London riots.

(Aug. 09, 2011  5:08 PM)TheBlackMamba Wrote: This was all over my facebook. I hope everyone is okay.
And on news last night too. Man it must be bad
its on the news constantly over here in england literally you turn on the news and you can guess what it's going to be about
(Aug. 09, 2011  7:24 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Call the Riot Control. That's the best you can do. (If the UK even has a Riot Control.)

Why is there even a riot happening anyway?
i was going to ask the same thing there has to be something provoking them i just heard about this so these arent just for no reason
The riots news are all over the world Japan, USA, Italy.
if any 1 here has seen the show fullmetal alchemist it seems to be like the ishvalin war where an amestrian officer shoots and kills and ishvalin boy and this starts an intire revolution
Mark Duggans was shot and killed by a police officer (I'm not sure if it was intentional) in Tottenham, so the Tottenham community rioted...destroying and injuring innocent people for no reason.. Other places saw how while the riots we're going on, a lot of shops we're being broken into so they saw the opportunity for looting, so they all started their own riots. The riots around East London, etc have nothing to do with the shooting of Mark Duggans and as the guardian says, are just 'copycats'.

I live in Bethnal Green and had to walk through the riot on the way home (the alternate routes we're blocked off). I saw Tesco being smashed into and raided by hundreds of thugs with bandanas covering their faces holding bricks and chains, Halifax being broken into and a police car being destroyed. On top of that, they started a big fire in the middle of the street by burning the waste bins....

Quite scary for real. Luckily nothing is really going on in my road, though I don't live too far from Bethnal Green...
Hm... I made athread about this then it didnt turn up...
Gotta hate approvals...

Anyway, getting on topic! This was just terrible. I was talking to ToRmEnTeD during the whole thing and he
was reported to have held a golf club. Smart thinking.
Anyway, I was in London on all three days (I live far away...) And it turned out that some riots were quite near!
Some in Camden Town and Marylebone Street (both near Regents Park) Yikes!
We did not notice anything until ToRmEnTeD's dad called for him to come home! I had to go to Tottenham to get home on the last two days!!! I was scared, but it was ok at the station.

How is this gonna affect the reputation of the city hosting the 2012 Olympic Games!?
exactly! the chinese have already complained about the fear for their own lives, it's not going well for boris johnson and david cameron!
If I lived in a different country and I thought of London I would think of peaceful people and British ascents not riots like this.
Right now I'm on holidays in Kingston. We were going to go to a show in London but we couldn't due to the riots.
ok something that i have posted on another fourm with the same thread:
Quote:they already smashed up my street, and there was a furniture shop that turned into a fireball, everybody is scared(including me) , the thugs are just plain idiots, and where are there parents anyway!!! >Unhappy

i mean really, my cousin (sofiane98) came back from his holiday to find a wasteland, lucky nothing happened 2 his house

rest of da fourm that i posted on: http://forums.yoyogames.com/forums/3/topics/68318
I have been hearing about this, and have been keeping up with the articles and news reports, but none of them really are saying WHY this is happening. Can anyone shed some light on this?

My heart goes out to all of the people being effected by the riots.

Stay safe everyone.
guys lets also hope our good friend enzoxs is okay becuase he is also very close to it all
@LeonTempestXIII
the gangs found excuse to steal stuff, in other words a gap in security!!!
(Aug. 09, 2011  9:53 PM)taz465 Wrote: guys lets also hope our good friend enzoxs is okay becuase he is also very close to it all

And let's not forget Tormented! He's in the middle of it.
(Aug. 09, 2011  10:23 PM)Itachi8 Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  9:53 PM)taz465 Wrote: guys lets also hope our good friend enzoxs is okay becuase he is also very close to it all

And let's not forget Tormented! He's in the middle of it.

good luck!!!
I hope everyone is ok, there's a rumor the rioters have come to where I live (I live in Rochdale.), Does anyone know if it's true?
(Aug. 09, 2011  10:37 PM)IHateNoobs Wrote: I hope everyone is ok, there's a rumor the rioters have come to where I live (I live in Rochdale.), Does anyone know if it's true?

If it was were you are you will be able to her it clearly.
(Aug. 09, 2011  9:55 PM)faissaloo Wrote: @LeonTempestXIII
the gangs found excuse to steal stuff, in other words a gap in security!!!

the gangs? i think someone said this already but when I think of London I dont think of "gangs"

what was the excuse? and why so suddenly? things like these are usualy caused by a law passing or something. a perfect example would be the US passing prohibition back in the great depression.
spreading at very quick pase its halfway across the country i wish well to all thoese who have sufferend and i hope this will all get solved in a few days