Los Angeles Tournament Report: LOs Angeles MFB Smash #1

This is my 1st tournament as a host!  And I wasn’t expecting such a big turn out for MFB limited in 2019....more in this in a bit....  80+ People showed up to compete and I wasn’t ready to handle that kind of turnout being a rookie host.  Thankfully I had a lot of help from ThaKingTai, JoJo [Jp0t], Alta, Achi-baba, UltimateMaster, Justj11, and 3 2 1 Go_Shoot.  Thank you all sincerely for helping with judging and running the event.  

Okay, so....how come more than 80+ showed up but only 68 participated?  It turns out the majority of the people who came to compete did not know what MFB Limited is.  Most had assumed it was Burst format.  The tournament thread made clear the format several times but these announcements simply got overlooked.  There were issues with fakes as well.   Maybe the demand for MFB limited torunament isn’t that big....   Fortunatly we did have extra parts to loan out to most people who showed up, but unfortunately not all who came could be accommodated.  I do believe most who couldn’t get an MFB limited legal bey to play in the tournament stayed and enjoyed free play.

Being our first thournament in the MFB limited format, MitchJett and I were very fourtunate to do well placing 4th and 1st.  A lot of our success should be credited to The Supreme One, Wombat, and Cake.  I “borrowed” heavily from their winning combos and they were also nice enough to answer my questions.  There are lots of good material to read on the WBO by these three and others on MFB topics.  

I think MF-L Virgo TH170EDS (one of wombat’s spicy combos) and MF-L Flame Cancer 230 CS were the overall MVPs for Mitchjett and I in stage 1.  MSF-H Bandid Wyvang H145RSF and MF-L Gravity Perseus F230GCF each saved me in a match in the final stage.  I certainly believe Mitchjett and I were both very lucky to have good finishes.  There were certainly better players around.  But often, it is better lucky than good.  

There is one feedback I received during the tournament that I want to address in particular.  One guardian of a participant insisted that WBO tournament should be run separating different age groups. She felt that these tournaments are simply “unfair” combing people of all ages.  I can see why some parents may feel this way.  But if you look at the top 8 of this tournament, only 1 of the top 8 is an adult. I believe the youngest of the top 8 is 7 years old.  Many of the top 8 player had to beat older and stronger players to get to the top 8.  In my opinion, winning at beyblade requires study, strengh, strategy, and a bit of luck.  Strength is part of it, but I think the top 8 at this tournaments shows strength is certainly not the only deciding factor.  I believe study and strategy are both more important than strength.  

Thank you everyone for coming out to participate and extra thanks for all those who helped me out.
Wow, there were a lot more people that thought it was burst than I though. How many people actually had usable MFB limited beys there?
(Feb. 09, 2019  1:17 AM)bladekid Wrote: Wow, there were a lot more people that thought it was burst than I though. How many people actually had usable MFB limited beys there?
Probably around 20 some I think.
(Feb. 09, 2019  1:27 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  1:17 AM)bladekid Wrote: Wow, there were a lot more people that thought it was burst than I though. How many people actually had usable MFB limited beys there?
Probably around 20 some I think.

Oof, that must have been a long day of loaning out parts, haha.