MF Gravity Perseus 85/90/100 RF

It seems TOO strange that nobody noticed perseus potential yet.
Tested it and often beats every listed top tier there

Perseus 85/90/100 RF

This combo is currently dominating our metagame. the rf needs to be a little bit worn (not too much).
It can outspin WB, RS and RSF, aand since you're using a RF, you can also go for a KO.
It sometimes outspins SD at 145 height, but it mostly KO it.
in RF VS RF is lethal if you shoot it quite weak, making it doing little circles aroud the stadium. (Perseus won 3 tourneys in a row here in italy where almost everyone uses RF)
Against stamina it often KOs easily other beyblades.

so yeah, try yourself this combo that is dominating our metagame.
if i'll be able to, i'll do videos of it.

Results obtained in an attack stadium, obviously
how did you launch it and did you battle top tier combos? we can't validate your testing if you didn't
Dominating the metagame? How? I've only seen one video of this. (DrigerGT's vid)

It's not even on the Competetitive MFB Combos, so you need more testing.
how did you launch it and which top tiers did you battle because you said you battled quite a few top tiers but we need to know what they were so we know what it is effective against. we still can't validate your testing, sorry, but true
and what do you mean nobody has noticed its attack potential? Many of us are already Informed of this combo! but it works best at 145 even 125 such as D125 and R145
with 145 height perseus loses all its steal spin potential.

tested it (and will do vids) against:

Quetz 90 RF/r2f
MF L L Drago ch120 rf/r2f
Mf Pegasis 145 rf/r2f
Ray unicorno 100 rf/r2f

MF Earth Bull C145 WB, R145 RS, C145 RS

Virgo DF145 SD
Burn Bull DF145 SD
Earth Bull DF145 SD

note that you WON'T outspin a WD, no way if you don't have a WD.
if an opponent is playing WD, aim for the KO or you'll lose.

forgot to mention:
Shot it these ways:

VS RF: Weak shot at thhe center of the stadium,NO INCLINATION.
VS Defense/Stamina: Banking

Clear Wheel: Counter Mode
Spin: Left vs everything (not against l drago anyway)

you guys should test it too
I forgot one more set of criteria, you need to battle each top tier roughly ten times and record the number of wins/losses for gravity perseus against each opponent
will do on vid in a couple of days, anyway, i'm writing this so you can test it too. (I use it with 90 track anyway)
There was a thread by Nojo294 on Gravity Perseus variants. Look that up because if the mods find that thread, they will close this.

EDIT: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Gravity-...-Legendary
you just unwittingly helped the mods close this by posting the other thread lol
everyone uses 145 height. it surely has a lot of attack potenial like that, but you won't regret trying it at 90 height
if you want to close this thread without even trying, well, ok then lol
It is still a variant, so it should be posted there.
I think there is a limit to what a variant is ... At such a different height, this combination can deserve a separate topic, because the other one seemed to focus more on Gravity Perseus with high Tracks.
Gravity seems to be the wheel that keeps giving! It works on so many height variations similar to how versatile Lightning is.

Gravity VS WB Defence Combo (Click to View)

Gravity VS RS Defence Combo (Click to View)

As the results indicate against a WB opponent Gravity ravaged it’s opponents but once I switched bottoms to RS the battle became one sided. I’m yet to try Gravity in left spin against a RS opponent but I’ve got a feeling that due to Gravity’s left spin orientation it’ll destabilize the opponent very similar to what Meteo and Lightning does, I’ll post results soon.

But I’m quite surprised by how well Gravity does on so many height variations, it definitely has top tier potential.
yes, with RS, if your spin is opposite to the rs user, there's little to no chance for rs to win, cause it constantly
gets outspinned.

so yeah, you can outspin defence and attack, and you can ko stamina without too much problems.
the only thing that did good against gravity90rf is mf earth bull gb145 WD, which is not really safe cause the WD is not too good for defense, so you have the chance to ko it.

thanks for your results
Hey Yamislayer, I was testing Gravity Perseus for another thread anyway so I decided to have a go at a lower height for the track...

Equipment
  • MF Gravity Perseus 90RF - Takara Tomy
    • Slightly used RF
    • Counter mode
    • Right spin
  • MF Earth Bull GB145WB - Takara Tomy
    • Used but not worn WB
    • Earth Mold 2
  • L-R Beylauncher with Launcher Grip for Gravity Perseus
  • Beylauncher with Launcher Grip for Earth Bull
  • Metal Fight Beyblade Attack Stadium - Takara Tomy

The results:

MF Gravity Perseus 90RF - Left Spin 25% vs MF Earth Bull GB145WB 80%

I was genuinely surprised by these results. To clarify, it was a banking launch, and I redid non-successful flower pattern movement, and launched with as much strength as I can (causing the beystadium to move and stagger). (Testing with a right spin, and a left spin bey with two different launchers takes a bit longer... switching launchers is a pain Smile ) But my results were poor.

Observing the rounds, Gravity Perseus was knocking Earth Bull around, and often causing it to tilt wildly, causing the Earth Wheel/Gravity Bowl to skid along the stadium. Surprisingly Earth Bull GB145WB would then suddenly right itself after being hit again, or suddenly just pop up right by itself, and then continued to out spin MF Gravity Perseus 90RF. I was pretty disappointed, so I tried the same combos using right spin on MF Gravity Perseus 90RF.

The results:

MF Gravity Perseus 90RF - Right Spin 65% vs MF Earth Bull GB145WB 35%

It seemed that MF Gravity Perseus 90RF fared better at this height in Right Spin, rather than its Left Spin self. I also observed that MF Gravity Perseus 90RF had far better smash in Right Spin than in Left Spin, in my testing at least.

Sadly I do not have an 85 track to corroborate Fyuuor's great testing. I have yet to test this combo against an attack type, perhaps tomorrow, when I have free time. I am looking forward to it, as I usually play against attack types...
the strange thing is that your perseus did NOT outspin wb!i have 3 wb and tried all of them, but the result is always the same.

is your rf worn in a way that makes your bey unbalanced, or something like that?
Hey YamiSlayer, I was surprised that I was not getting more Knock Outs from MF Gravity Perseus 90RF.

But in my previous tests, which were both rounds of twenty, MF Gravity Perseus 90RF did not come close to outspinning MF Earth Bull GB145WB at any point. On your suggestion, just to eliminate the variable of RF wear, I used three different RFs. Here is a picture of the Beys, tracks, and bottoms used.

The picture:
The leftmost RF was opened yesterday, from the WBO exclusive Attack Tracks and Bottoms set, the second came from a Hasbro Storm Pegasis 105RF starter, and is in medium condition, and the last is a worn RF from BB-32 (The Storm Pegasis-Dark Wolf-Attack Stadium Set).

Equipment
  • MF Gravity Perseus 90RF - Takara Tomy
    • Moderately used RF and used RF
    • Counter mode
    • Right spin
  • MF Earth Bull GB145WB - Takara Tomy
    • Used but not worn WB
    • Earth Mold 2
  • L-R Beylauncher with Launcher Grip for Gravity Perseus
  • Beylauncher with Launcher Grip for Earth Bull
  • Metal Fight Beyblade Attack Stadium - Takara Tomy

I was getting ready for bed so these results are from a 10 round testing.

results:

MF Gravity Perseus 90RF - Left Spin - Moderately Used RF 30% vs MF Earth Bull GB145WB 70%

From the above testing, the seven were by outspin, favoring MF Earth Bull GB145WB

This time I used a worn RF.

results:

MF Gravity Perseus 90RF - Left Spin - Worn RF 0% vs MF Earth Bull GB145WB 100%

From the above results, nine were by outspin, and a lone KO favoring MF Earth Bull GB145WB.

No surprises, and it was consistent with my previous tests. In these tests, and the previous ones, the majority of wins from MF Earth Bull GB145WB were from OS.

I did some quick informal tests with MF Gravity Perseus T125RF in Left Spin against... Dark Wolf D125FS. I could NOT win after 3 or 4 rounds. I switched MF Gravity Perseus T125RF to Right Spin, and I was consistently knocking out Dark Wolf D125FS for about 3 rounds...

I unfortunately only have a digital camera with poor video recording capabilities, otherwise I would have recorded a quick video. (Might still try though)

I will try against a few different attack types tomorrow...
now, that's strange, why do i outspin that? i'll make a video soon!
(Nov. 25, 2010  2:32 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: yes, with RS, if your spin is opposite to the rs user, there's little to no chance for rs to win, cause it constantly
gets outspinned.

I was thinking more KO's due to the left spin destabilizing the opponent which causes an RS opponent to become off balance resulting in a greater chance of KO. I'll test out the out spinning theory when I perform left spin tests of Gravity but I honestly can't see it winning many if any matches due to out spinning the opponent.
short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVu02KCF_U (the first could be considered a draw cause perseus stopped just a very little time after bull)
sorry about the double post (did it for bumping the thread)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAxxD1jePAw
outspin hmmm
yep, i think it's quite promising
Gravity VS WB Defence Combo (Click to View)

Gravity VS RS Defence Combo (Click to View)

As Yamislayer predicted Gravity won a majority of it’s victories against as RS opponent by outspin however when facing an WB Defence combo Gavity’s spin stealing was still effective but wasn't as reliable as Gravity only won 1 or 2 matches from each round versing a WB defence opponent by out spin. In the matches where Gravity faced an RS opponent Gravity would destabilize the opponent and knock it off balance resulting in an easier KO for Gravity. If Gravity was unsuccessful in destabilizing the opponent it would gain victory by out spinning against an RS opponent. However, when facing a WB opponent Gravity’s smash attack isn’t as strong as being spun in right spin where Gravity ravaged the opponent with a 80%+ win rate. Another let down for Gravity being in left spin against an WB opponent was that Gravity wasn't consistent in it's ability stealing spin and out spinning the opponent though it would generally lose by only a few extra rotations but it did win a few matches from out spin but wasn't as reliable as when Gravity faced a RS opponent.

All in all I’m impressed with how well Gravity has performed against an RS opponent even though Gravity achieved mediocre results against a WB. Though to keep in context Lightning and Meteo achieve the exact same results against an RS opponent as well as boasting a better win rate against a WB opponent as Meteo and Lightning are capable of stealing spin much more effectively. Gravity is definitely top tier potential and I urge all other WBO members whom are reading this to please provide testing further testing for Gravity as it deserves top tier status.