Libra Re-instatement Discussion

I think it's official that Libra won't be reinstated because of the release of RS.
But there's still Earth.
RS shouldn't make a difference.
(Aug. 28, 2010  2:37 PM)WBO MASTER Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2010  2:33 PM)megablader2 Wrote: The hasbro blades are made with better materials so they are heavier than the takara versions

what i have to deny that takara is way better maker it actually has the original ones but hasbro do make good blades on libra

Hasbro's not going to Release Pre-HMS Libra
(Sep. 18, 2010  3:02 AM)Stratus G. Wrote: Hasbro's not going to Release HMS Libra
I would assume you are referring to MS (Metal System)/Pre-HWS?
HMS is Heavy Metal System. :\
Holy carp this is still going?
Sigh, I really cba but:

As of right now, I still think that Libra should be reinstated. RS has some issues with low attackers - Libra and Earth can't really do much about that as the balance issue is to do with RS. RS customs can't be smashed out of the stadium, so, while Libra may increase a defence custom's win rate, smash beys against an RS custom would still have no point than if it were against MF Earth... RS.
I'll try some quick tests with it a little later and see what I come up with.
Sorry for the necro. I've really been wanting to bring this discussion back up.

I say reinstate Libra. The attack metagame has grown so much more than when Libra was first banned, and even with a newer, heavier defensive wheel, the attack metagame has so much more variety (Everything can almost seem to benefit an attack type nowadays).

Obviously, we would need testing to confirm that attack combos can actually beat Libra now.

EDIT: I also propose to move this thread to the Advanced Forum before anyone gets confused.
Yes, I also agree with OkiBlaze.
Attack types such as Vulcan are completely dominating the meta game, without heavier Defence wheels such as Libra, Attack types will just continue to dominate and we'll see less of Defence types being used.
agreeing with the 2 of you. attack types have evolved so much since then. RF2 for example, is just one of the many MANY new attack parts. yes testing must be done (agian) but i believe it is necisary. without a bey like this, there is even less variety in the MFB defense/stamina/balance types and honestly, a type other than attack should win for once in a TT stadium.

while i myself am not an advanced forum member, and it wouldnt really matter if i was or was not, I agree it should be moved there. i do not wish to see this thread ruined by noobish posts
More testing does need to be done, but I think now it will be a matter of dealing with Basalt, and Libra will become just standard ...
Defense types are supposed to beat attack types. I think the only reason Libra should remain banned is if there isn't any survival type that can win against it.
(Dec. 16, 2010  4:43 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I think the only reason Libra should remain unbanned is if there isn't any survival type that can win against it.

???

I think you mean remain banned, right?
(Dec. 16, 2010  6:58 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2010  4:43 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I think the only reason Libra should remain unbanned is if there isn't any survival type that can win against it.

???

I think you mean remain banned, right?

Yep. Just edited it.
Just making sure; but the original reason it was banned was because people overused it, correct?

Honestly, especially now with many new released parts, and the availability of Libra to the public, this wouldn't be the case any longer.
The game has certainly evolved greatly since discussion of the ban began over a year ago, and if you read the original thread, it was stated a few times that if it was banned, it wasn't meant to be a permanent thing. It has served its purpose well up until this point, and I think the game is better now because of it.

That said, I think we have to be really careful now about the idea of unbanning Libra with the existence of RS and how powerful it has made Earth-based customs. Testing needs to be done. But now there is also Basalt coming up, so I'm not really sure.

It is interesting that TT removed the weight regulation now, just after the BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set with MF Pegasis 85RF included came out. As we all know, the set apparently features the combos used frequently to win tournaments in Japan. The fact that RF is included is shocking because the Japanese metagame was completely different a year ago, where RF saw no use whatsoever.

OkiBlaze Wrote:Just making sure; but the original reason it was banned was because people overused it, correct?

You should read through the Libra article on Beywiki. Also:
There is some good discussion that starts here and continues onto the following pages - http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...#pid218912
And of course, this - http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Changes-...s-Re-Libra
In regards to the testing that will be conducted what do you guys think will be an acceptable win rate for Attack Type Beyblades to achieve over Libra?

As most combos at the moment achieve 0 - 30% against MF - H Earth Bull GB145RS with Lightning and Vulcan being the exception to that rule with a win rate of 30 - 50%.
Even if the Libra Wheel beat attack types 100% of the time, that's what defense types are supposed to do.
(Dec. 16, 2010  10:33 PM)Kei Wrote: It is interesting that TT removed the weight regulation now, just after the BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set with MF Pegasis 85RF included came out. As we all know, the set apparently features the combos used frequently to win tournaments in Japan. The fact that RF is included is shocking because the Japanese metagame was completely different a year ago, where RF saw no use whatsoever.
It is weird even now : from what I saw, there are a lot of low Beyblades used in Japanese competitions, but most have D or something, barely RF. Especially in Japan, in the biggest events, you have to use three Beyblades and they need to be all different, so I think a lot of the kids noticed that using RF was a risk.

Perhaps that is why TAKARA-TOMY seems to release many good Attack parts ?
A few tests with only 10 battles per round as I don't wanna wear out my RS to much. In order to achieve the best possible results I opened up a fresh RS.

MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS VS MF Gravity Perseus (Counter Mode, Right Spin) 90RF
MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS: 7 wins (5 OS, 2 KO‘s)
MF Gravity Perseus (Counter Mode, Right Spin) 90RF: 3 wins (3 KO‘s)
Libra win percentage: 70%

MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS VS MF Meteo L Drago 90RF
MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS: 3 wins (3 KO’s)
MF Meteo L Drago 90RF: 7 wins (5 OS, 2 KO’s)
Libra win percentage: 30%

MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS VS MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100RF
MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS: 6 wins (1 OS, 5 KO’s)
MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100RF: 4 wins (4 KO’s)
Libra win percentage: 60%

MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS VS MF Vulcan Horuseus 85RF
MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS: 4 wins (2 OS, 2 KO’s)
MF Vulcan Horuseus 85RF: 6 wins (6 KO’s)
Libra win percentage: 40%

MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS VS MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F
MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS: 4 wins (4 KO’s)
MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F: 6 wins (6 KO’s)
Libra win percentage: 40%

MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS VS MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS
MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS: 2 wins (2 KO’s)
MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS: 8 wins (8 OS)
Libra win percentage: 20%

MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS VS MF Pegasus 145RF
MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS: 8 wins (6 OS, 2 KO’s)
MF Pegasus 145RF: 2 wins (2 KO’s)
Libra win percentage: 80%

MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS VS MF Pegasus 85RF
MF - H Libra (Second Mold) GB145RS: 6 wins (4 OS, 2 KO‘s)
MF Pegasus 85RF: 4 wins (4 KO’s)
Libra win percentage: 60%

Hehe... Using the new layout for results Joyful_3

These results indicate that if Libra were to be reinstated back into the MFB meta game it wont be the dominant force that it once was. More testing needs to be carried out by other members but I do believe that these results give a fair indication to how much the Attack Meta Game has grown over the past year.

Though how these results translate over to a tournament/competitive battle where a competitor has the added pressure of controlling an RF Beyblade perfectly while performing a perfect sliding shot and avoiding self KO's is a different story all together, but comparing these controlled results to Earth based Defence Combo results it seems as though Libra doesn't hold that much of an advantage if any at all.
I didn't have time to do comprehensive Defense testing, but here are some interesting results for the people who thought Libra was no longer a viable Stamina Wheel:

Attack Stadium
Launcher Grip + Right Launcher for both
Right Launchers/B Bottoms switched half way through
Alternating shots every five battles

Libra (Second Mold) 100B vs. Earth (First Mold) Bull 100B
Libra 100B: 11 wins
Earth Bull 100B: 6 wins
3 draws
Libra win percentage: 65%
Do people still use Earth for Stamina?
(Dec. 17, 2010  10:08 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Do people still use Earth for Stamina?

Yeah, a lot of people still do. Unlike some other Stamina Wheels, Earth has absolutely no recoil.