if it fails.
Test XF under same conditions as TH170.

Thank you people Grin
Might I say, I find 170 is far easier to KO, but as I said, 195 works great.

The low recoil of basalt and it's ability to outspin opponents makes it perfect for this, I doubt hell will do as well.
I'd think XF would be KO'd easily, but Dan mentioned using it before, so it's entirely possible it works (though he said it was crazy hard to control, apparently).

That said, this is theoretical til I get the chance to try it out properly Uncertain
People wouldn't bother testing this with XF because it would be too hay-wire for them. WF is much easier to use and takes hits a lot better than XF.
th!nk, I believe it's 195, not 190.

Anyways, now that I know how to make videos, I can do one for MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230MF against MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF and MF Meteo L-Drago CH120XF and others. I'm not sure about my skill with the 2 mentioned, though.
Just a note: USE KERBECS AS THE CW. Seriously, I cannot beat MFH Basalt Aquario BD145CS with MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170/195/220MF reliably. Using Kerbecs, oriented correctly to balance the dip (I don't have pics, but you'll work it out), however, can OS it pretty easy, it just needs to survive any battles on the tornado ridge at the start of the beybattle (as it stands a fair chance of being KO'd).
So yeah, against BasaltBD145, aim for stability, for sure (I used 170).

Of course, WF might do better/worse, but until mine arrives, I can't tell for sure. But yeah, MF-H Basalt Aquario TH220MF has some stability issues that can be difficult for it.

EDIT: MR. N was correct, I Derp'd, it's 195
Seems fair enough, but I don't think a bit of the clear wheel hanging over the staircase of death will offer that much a dramatic increase in stabilization over Aquario anyway. It's all theoretical at this point, but I'll have tests up in a few days time. Idk though, I've been getting infinitely better results with MF though. Perhaps its just my launch really...

Oh, and could someone test Hell anyway? I love Hell TH170MF. Th!nk, I'm not overly perfectionist about this, but some people tend to use the proper name of the track, rather than being fancy, so I think you should take into account that TH220 is still essentially TH170 and try not to misunderstand me, mmkay?
It makes a HUGE difference to me, as I said, that was from using it, and with Aquario it couldn't even outspin an unbalanced BasaltBD145 (had BD145 on wrong, derp, but for the record, with Kerbecs it did the one time I used it before I figured it out), it consistently lost by narrow outspins, as it toppled and died, and a couple of times it lost by KO, as my CS is quite aggro on combo’s like basaltBD145

But, with Kerbecs, it easily outspins. You can Slide, Bank, Or Straight shoot, whatever will let it stay in and avoid BasaltBD145, then, you pretty much outspin it easily. There's a HUGE difference in balance. I didn't expect it, but yeah... IDK what this means for my CW thread, but it seemed to be the difference here.
Basically, I’ve got one “chain section” of the CW opposite to the “staircase”, and the end of one cahin and beginning of another over the dip.

For the record, it also outspins MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS, (Kerbecs oriented correctly) though it seems a bit narrower.

We started using CH145 isntead of "CH120 at 145 Height" because it's easier, and so people always know which height others are using (so there's no ambiguity when someone types CH120, they're using it in 120 mode).
(May. 20, 2011  11:59 PM)Cyber Blader Wrote: Hell Libra BD145XF (Boost Mode) vs. Time Rook (MF Version)
Libra: 6 OS, 1 KO
Time Rook: 3 OS

I alternated shots, Time Rook only won when it was shot first. I don't have WF, so I can't test against the WF version.

Got around to doing it:

MF Hell Byxis BD145XF vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230WF
MF Hell Byxis BD145XF win rate: 6/20 (6 KO)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230WF: 14/20 (4 OS, 10 KO)
Time Rook win percent: 70%

Yeah.. lol.
Surprisingly enough, Hell BD145's flywheel didn't surpass Basalt's momentum stamina wise.
Ahahah, somehow, I don't think that'll get any better against TH170, either. Damn, I really wanna take my stadium on holiday with me now... Uncertain