METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here!

(Aug. 25, 2008  4:14 PM)firekid115 Wrote: wait, when takara says mfb's are being realeased overseas in 2010, does that include canada ???

if it does, i am sooo pisssed
Actually, I do not remember reading that TAKARA-TOMY officially declared they were going to start releasing Metal Fight Beyblade in 2010. As far as I know, it might have been just like what is written on the wiki page : TAKARA-TOMY has no plans for worldwide development before 2010.

Therefore, if the toyline does turn out to be successful, after the anime ends, they might consider releasing Beyblade worldwide.

And yes, that would include Canada, I suppose.
Hey guys does anybody know what person from the shows owns which beyblade or are these beyblades for some new characters.
(Aug. 25, 2008  6:06 PM)roggi19 Wrote: Hey guys does anybody know what person from the shows owns which beyblade or are these beyblades for some new characters.
This should be in the anime/manga thread.

Nothing was officially released about the new anime besides the fact that there will be new characters.
I'm so damn excited. It's pretty sure mine will arrive tomorrow or the day after. I think I'm gonna make some videos with "random combos" so one can guess which will win. Not so related with the game's strategy, but funny.
Kei gave me results for some videos he is making, and the results are not promising Confused :

11:59:41 AM Kei: Video 1 – Pegasis vs. Dragoon MS UV in Attack Stadium

Pegasis launched first for all battles

• Dragoon MS UV wins by stadium out

• Pegasis wins by stadium out

• Pegasis wins by outspin

DGMSUV: 2 wins – Pegasis: 3 wins

11:59:53 AM Kei: Video 2 – Pegasis vs. Dragoon MS UV in Tornado Balance Type S

Pegasis launched first for all battles, except the last

• Tie

• Tie

• Extra: Pegasis wins by stadium out

2 ties – DGMSUV: 3 wins – Pegasis: 1 win

12:00:01 PM Kei: Video 3 – Pegasis vs. Dragoon MS UV in Tornado Balance Type S Round 2

Dragoon MS UV launched first for all battles, except the last

DGMSUV: 2 wins – Pegasis: 1 win

12:00:08 PM Kei: Video 4, 5, 6 – MFB vs. Wolborg MS in Tornado Balance

Wolborg MS launched first for all battles

• Leone vs. Wolborg MS: WBMS wins by outspin

• Bull vs. Wolborg MS: WBMS wins by outspin

• Sagittario vs. Wolborg MS: WBMS wins by outspin

WBMS: 3 wins

12:00:14 PM Kei: Video 7, 8, 9, 10/11 – Pegasis vs. Wolborg MS in Tornado Balance

Wolborg MS launched first for all battles

• Pegasis wins by outspin

• Tie

• Wolborg MS wins by stadium out

• Wolborg MS wins by outspin

• Wolborg MS wins by outspin

1 tie – WBMS: 3 wins – Pegasis 1 win

12:00:26 PM Bey Brad: so would you say HMS and MFB are about even?
12:00:31 PM Kei: Yes
12:00:36 PM Bey Brad: also
12:00:37 PM Bey Brad: the RPM
12:00:41 PM Bey Brad: were you able to ascertain anything
12:02:00 PM Kei: This isn't technical in any way, but from what it looks/feels like when you launch, I honestly think HMS has a higher RPM. It could be because of the winder MFB has, it is not as sturdy as the G-Winder. None of this is for sure though
Yeah.. They are pretty much even, except that Wolborg MS still dominates in TB. It has a little bit of trouble with Pegasis however; Pegasis is able to knock WBMS off balance and knock it out of the stadium sometimes. And even OUTSPIN it every now and then. From the results I recorded on video though, it was basically a Wolborg MS sweep.

Before I get into the MFB vs. MFB videos, I am going to test WBMS in the Attack Stadium, and after that, DEMS in TBTS and the Attack Stadium.
An uncostumized Dragoon MSUV won that many battles against Pegasis? That's really disappointing.

The WBMS results aren't surprising.
(Aug. 25, 2008  8:20 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: An uncostumized Dragoon MSUV won that many battles against Pegasis? That's really disappointing.

My thoughts exactly. Metal Spiker is a pretty useless AR; the fact that it was able to beat Pegasis so consistently makes me think that this is more an issue of RPM than it is of design.
Not sure if it has been posted (can't find it in the MFB article), but how much do the MFB blades/parts released so far weight?
About the RPM...yeah, gonna miss having weight disks..
http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/index.htm

This page has the weights of the parts for:

Pegasis
Leo
Bull
Cherion
(Aug. 25, 2008  10:00 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/index.htm

This page has the weights of the parts for:

Pegasis
Leo
Bull
Cherion

Nice, hadn't noticed hind had the weights for MFB beys yet.

Yup, really gonna miss WDs...
The WD's have nothing to do with the RPM issue. It's the Shooter.
(Aug. 25, 2008  10:47 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The WD's have nothing to do with the RPM issue. It's the Shooter.

And by this, you mean the overall RPM is lower, right? It's not just that the MFB lose RPM faster?

^Don't see why that'd be the case, but still. :\
(Aug. 25, 2008  10:57 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2008  10:47 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The WD's have nothing to do with the RPM issue. It's the Shooter.

And by this, you mean the overall RPM is lower, right? It's not just that the MFB lose RPM faster?

^Don't see why that'd be the case, but still. :\

Thats correct. Provided Kei rips with equal 'speed' (ie his arm , the winder), then any variation would result of launcher.
The problem lies within the shooter AND the winder. I don't know the technicality of it all, maybe opening up one of the shooters could clear something up, but it seems to me as if the MFB shooters are lighter than both the Dual Shooter and EZShooter.

Also, this was stated in part of my conversation with Brad, but the winder is nowhere near as sturdy as the G-Winder and even the original plastic winders.
(Aug. 26, 2008  2:16 AM)Kei Wrote: The problem lies within the shooter AND the winder. I don't know the technicality of it all, maybe opening up one of the shooters could clear something up, but it seems to me as if the MFB shooters are lighter than both the Dual Shooter and EZShooter.

Also, this was stated in part of my conversation with Brad, but the winder is nowhere near as sturdy as the G-Winder and even the original plastic winders.

whaaaaaat

If it's not better than the original (which isn't hard to beat), they must be really bad Gasp
damn those Chinese manufacturers
I doubt this, but maybe they intentionally made the launchers this bad just so they could have improved ones in the future.
in a tournament would you be able to match a hms and mfb or would they have to be separate tournaments
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:39 AM)rockblade2012 Wrote: in a tournament would you be able to match a hms and mfb or would they have to be separate tournaments

I think official tournaments aren't going to allow the use of any older beyblades, due to the time gap between the two series and lack of older parts for new players.

I don't think the IBA should allow it either, for the same reasons.
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:39 AM)rockblade2012 Wrote: in a tournament would you be able to match a hms and mfb or would they have to be separate tournaments

Seeing as how battles between HMS and Plastic generation beyblades were still legal (though discouraged, for obvious reasons lol) after the release of HMS, I can't see why battling HMS vs. MFB would be any different, given the fact that the HMS and MFB systems are much more similar structurally and size-wise than the HMS and Plastic systems were.
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:42 AM)Roan Wrote:

Seeing as how battles between HMS and Plastic generation beyblades were still legal (though discouraged, for obvious reasons lol) after the release of HMS, I can't see why battling HMS vs. MFB would be any different, given the fact that the HMS and MFB systems are much more similar structurally and size-wise than the HMS and Plastic systems were.

i guess it'll be ok until theres an mfb that comes out that can beet all hms, similar to WBMS, when it came out no one battled plastic against it. lol
i don't think it really matters that HMS blades can beat the MFBs right now, i mean blades like wolborg ms where the last and best blades produced, pegasis and the others are just the start of the MFB series, you can't really compare the two yet.
That doesn't explain the uncustomized Dragoon MS UV winning.
(Aug. 26, 2008  4:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That doesn't explain the uncustomized Dragoon MS UV winning.

Rubber Tip?
(Aug. 26, 2008  4:08 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2008  4:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That doesn't explain the uncustomized Dragoon MS UV winning.

Rubber Tip?

Shouldn't matter enough.