MF-F Lightning LDrago CH120XF.

I knew it was too good to be true to defeat Vulcan Horseus 85RF, but oh well. XF does seem to provide lots of attack, but o course at low friction smashes. Dan, do you think XF provides great smash attack? Does the Sliding Shoot work well with it? You know... does it like to lose friction and just go round and round?
I believe not too much friction is there in the first place. XF is not producing the smash, Lightning is. XF is just r reinforcing it, I guess? Sliding shoot does work but I think banking is more effecting since it does its own natural gattyaki, and like the title says; 'homes-in' on the opposing bey almost.
(Mar. 05, 2011  5:05 AM)Dan Wrote: Forget it then, your results are enough.
I need some Basalt and Libra tests, anybody? I think I did my part in putting the combo out here, just need more people.
Hmmmm I could help you get results. What Basalt Combo?
MF-H Basalt Bull GB145/230/BD145 CS/RS/RSF. Metal Face 1 is also acceptable.
Wouldn't BD145 scrape the floor due to Basalt wobbliness ?
Maybe it could, heck, I don't have Basalt so lets see..
Though I asked him to do GB145 and 230 tests after I posted soo. Hope he has it by now..
(Mar. 09, 2011  2:51 AM)Dan Wrote: Maybe it could, heck, I don't have Basalt so lets see..
Though I asked him to do GB145 and 230 tests after I posted soo. Hope he has it by now..
The thing is, XF I don't know anyone who has it, or do I. So I'm getting a friend to test it. So Should I Replace XF with something else?
No, XF is the key component.. :V
Ok um I ordered Hell Kerbecs BD145 thursday so it should come atleast Wednesday or Friday.
I'll do test then.
GB145 and 230 are fine or better even so.. :V
Don't have 230 bummer nor my XF.
If you do not have XF do not bother insinuating that you might post test results..

Edit: Added BBS' Basalt tests + McFrown's video of MF-F Lightning LDrago CH120XF vs. MF-H Earth Bull GB145RF.
Bump, I'd like some other people to test this with me. XF isn't such a hard piece to find..
I'll be able to test this when my BB-107 arrives... So until then! XF is also a favorite of mine, so like you Dan, I'm pro-XF-->Tier 1 Attack. But I can see definite potential from this combo by those vids that have been posted.
That tier list is nothing, petty and badly organized. I care nothing about it, I'd like this to be a top-tier piece but only if others get decent results like I do..
Edit; you mean when BB-107 is actually released.
(Mar. 22, 2011  10:37 PM)Dan Wrote: That tier list is nothing, petty and badly organized. I care nothing about it, I'd like this to be a top-tier piece but only if others get decent results like I do..
Edit; you mean when BB-107 is actually released.

Well I pre-ordered it (happy), so technically when it arrives. And I wasn't referring to that tier list, it's carp right now. I meant in general, generally acknowledged as top-tier like Lightning L-Drago.
(Mar. 03, 2011  5:20 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: vs. Attack it's definitely best to launch it hard into the ridge.
I've recorded some better results vs. Stamina, I'll post later, maybe a video tomorrow? You just have to launch weaker :V And vs. Defense it generally KO's, lot's of double KO's.

Bluezee: I agree with you so hard on the being blunt thing.

Haha, I'd love more tests man.
Another video would be good too. Seriously why don't more people have XF? How on earth do you get 85 and not XF? (Excluding YJA.)
(Mar. 25, 2011  5:55 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2011  5:20 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: vs. Attack it's definitely best to launch it hard into the ridge.
I've recorded some better results vs. Stamina, I'll post later, maybe a video tomorrow? You just have to launch weaker :V And vs. Defense it generally KO's, lot's of double KO's.

Bluezee: I agree with you so hard on the being blunt thing.

Haha, I'd love more tests man.
Another video would be good too. Seriously why don't more people have XF? How on earth do you get 85 and not XF? (Excluding YJA.)

BB-96 is quite popular.
Ah true. Apparently BB-107 is too with all its posts about buying.. So there is hope.
EDIT: Sorry, testing vs MF-H Basalt___ 230CS needs to be done by one of you guys who is more used to XF. I'm sure it'll manage decent win rates, but it'll require specific shooting.

In the mean time, gonna try mf-h basalt aquario bd145 cs against this.

EDIT 2: Woah, This basalt combo is a WALL. Uncertain H-uh.
I can see what you mean by homing, but it seems this combo is an immovable object.
Anyway,

MF LLD CH145XF Vs MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS (2 Points of Disc on Dip side of Basalt, CS no longer sharp, still good though)

LLD banking, launched second at around 80%. Basalt launched normal.

1. Basalt OS
2. Basalt OS
3. Basalt OS
4. Basalt KO
5. Basalt OS
6. Basalt KO / Late Suicide by LLD
7. Basalt KO
8. Basalt KO / Late Suicide by LLD
9. Basalt OS
10. Basalt OS

LLD: 0
Basalt: 10

Maybe it's because I'm doing something wrong with XF, maybe because basalt is a brick wall, but yeah Uncertain
Yeah, I can do those tests, haha.
Post your results.
MeteorKing, was there negative recoil that lightning suffered from due to less friction than RF?
I see 40% basalt KO's, and I'm wondering if Lightning had too much negative recoil because of basalt's weight. (whether it KO'ed itself or not)
I am so amazed. But when I provided my own results I wasn't. Now that I have Basalt, MF-H Basalt Bull GB145-- couldn't be taken down by anything.... at all! I tried all day, not one combo. Well actually MF L L-Drago CH120RF not easily took it down but other than that I see no way to defeat that combo. But you want to know what I would be amazed at?

If the Homing Dragon could defeat the best Defense Combo: MF-H Basalt Kerbecs GB145RS.
Kerbecs and Hasbro Bull weigh much, so I would be amazed to see LLD to get even a 2 on it.

But I have a combo that Could defeat it....

MF-H Lightning L-Drago R145RF

That Recoil Gotta' Hurt...

Or...

MF-H Hell Bull (Hasbro)/Kerbecs R145/SW145R2F

I'll get some testings with Basalt...

What tip should I use Dan?

Other than RS, CS, or RSF?

I don't have the Rubber Defense Tips.

I can use D, SD, WD, or what do you want?
Yeah, I'll post tests on Basalt BD145CS and 230CS afterwards.