Looking back to the BEY-past!

I was surfing the popular Beyblade website BEYBLADE RENAISSANCE when I found this. It's a letter I sent to a good friend of mine in Japan, KOMAYA SENBEI, the webmaster of BBR. We were about to trade, he was sending me a large amount of HMS and he was sending me a large amount of plastics. He posted the letter on his site two years after I sent it. Here it is. For some reason, Senbei changed my name to Mr. B ... haha. I realize it's written oddly; I wrote it so it was easier for non-English speakers to understand. Here's the whole letter:

Quote:I don't know or not, if I told you this story. But I would I like to tell you it.

You know, BEY tournament in North America is really rare. Myself and some friends went to BEY tournament run by YTV to teach BEY to younger kids. As I was cheering one of my friend's on, a case with all my HMS blades in it was stolen. Horrible, isn't it?
I am missing a lot of BEY that were stolen from me. Yes, all my HMS blades with case were stolen.

That's why I am so happy about this trade; I can use it to rebuild my HMS collection.

I am still missing. I think that is it, I don't bring all my parts to tournament grounds anymore. Only parts I want to use.
You know that incident almost made me quit BEY.
But then a small child said to his brother, "When I grow up, I want to be a great Blader just like Mr. B!"
The BEYBATTLE moved my heart. I couldn't give up...!

(Yes, you can tell this story your friends ^^; )

I can't believe I cried at that incident. I was humiliated. Judges of that tournament felt bad for me, but thanked me for coming again and teaching children BEY.
I was able to coach a 7 year old girl to be really strong! Also, my BEY-FRIENDS and I gave her our tournament prizes!

We said to each other, "This is why we should continue BEY! For these kids! For their smile.”
I want to play BEY with my children! So I hope this hobby can survive for at least 10 more years!
My role in life is both as a Blader and as a BEY-teacher. It's hard, but it's also really fun, don't you think?

For anyone who's curious, these are the Beyblades that were stolen:

[Image: CNE002.jpg]

And here is the girl we coached to victory!

[Image: CNE011.jpg]

Oh ... and it's me from back then Eee

[Image: CNE010.jpg]

Reading this sparked something inside of me. It reminded me of why I love this game so much in the first place. I've been so distracted lately I haven't actually found much time to play, but I think I'm going to have to break out my plastics sometime soon.

When I wrote that letter, I had no idea Beyblade was about to go on hiatus. So it was pretty crushing for me. But my dream in that letter was realized; Beyblade's come back, and it looks like it's here to stay with us for another little while.
LOL you should do some name droppin yo.

edit: self promotion mybad
yooo I totally forgot about you getting that case stolen. well that jogged my memory.
ps. everyone, he was so pissed
(Oct. 31, 2008  9:02 AM)Blue Wrote: LOL you should do some name droppin yo.

I was going to mention you but I'm sick and sleepy and it slipped my mind Chief - Sigh ...

Blue was there, and Fleets, and Ichida, and Minion saw me but didn't say anything lol ... but yeah Blue and I, Beybuddies forever B)
lol my little black rose keychain

also i didn't post the kai plushie because my EX GIRLFRIEND made it and i dont like to think about her YOU JERK
I know you are but what am I >Tongue_out
What kind of person goes to a bey tournament just to STEAL? That's pretty harsh... O.o

Oh well, seems like you've had some good times and will have more in the future. Yaaaaay Joyful_3
I actually remember when you told us on OTC that your stuff was stolen. I think your doing good as a beyteacher to us all
(Oct. 31, 2008  3:24 PM)Pinoy Blader Wrote: I actually remember when you told us on OTC that your stuff was stolen. I think your doing good as a beyteacher to us all

Agreed
To all beybladers, especially the seniors like Brad, who kept the community alive, the knowledge alive, and the spirit alive, we salute you.
May the future of beyblade be promising.
I really enjoyed reading the letter, and this thread. Thanks for posting it! Smile

When were those pictures from? 2004? I remember going to a W.O.W. tourney The CNE that year towards the end of August.
(Oct. 31, 2008  3:24 PM)Pinoy Blader Wrote: I actually remember when you told us on OTC that your stuff was stolen. I think your doing good as a beyteacher to us all

i also remember when this happened. brad was soooo depressed! like he was about to like close otc! lol ;_; glad he has made a recovery and BEY is back! XD
It makes me think of how long I've known Brad. A long-carp time. I am glad you are still here <3
(Nov. 01, 2008  1:26 AM)Kei Wrote: I really enjoyed reading the letter, and this thread. Thanks for posting it! Smile

When were those pictures from? 2004? I remember going to a W.O.W. tourney The CNE that year towards the end of August.

Yeah, 2004.