Lets talk about scams (and how bad they are)

Scams are very notorious on the internet, weither it is from normal items in a game, to your personal information, I will tell you about them and how to avoid them (for free).

Item scams
Currency scams (Paper money)
Virtural currecency scams
Credit Card related (the most serious)
Those were the kinds of scams I know about and how to avoid them. Feel free to discuss scams and how to avoid them/how bad they are.
It's always good practice to do your research on any unfamiliar site you about to do purchases on.
I'll add another: Microsoft will never call you saying there's a virus on your computer. Don't let them on your computer.
(Feb. 07, 2020  5:12 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I'll add another: Microsoft will never call you saying there's a virus on your computer. Don't let them on your computer.

Great note. Scams are at an all time high right now, with technology being used in every aspect in our lives. Best rule of thumb is to never give out any information to anyone who randomly calls you even if it’s your personal bank. Untrusted emails and websites also, always look for the “lock” symbol in the URL. It’s not always needed but it helps to know you’re secure
(Feb. 07, 2020  6:23 PM)StayCool Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2020  5:12 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I'll add another: Microsoft will never call you saying there's a virus on your computer. Don't let them on your computer.

Great note. Scams are at an all time high right now, with technology being used in every aspect in our lives. Best rule of thumb is to never give out any information to anyone who randomly calls you even if it’s your personal bank. Untrusted emails and websites also, always look for the “lock” symbol in the URL. It’s not always needed but it helps to know you’re secure

I forgot about website security. Thanks for pointing that out!
(Feb. 07, 2020  8:50 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Is lookout a good antivirus?

I recommend ESET Smart Security. Link: https://offers.eset.com/nod32-antivirus-...rkcategory