Lubricating Launchers

Hi WBO I was wondering if i can lubricate my launcher so it would go faster. I saw that in the rulebook that you can do that. Please reply ASAP!Wink
if you want to lubricate your launcher you can use wd-40 it works pretty well
where exactly do you lubricate the launcher?
you spray the wd-40 through the ripcord slot or you can take off the cover of the launcher and spray it directly also you might want to clean the outside of the launcher since it can get a little slippery and that can cause you to accidentily drop your launcher
A bit of a necropost, but I've found that silicone lubricant is the best for these sorts of applications. WD-40 is great as far as lubricating metal parts, but as Mc Frown has stated it's not good for the plastic. Keep the WD-40 to the heavy machinery.
I use silicone spray as well, and it works well.
Use Jig a loo

Crc heavy duty silicone

and 3 in 1 silicone

Dnt over use cause it can melt the inside of ur launcher trust me i have like 4 cans of lubricant in my bedroom for speed cubing reasons
Can I do this with string launchers?
(Oct. 10, 2010  7:52 AM)Heavyblader666 Wrote: Can I do this with string launchers?

Can I?
i don't think so it would just tarnish the string.
(Oct. 27, 2010  12:05 AM)Heavyblader666 Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2010  7:52 AM)Heavyblader666 Wrote: Can I do this with string launchers?

Can I?

I have a broken string launcher that has the missing clip (u know why -.- ) so i will try.
Or you can use Baby Oil and apply 3 drops to the opening/hole where the string/ripcord goes through (Can be used for both Light Launcher and String Launcher/Bey Launcher. And it also does not tarnish the stringSmile
(Oct. 27, 2010  9:32 AM)storm_blader Wrote: Or you can use Baby Oil and apply 3 drops to the opening/hole where the string/ripcord goes through (Can be used for both Light Launcher and String Launcher/Bey Launcher. And it also does not tarnish the stringSmile

Have you tried it? I want to ensure it works!
Yes I have. I don't recommend if I haven't tried! Smile
can i use petroleum jelly or hand lotion ???
I dont think so...It may cause damage to the launcher and may also clog it up.
(Oct. 27, 2010  9:32 AM)kyoya_tategami Wrote: Or you can use Baby Oil and apply 3 drops to the opening/hole where the string/ripcord goes through (Can be used for both Light Launcher and String Launcher/Bey Launcher. And it also does not tarnish the stringSmile

k thank u for the informationEee
(Oct. 28, 2010  10:51 AM)MsK Wrote: can i use petroleum jelly or hand lotion ???
lol. i'm sorry but i couldn't help but LOL at the Hand Lotion
... anyways, no i would not recommend those. As we all know, hand lotion clumps when dry... and it dries pretty quick...

I would advise from staying away from any organic or home made oils because they really DO make plastic wear away. If anything, silicon oil or spray should do the trick. =)
(Jul. 14, 2010  6:27 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Don't use WD-40, it's not so great for the plastic.

WD 40 eats plastic lol. Use something natural like canoila oil.
i would NOT recommend that nightwolf... canola oil CAN spoil... and i doubt you'd want that. highly recommend silicone spray. i tried it and it works sooooo well. =) and no smell neither.
i didnt even know you could lubricate ur launcher is there any that would keep the string from wearing
As long as it doesn't tarnish like the others said.