Holmes Green Bandstand, Regent's Park

Meet at the Holmes Green Bandstand
13:00 on 04/15/2023
Hosted by
  Sowmi
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
3on3

Three Beyblades are prepared for each First Stage match, with all three being used.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hello London! Get excited becuase it's time for another event!

https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/Londons_Spring_Bash

This will be a ranked event played in the Burst Standard format so please be sure to familiarise yourself with this format via the rulebook, Burst Standard Rulebook.  
The first stage will be played with the 3on3 format. The final stage will be played in the Deck format. For clarification refer to Match Type Guide

This event will have a 24 player cap.

Time
The tournament itself will start at 1:00pm, so as a guide, aim to arrive before 12:45pm. The Tube and public transport services are not very reliable, so plan your journey well in advance.

Remember to turn up on time. If you arrive later than the scheduled start time, your place will be forfeit and you will not be able to participate. If you know you'll be late, please let us know via PM or a post in this thread!

Please note that we cannot predict how long an event will be, as this varies based on the number of competitors and the ongoings throughout the day. In order to stay for the whole event, please be prepared to stick around for at least 3-4 hours.

Regent's Park. We shall be at the Bandstand as always. Please check this thread on the day for updates. Here is a map of Regent's Park. Click on the tab labeled "Monuments, Fountains and Statues". Head to the area marked Bandstand. We suggest taking the London Underground or Bus to Baker Street.

Prizes
There will be a beyblade random booster (Vol TBC) prize and medal for first place and medals for 2nd and 3rd.

Hosts & Judges
This tournament is being hosted by Sowmi and co hosted by RazzorC92, and matches will be supported by volunteer judges throughout the event. If you have any queries about the event, feel free to PM us or post in the thread and we'll be happy to help!

Important Advice
Despite being around friends and rivals, please remember we are in a public park. Bad behaviour and swearing will not be tolerated and may result in a ban from future events.

Please keep your personal belongings with you or in a safe place while at the bandstand. If you see any personal items left around with no apparent owner, please hand it in to the host so we can return it to its rightful owner. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the event as we are? If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and join the Discord!

Twitter:  @worldbeyblade
WBO Facebook: WorldBeybladeOrganization
WBO Discord
Spread the word!
              #BEYBLADE #BEYBLADELONDON #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Apr. 01, 2023  1:10 PM)PenWell Wrote: Just checking will there be any beyblades for sale there? Looking to expand mine and my brothers collection!

There will not be any beyblades for sale at the event.
This is shaping up to be a good day, looking forward to seeing old faces and new. Let It Rip!!
(Apr. 02, 2023  1:01 AM)Sowmi Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2023  1:10 PM)PenWell Wrote: Just checking will there be any beyblades for sale there? Looking to expand mine and my brothers collection!

There will not be any beyblades for sale at the event.
Okay! Thank you, just wondering does it constantly have to be the same person battling or can two people interchange?
(Apr. 05, 2023  5:24 PM)PenWell Wrote: Okay! Thank you, just wondering does it constantly have to be the same person battling or can two people interchange?

Each person needs their own account to battle. So only 1 person per account.
(Mar. 27, 2023  5:53 PM)EssexBeyblader Wrote: A store selling Beys in the UK? Nice I guess, I mean I'm mostly an eBay guy since I'm kinda busy and don't travel much at the moment, I got a few lined up but we'll see 😜

I mean, I'm still building my Burst collection, probably still will be by the time X comes out, even simultaneously with X lol so I'm always on the lookout 😆

I reccomend Amazon JP if you have the chance, I ordered some stuff on saturday n got my beys on wednesday, felt pretty fast tbh
(Apr. 06, 2023  10:31 PM)Akiya95 Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2023  5:53 PM)EssexBeyblader Wrote: A store selling Beys in the UK? Nice I guess, I mean I'm mostly an eBay guy since I'm kinda busy and don't travel much at the moment, I got a few lined up but we'll see 😜

I mean, I'm still building my Burst collection, probably still will be by the time X comes out, even simultaneously with X lol so I'm always on the lookout 😆

I reccomend Amazon JP if you have the chance, I ordered some stuff on saturday n got my beys on wednesday, felt pretty fast tbh

Hehe, no spoilers for what i'm bringing, but I got a DB Bey on the way from eBay UK, should arrive in time Tongue_out

Otherwise, I'm gonna go with what I got, and try my best; I got 2 SuperKing, 3 DB [2 now, 3 when the new one arrives] and a whole lot of classic Beys, so I think I probably got what I need, I hope LOL

Looking forward to it anyway!
I will say a superking bey which is still used and i think i saw it on the recent Beybase article about top 5 combos (which might be helpful, i need to read it at some point) was World Spriggan as a stamina/equalising combo.
Gutted we won't be able to make this one, looks like it's going to be an amazing turn out! Hopefully we can make the next one Grin
Big Sad that i can't be there! Sounds like you've got a decent group of attendees this time around (Y)
I know a couple of the people attending are planning to come to the NWBB tournament in Manchester the following day too. Great commitment to travel for battles Smile
Guys, what if I'm not sure is my launcher allowed there or no, I saw the same launcher in takara tomy pack on amazon, now Ill send this pack

(Apr. 11, 2023  2:03 PM)Демікс Wrote: Хлопці, а що, якщо я не впевнений, чи дозволений там мій лаунчер, чи ні? Я бачив той самий лаунчер у пакеті takara tomy pack на Amazon, тепер надішлю цей пакет

(Apr. 11, 2023  2:03 PM)Демікс Wrote: Хлопці, а що, якщо я не впевнений, чи дозволений там мій лаунчер, чи ні? Я бачив той самий лаунчер у пакеті takara tomy pack на Amazon, тепер надішлю цей пакет

https://amzn.eu/d/bm1PkTW
(Apr. 11, 2023  2:03 PM)Demix Wrote: Guys, what if I'm not sure is my launcher allowed there or no, I saw the same launcher in takara tomy  pack on amazon, now Ill send this pack

https://amzn.eu/d/bm1PkTW

In the description of what you linked it says it does not come with a launcher. I would suggest trying Amazon Japan. The custom DB launcher is a good one to get.
I know this is probably not a good place to put this as I will be like 5 hours late to the tornamet so I wont come but next time we have a london tornament what are your thoughts on using the quest driver
Hi Everyone!

I am bringing my 6 year old son on Saturday he is so super excited! It will be his first time, we are very new to these tournaments in fact we didn't even know they existed. Can I clarify that he can use any Tamara Tomy or Hasbro Beyblade as long as he has my permission because of the age recommendation? Also can he switch up the layers, disks and drivers from different beyblades? I'm guessing someone will be there to guide on what can and can't be used?
Sorry I can imagine these questions sound very silly but we have to start somewhere hey! 😂
(Apr. 12, 2023  11:10 AM)Amccloskey Wrote: Hi Everyone!

I am bringing my 6 year old son on Saturday he is so super excited! It will be his first time, we are very new to these tournaments in fact we didn't even know they existed. Can I clarify that he can use any Tamara Tomy or Hasbro Beyblade as long as he has my permission because of the age recommendation? Also can he switch up the layers, disks and drivers from different beyblades? I'm guessing someone will be there to guide on what can and can't be used?
Sorry I can imagine these questions sound very silly but we have to start somewhere hey! 😂

You can use any combination of discs or drivers as long as they are fine in the rulebook. You can see the rulebook if you scroll up.
gonna win this my beyblade is brocken and I think that it is littery Cheating the combo is that good In my school I have a 34-5 win lose ratio so I'm going for 1st
Uh if your bey is seriously broken I dont think itll be allowed
(Apr. 12, 2023  7:32 PM)Gavi2009 Wrote: gonna win this my beyblade is brocken and I think that it is littery Cheating the combo is that good In my school I have a 34-5 win lose ratio so I'm going for 1st

what's the combo?
you will see it's a common combo in Japan and Korea but most bladers from The west don't know but just know that its the only good stamina combo see you in 3 days (: but I checked and it is allowed its just a very good stamina type that Is made to beet heavy attack types that are common in the current meta
I won’t be attending because I live in America, but I assume bearing drift is one of the parts?
hi, can you please recommend here I can buy Hasbro beyblades

hi, can you please recommend here I can buy Hasbro beyblades
(Apr. 12, 2023  11:10 AM)Amccloskey Wrote: Can I clarify that he can use any Tamara Tomy or Hasbro Beyblade as long as he has my permission because of the age recommendation? Also can he switch up the layers, disks and drivers from different beyblades? I'm guessing someone will be there to guide on what can and can't be used?

Yes as long as he had your permission can use Hasbro and Takara Tomy. And any combination can be used, but the main thing to keep in mind is that Takara Tomy and Habro layers can only be used with their respective drivers. You cannot use a TT layer with a hasbro driver and vice versa. The disk can be used with either brand.
The judge checks the beyblades used before the battle starts so they will be able to tell if the beyblade is ok. If you have any questions or issues on the day please don't hesitate to ask me on the day .

(Apr. 12, 2023  7:32 PM)Gavi2009 Wrote: gonna win this my beyblade is brocken and I think that it is littery Cheating the combo is that good In my school I have a 34-5 win lose ratio so I'm going for 1st

As long as the beyblade isn't literally broken or illegal I look forward to seeing it 😊

Also the rulebook is linked at the top of the oage so if you have any doubts you can always check there as well. It also explains the basic proceedings of matches as well.
This is gonna be my first tournament hopefully I don’t get knocked out in the first round Speechless
This will be explained in the day, but as we have a lot of new people I'll post here about the tournament format.

For the first stage we will be playing in the Swiss format, where everyone will play 5 battles and the top 8 players with the best Win/Loss ratio within the tournament will move onto the final stage.
The way swiss match pairing works after the first round is that each following round you will be facing someone with the same W/L score as you.
The match type used for this will be 3on3 and will be played to 3 points.

The final stage will be a single elimination brackets, so your standard quarter finals, semi finals and finals. The finals is played in the Deck Match type and will be played to 5 points.

If you're unsure on what the match types are, go over to the link at the top of the post and give it a read. Again we will he explaining everything on the day if people are still unsure. I look forward to seeing you all there! And safe travels to those travelling in!

It seems it will be a bit chilly and there is a chance of light rain, so come prepared for the weather as well!
Welp. Wasn't able to make it. I hope i can make the next tornament.