Lightning L. Drago Test

(Aug. 14, 2009  4:03 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: The stadium choice makes these results pretty inconclusive.
It does give us a rough idea of Lightnings capability, but as has been said before.
The stadium is too large, and doesn't really aid attack types at all.

I'm going to do the test again once I get my Attack Stadium and fresh RFs soon.

Quote:Unless your RF has been worn pretty dramatically. :]

Yea, it's pretty worn now. It's from my only Storm Pegasis I got in early July. However, considering the condition of my RF and the stadium, I still find these results to be adequate.
dude, try L Drago as an endurance type.

i think it may be beneficial to finding a use for the wheel.

L Dragon/L L Drago DF145B
Did that already. It was pretty terrible.
Would the stadium make the difference in these tests? Or change the track to 90
(Aug. 15, 2009  12:17 PM)StormDriger Wrote: Would the stadium make the difference in these tests?
I've been using the HMS Tornado Balance Stadium which is said to be a bit too large for attack type blades. The MFB Attack Stadium is the preferred Stadium to operate in.

And I did change the track to 90 in both tests...
sorry for sounding n00bish here but: whats this multi-hit and upper thing? is there some kind of customisation built in to the wheel?
anyone got any idea how an LLDrago90RF would do against SPegasus90RF?
Multi-hit and Upper mode are the two modes you get with the Clear Wheel. You rotate the Clear Wheel 180 degrees to position the protrusions of the Clear Wheel differently on the Metal Wheel. In Upper Mode, the protrusions extend over the Metal Wheel slightly providing Upper Attack (naturally) with the plastic Clear Wheel. Iin Multi-hit Mode, the Clear Wheel sits more on top which allows for more Smash attack.

Go here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Photo-Gallery?page=38
Scroll down until you see Beynval's post with the pictures.

Red stickers showing = Upper mode
Red stickers not showing = Multi-hit Mode.
So I've been playing a bit with Lightning L-Drago 105RF (worked better than 100) and my overall feeling is one of disappointment. It's OK, but ... it's not Quetz. I'm not even sure it's better than Storm, but it definitely belongs in the same tier as it, and not in Tier 1 with Quetz.

Another disappointing release.
Brad...
try testing it more... i was like you at the beginning... and try 100 RF why 105?
somehow it does feel weaker than the storm or quetz... maybe its the less intense metal clanking sound.
(Aug. 18, 2009  4:44 AM)Beynval Wrote: Brad...
try testing it more... i was like you at the beginning... and try 100 RF why 105?
somehow it does feel weaker than the storm or quetz... maybe its the less intense metal clanking sound.

I tested 100 and switched to 105 and saw more success with it due to the metal being closer the the opposing Wheel (was testing Vs MF Libra C145WB). It feels weaker than Storm and Quetz because it is; the Clear Wheel stops Lightning from being useful at all.
I think i have to go test it myself again...
So I guess my 70% and 65% win rate against Virgo wasn't just because of the stadium I was using...
(Aug. 18, 2009  5:09 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: So I guess my 70% and 65% win rate against Virgo wasn't just because of the stadium I was using...

Winning against Virgo with RF is pretty easy-peasy.
You're right. My RF got pretty worn from doing these tests (150-200 launches, plus it wasn't new to begin with), so I guess that should've been factored in.
Would that make a major difference
It slows it down, decreases the amount of time it remains at full speed, which decreases the amount of time to score a KO.
i read some people say that the plasic isnt very good hitting potential. so is L Drago any better than his hybrid counter part?

one other thing: could you try a DF145RF on this guy? if the science behind DF actually works (glueing the beyblade to the stadium better) then it should work in reverse for LL Drago. so the faster it spins the lighter it becomes meaning it can go even wilder around the stadium. i dunno if it would be any good because of the height, but it would be interesting.
The science behind DF doesn't work, and it would be to tall. And no, Lightning is still better than pre-HWS L-Drago.
(Aug. 18, 2009  10:04 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The science behind DF doesn't work, and it would be to tall. And no, Lightning is still better than pre-HWS L-Drago.

Because L-Drago looks pretty but sucks horribly.

I wish DF145 worked like it was supposed to, stupid gimmicks.

I don't get how plastic would be better for striking either, that observation is definitely messing with me >>

I need to pick up an LL Drago.
(Aug. 19, 2009  12:00 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Because L-Drago looks pretty but sucks horribly.

edit: my bad u were not talking about Lightning