MF-H Bakushin BD145RSF

MF-H Bakushin ___ BD145RSF...

I've been experimenting heavily with quasi-attack/ attack/defense hybrids lately, as such I think this (Bakushin) is a very good vehicle for the job... It's somewhat stout, good weight distribution/balance (helps with stamina), add a MF-H to make up for the power/(weight in this case) creep that happens in ALL customizable games as time goes by, and a BD145 to boost defense, promote lower Center of gravity and overall profile, and RSF for versatility, Defensive while able to get movement when needed... the result is a low, bowl shaped Bey that resists smash somewhat well.. I haven't played around with CW's much, perhaps its worth looking into something with a lower profile, Horogium for instance.

MF-H Bakushin Susanow BD145RSF vs MF Beat Lynx GB145R2F
Bakushin 18-25 (saved by the wall several times) -launched banked
Beat 7-25 (2 OS)

Bakushin 72%

Then I decided to try Bakushin with an HF/S tip, as a comparison to the 'shell' of the combo (MFH Bakushin BD145) as the tip is popular with 'quasi-attack'/toolbox types which, held onto the rim of the stadium really well.

MFH Bakushin Susanow BD145HFS vs MF Beat Lynx GB145R2f

HF mode (banking) - complete evasion by Bakushin
Bakushin 10-10
Beat 0-10

S mode (banking)
Bakushin 8-10
Beat 2-10

Overall Bakushin 90%
its only 10 battles per mode, so not like it is extremely accurate, again just to compare.

MFH Bakushin Susanow BD145RSF vs MF VariAres R145R2F (right spin)
Bakushin 14-20
Vari 6-20

Bakushin 70%

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF VariAres R145R2F (Left spin)
Bakushin 18-20 (Banking)
Vari 2-20

Bakushin 90%

This was TRULY surprising to me... But I repeated the tests later with a similar result, So yeah RSF is suppose to be weak VS left spin attackers, but I think its the shape of Bakushin that is neutralizing the most powerful attack combos smash, LTAC will have better luck

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF Gravity Perseus 85RF(right spin)
Bakushin 19-20
Gravity 1-20

Bakushin 95%

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF Gravity Perseus 85RF (left spin)
Bakushin 3-20
Gravity 17-20

Bakushin 15%

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs Blitz Unicorno II 85RF
Bakushin 20-25
Blitz 5-25

Bakushin 80%

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF Fang Leone S130R2F
Bakushin 26-30 (many wall saves)
Fang 4-30

Bakushin 86%

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF LLD CH120RF (all TT)
Bakushin 9-25
LLD 16-25

Bakushin 45%

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF MLD CH120XF (all TT)
Bakushin 0-25
MLD 25-25

Bakushin 0%

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF VariAres CH120RF (right)
Bakushin 15-30
Vari 15-30

Bakushin 50%

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF VariAres CH120RF (left)
Bakushin 10-20
Vari 10-20

Bakushin 50%

This one took forever!!!!! There was, no joke, 17 ties!!! They was spin steal/equalization happening, I think mostly in favor of Bakushin

But it seems that 120 is the height that does the best.

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs Basalt Aquario 145WD
Bakushin 0-15
Basalt 15-15

Bakushin 0%

No surprise there really, pure stamina will OS a RSF all day long, and the weight of Basalt made it impossible for Bakushin to go quasi-attack for a KO.

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF Blitz Herculeo S130R2F
Bakushin 12-25
Blitz 13-25

Bakushin 48%

MFH Bakushin BD145RSF vs MF Beat Lynx 85RF
Bakushin 20-30
Beat 10-30

Bakushin 66%

Bakushin overall VS the field 57.7%

More tests to follow... Also I really hope I don't have to do like 900 videos again like the last combo I presented, so if all you have to contribute is "thats impossible" or some presentation of ill-founded logic based on 9th grade introductory Physics... please REFRAIN unless YOU, YOURSELF have indeed tried THIS EXACT combo, AND can use an RSF like an RF tip, a worn one anyway...

Also, I'm not claiming to have founded this combo, I just like the idea of using wheels/parts most people overlook, or don't use due to rarity etc. I understand other members proposed a similar combo as a replacement to Basalt__BD145 in the event of Basalts banning, I was unaware of this until now... and there were not any official tests done. Again just wanted to make note.

All tests with standard procedures.
I'm 100% sure this thread was just made and closed.

Is there any particular reason you remade it instead of just posting in the Bakushin thread?
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:37 AM)Hazel Wrote: I'm 100% sure this thread was just made and closed.

Is there any particular reason you remade it instead of just posting in the Bakushin thread?

This is for a specific combination. In the other one, he was trying to make a general Bakushin topic as well.
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:37 AM)Hazel Wrote: I'm 100% sure this thread was just made and closed.

I talked to Kai-V... relevance to topic??

edit: Kai-v beat me
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

This is for a specific combination. In the other one, he was trying to make a general Bakushin topic as well.

I see. Well, in that case, I apologize for my earlier comment. I just didn't see any distinction between the two threads but an added paragraph that really didn't change anything, and assumed the first one being closed was an agreed-upon decision.

Carry on.
In your results I only see right-spin oriented attack combos. Please use left spin attackers as well. It seems you even have VariAres, why not use it in left spin? Please post these results.
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:49 AM)Hero Wrote: In your results I only see right-spin oriented attack combos. Please use left spin attackers as well. It seems you even have VariAres, why not use it in left spin? Please post these results.

Being that the combo utilizes RSF, it's likely Left-Spin will hold a noticable advantage over it. However, if only for that reason, I'm also quite interested in seeing tests about this.

Quote:HF mode (banking) - complete evasion by Bakushin

...I'm not sure I understand this. Are you actually posting test results wherein the Attack wheel simply failed to make contact? If that is the case, they are hardly relevant. The combination needs to be tested under circumstances wherein it is more likely to fail, not conditions where the attacker is assumed incompetent. If that is not what you meant, I apologize. But, depending on your combo simply avoiding contact is not a valid style of play.
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:53 AM)Hazel Wrote: ...I'm not sure I understand this. Are you actually posting test results wherein the Attack wheel simply failed to make contact? If that is the case, they are hardly relevant. The combination needs to be tested under circumstances wherein it is more likely to fail, not conditions where the attacker is assumed incompetent. If that is not what you meant, I apologize. But, depending on your combo simply avoiding contact is not a valid style of play.

No, contact was indeed made, however, the profile of Bakushin combined with the speed of the tip made the smash of Beat completely ineffective and then winning (Bakushin) by OS, so I say it completely evaded Beat's usual beatings pardon the pun.
I also didn't test VariAres in left Because it completely slipped my mind it could go left, its usually better in right anyway, but I will test vs the left mode... although I do believe it will not be that impressive, RSF isn't great vs. left spin opponents...
(Oct. 13, 2011  7:58 AM)gibsonmac Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:53 AM)Hazel Wrote: ...I'm not sure I understand this. Are you actually posting test results wherein the Attack wheel simply failed to make contact? If that is the case, they are hardly relevant. The combination needs to be tested under circumstances wherein it is more likely to fail, not conditions where the attacker is assumed incompetent. If that is not what you meant, I apologize. But, depending on your combo simply avoiding contact is not a valid style of play.

No, contact was indeed made, however, the profile of Bakushin combined with the speed of the tip made the smash of Beat completely ineffective and then winning (Bakushin) by OS, so I say it completely evaded Beat's usual beatings pardon the pun.
I also didn't test VariAres in left Because it completely slipped my mind it could go left, its usually better in right anyway, but I will test vs the left mode... although I do believe it will not be that impressive, RSF isn't great vs. left spin opponents...

If you would, I'd like to see it re-tested against Beat, but with you deliberately making sure the two wheels connect - if the combo cannot actually take a hit(and your test doesn't prove whether or not it can, as no contact was made), it's invalidated against that specific combo. While some lucky matches where no-contact-OSing DO occur, it's rare, and really not something to build a combo around.

As for the VariAres test, it is as I said; Left-Spin will probably demolish the combo due to RSF's weakness to left-spin. However, the exact degree to which this counteracts it should be tested and known about, so that counter-countering can be done.

When suggesting a combo, you need to provide both its strengths AND its weaknesses, in full view, for it to be considered thoroughly. Wink
You need to do comparison tests. Otherwise we won't really know how well it really does.
More tests up
How did you launch VariAres in left spin? Can you also try the custom MF VariAres CH120R2F? It's odd to see Gravity Perseus doing better. Although, it could be the height ..
(Oct. 14, 2011  6:07 AM)Hero Wrote: How did you launch VariAres in left spin? Can you also try the custom MF VariAres CH120R2F? It's odd to see Gravity Perseus doing better. Although, it could be the height ..

its the height and shape... Vari really has no spin steal ability because of the radical shape, while the bottom ridge of Gravity is round and meets up with the BD145 and steals spin perfectly, but at a higher track, it doesn't do as well. It really shouldn't be too surprising, considering Bakushin was offered as a straight replacement/upgrade to Basalt in the advanced forum..

You can get the black version of Bakushin Susanow for $20ish on the bay, so its really no more expensive than any other beyblade, I'd highly recommend picking one up.
Now i see this. WHO GIVES A _____ ABOUT THE PAINT. getting the Lunar Eclipse version form wpardin @ the tournament!
There it is! As soon as the L Dragos crept in, Bakushin was toast!
But well, its surprising to see VariAres go down and Gravity Perseus perform so well. Smile
(Oct. 14, 2011  4:31 PM)gibsonmac Wrote: It really shouldn't be too surprising, considering Bakushin was offered as a straight replacement/upgrade to Basalt in the advanced forum..
No, no, no.
That thought/comparison was put in place in Deikailo's video vs. Blitz 85RF, not in the advanced forum.
Yo, Hero is right though, MF/-H VariAres CH120RF (both spins) would be a good test.

I can't believe it. Impossible.
Ughh vari ares losing to bakushin is impossible. Bassalt gets a beating, how can BAKUSHIN survive? Video, please!
TBH I don't like VariAres at 145 height, the contact doesn't seem hard enough compared to 120 and considering VariAres is a very straight, undisrupted wheel on the underside, having it at 145 height wouldn't be the greatest thing. It isn't like VariAres could force smash or anything..
CH120RF results will surely be different.
(Oct. 14, 2011  4:56 PM)Shika blade Wrote: I can't believe it. Impossible.
Ughh vari ares losing to bakushin is impossible. Bassalt gets a beating, how can BAKUSHIN survive? Video, please!

Basalt gets a beating by vari because of the weight and profile, Bakushin is slightly lighter, and the profile, as stated MANY times, doesn't allow for most attackers to 'dig in' and deliver their beating... believe me, during testing I was actually getting kinda pissed that I couldn't KO the Bakushin with my best attack combo's...

Dan is right, I think 120 will be the most successful attack height against Bakushin.
will have CH120RF tests up this evening hopefully
Sounds good.
I wouldn't say Basalt allows attackers to 'dig in' but those slits on the wheel cause recoil and so does its unbalanced weight distribution which doesn't help against attackers like VariAres or Blitz. Bakushin is much like Earth but IIRC it has this smooth slant to it which should help it vs. Attackers.
By the way, are those KOs from Lightning LDrago?
Test against Basalt Horogium 145WD, Hell Kerbecs BD145DS, and Scythe Kronos T125EDS.
Or, you know, Earth 85WD!!!
I'm being completely serious. Serious
So am I, it kills all BD145 related customs. (Perhaps not VariAres BD145 and Lightning is arguable, but not much)
It doesn't kill Basalt BD145WD.