[London, UK] Official Event Interest Thread

Hey guys, new to Beyblade as an adult after loving it as a kid.
My partner and I have our first burst Takara Tomy Bays and stadium on the way ready for us to get stuck in to.

I can see this is a great community to be a part of and thought branching out and saying hi is a good idea.

I'm guessing this is a purely London UK thread but just in case; any knowledge of Kent based tournaments or social events related to Beyblade?
(Jun. 20, 2021  10:14 PM)KaiGir Wrote: Hey guys, new to Beyblade as an adult after loving it as a kid.
My partner and I have our first burst Takara Tomy Bays and stadium on the way ready for us to get stuck in to.

I can see this is a great community to be a part of and thought branching out and saying hi is a good idea.

I'm guessing this is a purely London UK thread but just in case; any knowledge of Kent based tournaments or social events related to Beyblade?

Hey! Glad to see some new UK Bladers! Welcome!

Yes, we largely operate within London due to most of the active community being from there, and because it often serves as a middle-ground location for those who are a bit outside of it. I live just outside of Bristol myself and ultimately commute up to London to host and participate when we plan something Smile

This does mean that London is the only active community at the moment, so it's hard to comment on anything for Kent or anywhere outside of London at times. Always down for helping to start up communities outside of London but, without the minimum 8-participant interest, it's a bit difficult to sustainably get something going.

A bit of a commute (which I know all too well), but it may be worth attending a London event sometime and seeing where people are coming in from, and perhaps from then planning something closer to home for yourself after if anyone else is from down that way? Smile
(Jun. 19, 2021  5:02 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: Hi everyone. Just throwing myself back into the mix. A lot of newer members might not know me as I've not been very active for a while. Once restrictions are lifted I will be looking to get very involved once again.

good to know, i live in northern ireland and am looking forward to the possibilty of going to uk beyblade tournaments in future
(Jun. 21, 2021  2:31 AM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2021  10:14 PM)KaiGir Wrote: Hey guys, new to Beyblade as an adult after loving it as a kid.

Hey! Glad to see some new UK Bladers! Welcome!

Yes, we largely operate within London due to most of the active community being from there, and because it often serves as a middle-ground location for those who are a bit outside of it. I live just outside of Bristol myself and ultimately commute up to London to host and participate when we plan something Smile

This does mean that London is the only active community at the moment, so it's hard to comment on anything for Kent or anywhere outside of London at times. Always down for helping to start up communities outside of London but, without the minimum 8-participant interest, it's a bit difficult to sustainably get something going.

A bit of a commute (which I know all too well), but it may be worth attending a London event sometime and seeing where people are coming in from, and perhaps from then planning something closer to home for yourself after if anyone else is from down that way? Smile

This is great news thank you for the information!

London is an okay trip for us (especially if you yourself are traveling all the way from Bristol!!) 
What sort of venues are these events normally held at? I can imagine it has been quite a while since the last one.

There are at least 3 from my local area that would try to travel down - all of us complete noobs at this time but learning fast!
We estimate an additional 3 more may get in to it off the back of our revisit to it Smile
(Jun. 23, 2021  10:32 AM)KaiGir Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2021  2:31 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Hey! Glad to see some new UK Bladers! Welcome!

This is great news thank you for the information!

London is an okay trip for us (especially if you yourself are traveling all the way from Bristol!!) 
What sort of venues are these events normally held at? I can imagine it has been quite a while since the last one.

There are at least 3 from my local area that would try to travel down - all of us complete noobs at this time but learning fast!
We estimate an additional 3 more may get in to it off the back of our revisit to it Smile

Hey I’m from Kent too, and was wondering if you’d want to host a mini local tournament? I have some old beys as I’m not up to date with the burst versions
(Jun. 23, 2021  11:26 PM)Consxoox Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2021  10:32 AM)KaiGir Wrote: This is great news thank you for the information!

Hey I’m from Kent too, and was wondering if you’d want to host a mini local tournament? I have some old beys as I’m not up to date with the burst versions

This is great, where in Kent are you based? My wife and I are from the Medway towns Smile

Would definitely be up for organizing something - I think I would need to know a little more on what sort of venues are recommended etc - I'm happy to still head to London if one is to be organized some time soon. Whatever the social distancing allows I guess.

Wondering if there is a discord I can join for a chat perhaps?
Hi guys, my son really wants to attend a tournament or battle in August. Anything planned? Thx!
Would love to get something organised in London. Hyde Park potentially?
Happy to travel in to London, that would be two people including my partner and I.

Any news on an official tournament setup?
Yeah same here, I'd be willing to travel for a potential event. And I second the idea that there probably should be a UK beyblade discord or hub of some sort to help with organising events like this and helping local bladers connect. Although I'll admit I'm probably not well equipped enough to set something like that up myself, it'd probably be better for someone with more knowledge on the community as a whole to do it.
(Jul. 22, 2021  8:33 PM)raybun606 Wrote: Yeah same here, I'd be willing to travel for a potential event. And I second the idea that there probably should be a UK beyblade discord or hub of some sort to help with organising events like this and helping local bladers connect. Although I'll admit I'm probably not well equipped enough to set something like that up myself, it'd probably be better for someone with more knowledge on the community as a whole to do it.

There is the official WBO discord with a UK Text channel you can join Smile
There is some talk on the discord for a London Based event, but I believe Mana says they can only confirm things much nearer to the date.

(Jul. 10, 2021  8:08 PM)slurcia Wrote: Would love to get something organised in London. Hyde Park potentially?

I believe the usual location is the Regent's Park Bandstand
(Jul. 27, 2021  12:31 PM)Sowmi Wrote: There is some talk on the discord for a London Based event, but I believe Mana says they can only confirm things much nearer to the date.

(Jul. 10, 2021  8:08 PM)slurcia Wrote: Would love to get something organised in London. Hyde Park potentially?

I believe the usual location is the Regent's Park Bandstand

ready when you are
Just posting here because sow people may not be on the Discord. I think there may be a tournament post this weekend so watch out for it.
Hi

Is anyone happy to host a tournament in London soon ?

Would love to enter a tournament!

Kaleb
(Aug. 07, 2021  6:46 PM)Sowmi Wrote: Just posting here because sow people may not be on the Discord. I think there may be a tournament post this weekend so watch out for it.

how do i join the discord
Hey its been 4 years since I last went to a tournement but I'm looking to get back into it. I'd be interested in playing Plastics & Metal Fight as I'm not a big fan of burst.
Is there any tournaments on this year?
(May. 04, 2022  12:37 PM)Nova eye Wrote: Is there any tournaments on this year?

Nothing confirmed but i believe some may happen this summer, a lot of us are in the WBO discord in the UK channel and discuss things there so i would also suggest joining that.
(May. 23, 2022  4:34 PM)Sowmi Wrote:
(May. 04, 2022  12:37 PM)Nova eye Wrote: Is there any tournaments on this year?

Nothing confirmed but i believe some may happen this summer, a lot of us are in the WBO discord in the UK channel and discuss things there so i would also suggest joining that.

could you get me the link of thr discord server please? thanks

Also guys I might think of hosting a tornament but i dont really know how to and i dont have the right equipment like stadiums and e.t.c so..... ._.
(Jun. 04, 2022  10:30 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote:
(May. 23, 2022  4:34 PM)Sowmi Wrote: Nothing confirmed but i believe some may happen this summer, a lot of us are in the WBO discord in the UK channel and discuss things there so i would also suggest joining that.

could you get me the link of thr discord server please? thanks

Also guys I might think of hosting a tornament but i dont really know how to and i dont have the right equipment like stadiums and e.t.c so..... ._.

It's at the bottom of the homepage with the rest of their socials Smile
(Jun. 07, 2022  6:50 PM)Sowmi Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2022  10:30 PM)DragonBeyblade! Wrote: could you get me the link of thr discord server please? thanks

It's at the bottom of the homepage with the rest of their socials Smile

oh thanks
Hello Hello everyone!

I'm Sowmi and I am a new organiser based here in London. I hope by being here we can hold events in London a tad more. Of course I am new to this but I will try my best to host events to the standards they have been held here in the past.
At the moment there are plans staring to form for a tournament to be held this summer. Likely to be the Burst GT format, but nothing is solid yet.

Once more, I hope I can help this community grow that little bit more and host some fun events!
Following on from my last post, we have an event set for the 13th of August! It's a tournament using the new Burst GT format. Details can be found in the event page linked below.

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Time-to...at--105141