MF-F Lightning LDrago CH120XF.

(Apr. 02, 2011  12:45 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: MeteorKing, was there negative recoil that lightning suffered from due to less friction than RF?
I see 40% basalt KO's, and I'm wondering if Lightning had too much negative recoil because of basalt's weight. (whether it KO'ed itself or not)

I think I marked all the times LLD self KO'd, I repeated and did not count the times where it flew out of the stadium after not or only barely touching basalt.
The two marked as self KO's were just that, it didn't seem to suffer recoil, it just wandered off the edge after a few hits.
The two other KO's, Basalt was moving a bit, seeing as my CS is a bit blunted/dulled, so it kinda KO'd LLD.
RF would probably stop those recoil KO's, and I did one round with RF, LLD couldn't KO it, I didn't bother doing much more as LLD looked to be hitting as hard as it could and doing very little. LLD got outspun by about 5 seconds.

And, uhh, I did a couple rounds with CH145 before I realised and re-did them, it didn't get KO'd, just outspun. But that was only three rounds so take it with a pinch of salt.

My only other suggestion may be trying MF-H instead of MF, maybe?
You just need practice with XF, you should be using CH145 against 230..
Yeah, probably. It's like mf, it takes practice.
I was using cH145 against 230, but when I'd moved on to bd145 I accidentally left it at 145. I restarted when I realised.

Edit:WOAH, just realised I used mf instead of mf-f...
I'll redo the tests when I get up this evening (it's 930am and I'm off to bed), might be able to change those os's maybe.

Okay, done some tests, still 10-0, BUT it looked more convincing, other than recoil wise. It got saved by the wall A LOT. This is partially due to the fact my CS is now a little aggressive, if basalt is moving, you're going to have trouble. I may retry with an even weaker launch with LLD (Maybe I can find a use for my hasbro Left Launcher)

Anyway, results

MF-F Lightning L Drago CH145XF vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145 CS (balanced orientation). Basalt Launched first, Launched at 100%. LLD launched at 70-80%, Banking. Round ten I launched it a 50%, yeah, maybe I should've kept it uniform, but I don't think it was really going to hurt LLD's chances.
CH120 is at 145 as I first did 5 rounds at 120, and it didn't go well, 4KO's, and 1 OS, basalt winning 5-0.
BB-10 Attack Stadium, Beylauncher R and Beylauncher L (URS Ver).
CS a little aggressive, especially considering my launch is pretty damn strong.

1. BOS
2. BOS
3. BOS
4. BKO
5. BOS
6. BKO
7. BKO
8. BOS
9. BOS
10. BKO

Results: LLD: 0/10
Basalt: 10/10 6OS, 4KO

So, yeah, too much recoil, and if basalt is roaming you're in trouble.

HOWEVER, after this, Impressed with XF's movement, and figuring it may work better than metal flat, I combined your combo with my favourite combo to get MF-H Gravity Perseus (ATK) CH120XF (Left Spin, Counter mode) . At 120 Height it successfully (albeit slightly narrowly) outspun MFH Basalt Aquario BD145CS in the ONE battle I've done. That said, though, there are other similar combos that would probably have beaten Perseus, but yeah, still impressive. And yeah, I launched perseus weaker than normal.
Just a thought, as it's just ONE battle, but then, it's doing better than what I've managed with LLD, so yeah.

Testing with the Gravity combo here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Try-and-...#pid598489

Edit: the gravity combo seems to be slightly too short to hurt mfh hell kerbecs 230cs, on xf. Works on metal flat, but that fails against mfh basalt aquario bd145cs, it surprisingly gets outspun where xf doesn't. I'm going away from gravity now, mf mld ch120xf seems to work against everything, could be luck so far though.

So yeah, I've gravitated away from gravity and back to the land of dragons. Meteo's rubber seems to help against 230, against hell, I banked and shot weak, I think. I had to shoot more aggressively to take out mfh basalt 230cs, as it smashes you towards the floor if you try to outlast it. The rubber helps grip 230 and push it out (note, my meteo is a little worn in). It os's nfh basalt bd145cs if shot weak. I want to try it against hell.bd145 wd/cs and probably an ltsc too, but yeah...

Dan, if it works, should I create a separate thread, or post here?
Can XF be replaced by LF?
Not at all, nothing can replace XF. We've been over this.
Bump:
I tested WF against MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS and it managed to get a decent win rate, especially compared to other beys I've tested BDBasalt against. I hope to find my XF soon, I swear I put it on a specific bey awhile back and hid it somewhere.. :V
Mind testing it against MF Basalt Bull 85/90 RF when you find your XF?
With comparison of MF Lightning L drago ch120 Rf/R2F/lrf or course?

Just curious how this stands up to anti meta combos.
Alright..?
That reminds me, we need a whole lot more tests for the LRF thread.
(Apr. 16, 2011  2:08 AM)Dan Wrote: Alright..?
That reminds me, we need a whole lot more tests for the LRF thread.

I can do this. I'll also test against anti-meta combos if you want.
Dan, i can help you with alot of tests. Has i have all the parts, however, i will do after updating My 'Best Height For Meteo L-Drago'. You should help too Smile
Agree to both.
(Apr. 16, 2011  2:07 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Mind testing it against MF Basalt Bull 85/90 RF when you find your XF?
With comparison of MF Lightning L drago ch120 Rf/R2F/lrf or course?

Just curious how this stands up to anti meta combos.

It doesn't do well at all...

MF Lightning L-Drago CH120XF VS MF Basalt Horogium 85RF
Standard Procedures
Basalt Horogium Launched First
Lightning L-Drago Win Rate - 10% (1OS)

But, on the bright side...

MF Lightning L-Drago CH120R²F VS MF Basalt Horogium 85RF
Standard Procedures
Basalt Horogium Launched First
Lightning L-Drago Win Rate - 0%
I'll do some of that testing; found my XF.
Oh, I just realized that I used MF instead of MF-F. Would you like me to redo those tests?
Just asking, has anyone done control tests, with a Metal face, instead of a metal face feather?
(Apr. 16, 2011  11:05 PM)ErazmusG Wrote: Just asking, has anyone done control tests, with a Metal face, instead of a metal face feather?

What do you mean by control tests? I have done tests with a Metal Face, and so has th!nk, I think.
Control tests are just tests done to compare, or double check, I cant seem to find your tests though.
Haha, I tested against MF-H Basalt Cancer 85R²F and got 20%. That is that.
(Apr. 16, 2011  11:16 PM)ErazmusG Wrote: Control tests are just tests done to compare, or double check, I cant seem to find your tests though.

Just scroll up a bit from this page.
(Apr. 16, 2011  11:27 PM)Dan Wrote: Haha, I tested against MF-H Basalt Cancer 85R²F and got 20%. That is that.

Why the R2F?
And how did you guys launch it?
(Apr. 16, 2011  11:37 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2011  11:27 PM)Dan Wrote: Haha, I tested against MF-H Basalt Cancer 85R²F and got 20%. That is that.

Why the R2F?
And how did you guys launch it?

I think I either banked it or just shot it regularly. I can't remember. (fail)
Why not give the opponent a better chance?
Banking for both.
(Apr. 17, 2011  12:26 AM)Dan Wrote: Why not give the opponent a better chance?
Banking for both.

You mean you think anti meta combos use R2F over RF?

No way Hose-A

And a slightly weaker launch with basalt, in the centre, and a straight shot make a huge difference.
At first when I learned about them, I thought that the idea of launching them weaker was stupid, and in the center was dumb, because I thought banking would help dodge.
Twas wrong sir.
(Apr. 17, 2011  2:44 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
(Apr. 17, 2011  12:26 AM)Dan Wrote: Why not give the opponent a better chance?
Banking for both.

You mean you think anti meta combos use R2F over RF?

No way Hose-A

And a slightly weaker launch with basalt, in the centre, and a straight shot make a huge difference.
At first when I learned about them, I thought that the idea of launching them weaker was stupid, and in the center was dumb, because I thought banking would help dodge.
Twas wrong sir.

OK, I'll redo them later.
It takes practice though.

The first time I did it, my launches were fast and always at the tornado ridge