Los Angeles Tournament Report: LA HMS Brawl #2 (JoJo’s Bizarre Birthday After Party)

This will be kind of a short tournament report since it was a very short tournament. 

We ended up with only 6 participants.  This is understandable as we started pretty late after the main Burst standard tournament ended a bit later than I anticipated.  

I decided to play in BB-10 stadiums this time over the Tornado Balance stadium to see the difference between the 2 in this format.  Main take away: attack definitely got a buff.  

Since there were only 6 participants and late in the day we decide to run round robin only.  

After five rounds we have the following  winning combos:

1st: Shindog
- Circle upper.CWD defense ring.Grip Flat
-Samurai upper.CWD free defense ring.Bearing Core 2
-wolf crusher.CWD reverse defenser.Bearing Core

2nd: UltimateMaster 
-Advanced survivor.CWD reverse defenser.Bearing Core

3rd: Mitchjett
-Circle upper.Circle Wide.Bearing Core

My main observation was the flower pattern you can shoot with these HMS beys are just amazing with the Grip Flat.  I am by no means a pro at attack but these beys on a BB-10 just flower so well by themselves it seems.  

HMS is really a ton of fun.  I think all who played will agreed.  Obviously, the availability of HMS makes it hard to get into, but it just such a fun format.  I hope to do more HMS tournaments soon and I hope to grow the format a little more in the LA community.  

Thanks everyone for coming out and staying late.  See you all soon!
(Jun. 23, 2019  3:58 PM)Shindog Wrote: My main observation was the flower pattern you can shoot with these HMS beys are just amazing with the Grip Flat.  I am by no means a pro at attack but these beys on a BB-10 just flower so well by themselves it seems.  

Grip Flat Core is certainly awesome! Although I think one of the most unfortunate things when we compare things between series is that the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type stadium slope is shallow. Stadiums like BB-10 (which is literally called "Attack Stadium" lol) have a steeper slope, which is better for Attack types. If you've ever tried Burst in the BB-10 you'll see how OP attack is (there's other factors too, but the slope helps). The BeyStadium Standard Type is fine, but I still wish TT would release a legit "Attack Stadium" for Burst. People place so much emphasis on X part being too powerful when really, the stadium we play in holds much power when it comes to determining what is going to be successful.
(Jun. 23, 2019  7:47 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  3:58 PM)Shindog Wrote: My main observation was the flower pattern you can shoot with these HMS beys are just amazing with the Grip Flat.  I am by no means a pro at attack but these beys on a BB-10 just flower so well by themselves it seems.  

Grip Flat Core is certainly awesome! Although I think one of the most unfortunate things when we compare things between series is that the Burst BeyStadium Standard Type stadium slope is shallow. Stadiums like BB-10 (which is literally called "Attack Stadium" lol) have a steeper slope, which is better for Attack types. If you've ever tried Burst in the BB-10 you'll see how OP attack is (there's other factors too, but the slope helps). The BeyStadium Standard Type is fine, but I still wish TT would release a legit "Attack Stadium" for Burst. People place so much emphasis on X part being too powerful when really, the stadium we play in holds much power when it comes to determining what is going to be successful.

Haha don’t know why I never once thought to try Burst in the BB-10 variants.  I guess I generally focus on what is legal for tournament play, but an excellent point.
Awesome Report! Thanks so much for letting me borrow the Beyblade!
(Jun. 23, 2019  7:56 PM)Shindog Wrote: Haha don’t know why I never once thought to try Burst in the BB-10 variants.  I guess I generally focus on what is legal for tournament play, but an excellent point.

Yeah, we tried it once after a tournament because we wanted to see if it would be fun to do a tournament in Burst with it (this was back when Attack was really terrible in Burst) ... but we concluded that it made Attack a bit too powerful even back then.