Libra Re-instatement Discussion

I suppose so, but would that not be true for the Earth wheel too? I would like to say something like 'albeit at a lesser extent' with regards to the Earth wheel in order to qualify the statement, but, after having just played around with MF Lightning LDrago H145RF (a meh combo), I'd really have to see the difference in win results between the best attack customs and Libra and Earth wheels to substantiate the idea that Libra is too overpowered. Right now, to me, a statement like that just seems axiomatic. I hate to be seen to be contentious, but can anyone point me to these results (I have asked if there were any in the relevant thread before and received no answer)?

Just out of curiosity, what was the difference in win rates between Libra and Earth and the attack combinations which determined Libra to be overpowered?
(Jul. 15, 2010  10:07 PM)♥ Wrote: What he means is that, it is far easier to succeed with RF at home than it is in a tournament-based situation; ergo, Libra becomes an even easier Wheel to use, with its success rate increasing further in tournaments.
Why are you just reposting what heart wrote? If you understood properly, you'd see that I moved onto a different point.
Personally, I have never owned a libra so my opinion here isn't too valid however from what I've seen, Libra used to dominate the metagame. So I think that the banning of the libra wheel allowed more customs and newer releases into the metagame. By bringing back libra, it may detract from newer releases and effecively freeze the metagame.

Having said that though, i've never owned one and always played in a libra-free environment, so I cannot say for sure how overpowered it is, just estimate from what I've read on the forums.
If we were to re-introduce Libra into organized play, we'd still have the same issues. Everyone would be using Libra-based combos, since you'd have a higher chance of winning with them, you wouldn't see a great variety of combos like we have now, and attack combos would once again take a back seat. Libra would still dominate the meta-game.
Like momiji manju I don't own Libra, but I have read many things about it.

Like many have said, banning Libra made a lot of combos and new parts useful. Re-instating Libra would only kill the metagame once again.

No Libra = Variety
Once again, everyone seems to just be focusing on a reintroduction of Libra without a weight limit...
No one's talking about a weight limit. Overall, most agree that Libra possesses too great of versatility. It would once again, ironically, cause a great deal of imbalance in the game.
(Jul. 18, 2010  5:00 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Once again, everyone seems to just be focusing on a reintroduction of Libra without a weight limit...

because it's easier to leave it banned.
"No one's talking about a weight limit."

Are you serious? Did you even read any of my posts? My whole argument was to reintroduce it with a weight limit...

Quick summary:

There are better stamina wheels. There are some attack customs that do better against Libra than they do against Earth and vice versa. This would perhaps be more frequent with a limited reintroduction. Not many people actually use balance customs and the reintroduction would allow them to use it.

For those of you who don't seem to have read my posts, here is my wish:

Reintroduce Libra with a weight limit.
(Jul. 18, 2010  5:11 PM)Khel Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2010  5:00 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Once again, everyone seems to just be focusing on a reintroduction of Libra without a weight limit...

because it's easier to leave it banned.

Is that to say it'd be hard to have a weight limit, or that it'd be harder with a weight limit?

Also, I personally think that people keep focusing on just a Libra reinstatement because they haven't bothered to read any of my posts.
I mistyped with the whole weight limit. I meant to say that no one else supports Libra's reintroduction on a semi-limited format.
(Jul. 18, 2010  5:14 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: For those of you who don't seem to have read my posts, here is my wish:

Reintroduce Libra with a weight limit.

The problem with a weight limit is that finding out if something violates said limit is time-consuming and a large hassle. Having recently been at a tournament, I can safely say that anything that involves adding time that is NOT directly battling is a bad idea, especially since there are a lot of kids who go to these things that are quite impatient.
Also, Cpt. Squirrel, you're completely disregarding the issue I brought up regarding Libra CH120RF.
(Jul. 18, 2010  9:14 PM)Kei Wrote: Also, Cpt. Squirrel, you're completely disregarding the issue I brought up regarding Libra CH120RF.

This will please you; that's the only point in this whole thread that I've been unable to answer. Pinching_eyes_2 That and maybe the idea of tournament policing.

I promise to revisit your contention of this argument soon though (I don't even remember your point, but I do remember struggling to find an answer).
Libra CH120RF - MF Earth Bull R145WB:
8 - 12

Libra CH120RF - Earth Bull DF145SD:
5 - 15
Whats swrong with having libra in a tournament? Isn't it just another regular beyblade like all the others? Or is it that one of its parts are just really really good?
(Aug. 02, 2010  2:07 AM)Akel Wrote: Whats swrong with having libra in a tournament? Isn't it just another regular beyblade like all the others? Or is it that one of its parts are just really really good?
... You really need to read things. Even just the Beywiki article on Libra.
Don't own Libra.
But all I could say is.
Just wait till more parts are released, to see if any thing can counter Libra easliy*
If TT doesn't make the effort keep it banned.
(Then again if they do, that part will prob become op and become the new "Libra" and get ban. LOl this is like a double edge sword. No winners)
I don't mean to be a carp here, but, personally, if you don't own Libra, I don't think you really should be commenting for either side of the argument here.
I think there's still some merit for those who have played against those who use libra combos though.
There'd be a little more credibility to their posts, but you'd also have to factor in testing and personal experience using it, rather than the limited amount of play they usually have in a tournament against one.
That's true. Doesn't seem that this thread has changed much =/ (not criticism, just an observation)
Why are you so intent on over-complicating the tournament scene?

You may disagree with this but as a whole we have decided that Libra is far to good of a part to play against. Maybe if we get some new parts later we can actually talk about bringing it back but right now if we brought it back we would all have to just make combos to beat Libra again...

It's easier to just leave it banned and allow the metagame to be a lot more creative and not like "okay but how do I beat libra?"

Plus, you don't ban things from competitive play to bring them back with no real reason. If it was like "The current state of Beyblade parts allows us to actually play against Libra in a competitive setting and not loose all of the time and have a equal and fair win ratio." then I could see you talking about bringing it back. For now I really think it should just stay banned.

BTW, don't tell people who haven't played with Libra to butt out. It's a VERY easy situation to comprehend you just like to go about things in an overly complicated fashion.
Speaking as a person who just witnessed several dozen Stamina vs Stamina battles... please no Libra.