Leone's War

Poll: Do you want to hear more of this story?

Yes
94.12%
No
5.88%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
The following is rated PG-13 for vulgar language and violence.
Leone's War
So I sat there, tommorow I have to leave for the airport. I have to wake up, and possibly have my last meal with my family. Clang, clang, clang, clang. Ughh, is my brother playing that game again. Clang, clang, clang, clang, clang. Man, that sound is annoying. "Dimitri can you stop that for a little bit, I'm trying to pack." I exclaimed. My little brother came into the room, "Oh yeah you're leaving tommorow". He looked at my bags and looked down and said slower, " you're really leaving tommorow." "Yeah", I said "There's no way I can change my mind now, I gotta go, I've been drafted". There was just silence for a while. He handed me one of his toys. "I want you to have it bro, make sure you bring it back though." Regretfully I replied, "I'll try but I can't promise it.... what is it anyway?" "It's a Beyblade. A Rock Leone... but I colored his metal wheel so it looks like your army uniform in a way. Except I only had a black and green sharpie," He said. "Thanks bro, I'll make sure I bring it wherever I go." I said. Our mother came in and told us that we should get to bed, since we had a long day ahead of us. I heard my brother cry through the night, it was one of the hardest things to listen to. The goodbyes that morning were omnious and my family, and as well as myself tried not to cry. I left and was off to a new life, with my a new friend, I guess, Rock Leone.

It has been 6 months 2 weeks and 3 days since I left Home. My home, not this new one or my bunk in boot camp. My home, but I shouldn’t worry now, I have to worry about this. There was a new annoying sound. This one I hated a lot more. It was the sound of an automatic. No not 1 automatic, many automatics. Usually there was an explosion here or there, but the enemy was shooting blindly. Oh, how I hate this sound… I like the clashing of that metal more. I held my Dragnuz close and tried to pick off the enemy. Leone was in my jacket. It felt uncomfortable. Yet it helped me get through boot camp. How can this one toy hold me together. Is it because it reminds me of Home? “PRIVATE, LESS THINKING AND MOR…..” There was a white flash before my general finished talking.
---
(News Reporter) Today in Afghanistan the US Army was able to defend a city from rebels who wanted the armed forces to leave. Though the US forces did win, there has been a report that a squad of snipers is trapped in a building that collapsed due to multiple grenades. It is unconfirmed if they are any survivors and are thought to be dead.

“Hello” “Hellooooo” “Hey private wake up” said a mysterious voice. I received consciousness and saw a doctor over me. “There you are welcome back, don’t worry you are in the hospital now” said the doctor. “What happened to me?” I asked feeling dazed and confused, I had a lot of pain. “Well to start I am Leo. A grenade made the building you were in collapse. They really need to update code here. Anyway, you were crushed by the rocks. We found you in the rubble.” Leo said calmly. “Well at least I’m alive. Will I get discharged?” I asked slightly confused. “You can say that. Well why do you want to go? Aren’t you happy you are defending your people and land?” He asked. “America, you mean. You one of those doctors from Afghanistan?”I asked. “You can say that, well how about you just answer the questions.” He said. “Okay, Okay. I want to go home to my family, not this damned hell. I’m not happy, but I do it for my friends and loved ones.” I responded annoyed. “How Human” There was a flash.

“Hey, there’s one over here. Hurry he looks really hurt. Look I’m going to lift you up onto this stretcher and fly you to base.” Someone said. I looked dimly and saw an outline of a soldier. “Look I want you to close your eyes and go to sleep, not sleep forever, but sleep.” He said so calmly, yet demanding in a way. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

I awoke after surgery. They were surprised I didn’t die. There was only 2 other survivors. Well at least I get a break for 2 months. There is no doctor Leo, well maybe my willpower thought of it to give my body hope. Who knows? I was able to call my family. Now that was hard. They were happy I lived, they didn’t really care about the others who died much. I guess that is family for you, but those people were my family like how Leone is now.
---
(6 months later, “Unknown” Coordinates) I sit here now, watching for any enemies with blood on me. I am bleeding from the leg, yet I do not feel it. Night vision gives me an advantage but it seems if I shoot, they just shoot blindly. We haven’t loss a soldier yet in this operation. Sub Op- Light the Candle. “Movement on your right” I whisper into the microphone so the others can hear. Shots are fired, and the room lights up, I get behind a couple boxes and take the night vision off. I see one man go down. The dark red blood slowly went down his stomach. He was alive. I went to go get him until one of the enemy forces stabbed him in the throat and blood went everywhere. In my eyes, it burned but I didn’t care. Without a thought I unloaded a magazine into him and he went into the cave wall and fell over. 2 more soldiers were dead. I reloaded a magazine and looked over the box. They were about 10. With the adrenaline pumping through me I got up and fired quickly and got down. You dumbass, you gave away your position I thought, yelling at myself. “Let’s do a flashbang, gerndade combo. We are going to need cover fire for when we run. You and McMaffy go by where the cave starts and just shoot. We will through them. When we do, run. We will catch up to you.” Said one soldier, yet I couldn’t tell which one. McMaffy and I dashed for the enterance and started unloading. The flashbang and grenade were thrown and we saw the others running.

“Mission accomplished boys” said General Mills. “I am a girl aren’t I General?” said McMaffy. “I’m sorry McMaffy it’s what we generals are used to saying man or women on the team” General Mills replied in a kind of akward style.”Don’t worry General, I’m just busting ‘em on you. You are a guy right?” said McMaffy. Everyone laughed including me. The General found it extra funny though. I felt normal again.

So I sat there trying to get used to my new base. It was probably miles away from my old one. I am now under command of a new General. This one’s name is General Dowelld. A friend of Mill’s. We call him Dow Jones, or Dowie, Bulldowzer, but currently we call him Dowoween. This is because it is so close to Halloween. We don’t get candy here, but we’ll get lead bullets. It is just plain creepy during Halloween here. We give candy to the kids except they can only trick or treat when during the day, under surveillance. They trick or treat in “costumes” that they made. We usually hand out hygiene products, money, and of course candy.

“Alright curfew time” said Dowelld. The kids didn’t moan or groan, they seemed satisfied with what they got and were probably tired. It was sunset, such beautiful colors. The sky was tan like the sand almost matching, somewhat looking like a desert in the sky. Along with that orange, it reminded me of the tangerines I used to eat a lot. I haven’t had one in months. There was one more color, yet somewhat indescribable. Was it pink, or was it red, but there was some type of orange. It was just so indescribable. What colors do I use to describe this color? I heard gunshots and got out of the trance. The kids were inside. Dowelld motioned to follow him, so I did. The violence was coming from the northeastern area. There was fire and dead bodies. I felt the change in the air as something flew past me. The ground blew up and the shockwave pushed me on my face along with Dowelld. We got up and got behind protection. Others met up with use. I heard a scream from a child. Out of instinct I ran. Dowelld figured out what was going on and singled two others to go with me. I passed more forces who were going into the blind fighting. As I ran I felt Leone rub against my chest like how my brother would to wake me up. I couldn’t think about him now. We arrived at the building where the children were. A busted door, children nowhere in sight. I ran in and just unloaded. No one was there. What the carp did I just do I thought. I was told to get out of there and asked what the carp I was doing.

I saw the stairs. I heard the footsteps. They knew I was here. I pointed my gun at the stairs. I’m such a dumbass. I just endangered those children. The minute the first one came downstairs I killed him. I singled the others to follow. I ran up those stairs to the hell that exists there. How ironic. I shot every last enemy up those stairs. I arrived at the doors, the others were close behind. I told the others to be quiet. It seemed they were stupid because they thought we were dead. I easdropped and heard “Well it looks like your rescue failed” said one of the terrorist. I say terrorist since they are inflicting fear upon the children to make a point. “So who feels like living and joining us?” he said. There was no response. “Hmmmm… not old enough to answer” he said, followed by him loading a gun. “So they are nine of you, so I need 9 bullets” he threatened. That’s all I need to hear. We threw a flash bang so the children wouldn’t see. One of the soldiers shot him while me and the other pulled him out of the room. We had to somehow disguise it. I went in and said “I said trick or treat. I hope I didn’t scare you that much. None of that was real. You guys are alright right?” They all said yes and some clapped. Some said it was a good performance and that they actually believed it. “Well we gotta keep things interesting. Well good night children you can return to your sleep.” They all replied okay and went to sleep.

When I returned to the area, the wounded were being carried away. 2 casualties. They died on Halloween. The sunset was gone. O how I wished it would come back. I went to my bunk and sat down. I placed Leone by my side. “At least we survived so far” I said to it. It seemed to just stare at me watching me, like a guardian angel. Leone was my only connection to my family so I went everywhere with it. I don’t know if I should say he, what if it was a girl? Anyway I sat there and remember the sunset and just pondered how in God’s holy name can you find peace in warfare?

(Christmas) The horn did not go off. I kept my eyes closed. It’s Christmas, we probably get a sleep-in, I thought. I slightly opened my eye, just a tee bit. I saw white. So excited I opened both of my eyes. It was only Leone. Well at least it’s Christmas. I sat up and Leone was pushed onto the floor and made a clang sound. Almost like the ones I used to hear. How depressing was that noise. It reminds me of home which I long for. I picked up Leone and analyzed it. The green was dull now. It was scratched just a little bit. It was amazing how long this sharpie lasted. I stared at Leone and let all the memories of home sink in. How we would invite the family over for Christmas. Actually eat a home cooked meal. A box was thrown at me and Leone popped out of my hand. “Playing with you toy, private. Well here’s some more, guessing how the box makes that annoying sound” sneered the mailman. I gave him a get out before I shoot your lonely carp look.

I opened the book. How the hell did they pass this through security, I thought. It was a metal tin. Before I opened it I picked upon one of the few “family” I had here. This way we could spend Christmas together like the last three. Yes my deployment was almost over. Just a couple more months. We, well I, opened the tin. Inside were treats, some pictures of the last Christmas, and cards from a lot of the family. I grabbed a cookie and read some of the cards. I saved one for last. My little brother’s card. It was probably two cards knowing what he could say. “Leone you better get ready for this one” I said. I realized I just talked to an inanimate object. Well I did it every day, no matter what they say. I opened the card and the first line I saw was “What happened to you sending me pictures of you and Leone every week? I thought you said you would.” Looks like I need to send a letter soon, I thought. Anyway the letter describe the new dog, how he was doing in school, how he can’t went for me to get back. Stuff he would tell me every day if he was here. “Here Leone have a cookie” I said. I laughed to myself. “Not hungry? Well I’ll at it then” I said and I closed the tin and put it under my pillow. I put Leone gently in my pocket.

That day, there wasn’t a single fight. We actually ate pretty good food. It was ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, and vegetables. It was good. The guys joked around if I was going leave some for my friend. We had a good laughed and joked around with little trinkets they got from their family. Well at least I got a day off, but tomorrow I can’t say. Yet for now I’ll take a day off. I’ll think I’ll go to sleep and have Leone watch over me like every night.

“Don’t you guys goof off just because in one week you get sent home” Barked Dowelld. I felt bad for him since he would probably stay here for every. That was probably why he rarely smiled. The again doesn’t he want to serve? Well anyway life here is good again. There have been few reports of fighting. The last bullet fired, I heard, was last week. Some people think something is up. I think we won basically. Very cocky of me indeed to say that.

It was a blue shadow. Extremely fast. So beautiful in a way. Three more passed. Then it happened. A couple buildings exploded. People were screaming for help. The anti-aircraft were at work since one of the planes flew down running from blue to red. How spectacular, but violently. We got orders since we were getting attacked from the front. We ran towards then and were greeted by gunfire. We returned the favor. I couldn’t be distracted by those planes anymore. I just killed the enemy with my gun in this continuous, clashing battle. Just like my little brother’s Beyblade game. I snapped out of it and paid attention to my surroundings. I fought and kept shooting like a mad man. Like all the others, almost like we were twins, clone, or something. The blue flash went past my eye. I felt pain and felt as I was flying. I saw red drop like rain on the sand. I fell to the ground. Leone was nearby on the ground. Leone was spinning. Leone spun and the sand went everywhere. It was like it was doing a beautiful dance. It stopped after a while. I did not feel good one bit. I saw medical units pick Leone up and head towards me. Everything went dark.

Epilogue
It has been 2 years since that happened. I am talking to you yes. Am I alive, you can say. Look at my brother’s soul and you will see me. Sadly, he now looks at Leone alone. Leone is part of me now. It has my blood. My brother hasn’t wiped it off. I never told you my name. I almost forgot it throughout these 3 years and 51 weeks. Well I’m Private Skipper Jackson. I live in my family’s heart. I am a ex soldier and this…. Was not only my story, but the end of the spinning, the cycle, the beginning of what changes because of my death. I’ll remember those black skies, yet I’ll cherish those sunsets.
It's not bad, just clean up your spelling and stuff, and I would like to read more. Smile
the next post will happan soon after i get a couple more poll answers
Hahaha nice story!! i like it. And yah ur speeling/grammar could use some work Tongue_out
you were given the topic 'beyblade', didn't have to do research did you? And yes, i like the story,please add more Joyful_3
im not the best speller lol.. my best friend is the dictionary...
nice work man i wanna hear more of the story
Well spelling and grammar is my forte, so here you go Smile

So I sat there, tommorow I have to leave for the airport. I have to wake up, and possibly have my last meal with my family. Clang, clang, clang, clang. Ughh, is my brother playing that game again. Clang, clang, clang, clang, clang. Man, that sound is annoying. "Dimitri can you stop that for a little bit, I'm trying to pack." I exclaimed. My little brother came into the room, "Oh yeah you're leaving tommorow". He looked at my bags and looked down and said slower, " you're really leaving tommorow." "Yeah", I said "There's no way I can change my mind now, I gotta go, I've been drafted". There was just silence for a while. He handed me one of his toys. "I want you to have it bro, make sure you bring it back though." Regretfully I replied, "I'll try but I can't promise it.... what is it anyway?" "It's a Beyblade. A Rock Leone... but I colored his metal wheel so it looks like your army uniform in a way. Except I only had a black and green sharpie," He said. "Thanks bro, I'll make sure I bring it wherever I go." I said. Our mother came in and told us that we should get to bed, since we had a long day ahead of us. I heard my brother cry through the night, it was one of the hardest things to listen to. The goodbyes that morning were omnious and my family, and as well as myself tried not to cry. I left and was off to a new life, with my a new friend, I guess, Rock Leone.
thanks... next time im word doc it to make sure its correct i had to hand right it at first
Edit: Fixed
(Oct. 07, 2010  2:39 AM)Pyro Wrote: Well spelling and grammar is my forte, so here you go Smile

Hey wouldnt the last like sentence part be either ".., with my new friend, I guess, Rock Leone." or "..., with me a new friend, I guess, Rock Leone." Is that right cuz to me the way it is now i dont understand it Tongue_out I WANNA HEAR THE REST OF THE STORY THOUGH!!!!! I like it ;D
i think u hav enough people to continue with the story
Because of 109 views and 11 votes i will post the next part (made sure i word doced it first so speeling should be correct) Dont Worry There WILL Be More

It has been 6 months 2 weeks and 3 days since I left Home. My home, not this new one or my bunk in boot camp. My home, but I shouldn’t worry now, I have to worry about this. There was a new annoying sound. This one I hated a lot more. It was the sound of an automatic. No not 1 automatic, many automatics. Usually there was an explosion here or there, but the enemy was shooting blindly. Oh, how I hate this sound… I like the clashing of that metal more. I held my Dragnuz close and tried to pick off the enemy. Leone was in my jacket. It felt uncomfortable. Yet it helped me get through boot camp. How can this one toy hold me together. Is it because it reminds me of Home? “PRIVATE, LESS THINKING AND MOR…..” There was a white flash before my general finished talking.
---
(News Reporter) Today in Afghanistan the US Army was able to defend a city from rebels who wanted the armed forces to leave. Though the US forces did win, there has been a report that a squad of snipers is trapped in a building that collapsed due to multiple grenades. It is unconfirmed if they are any survivors and are thought to be dead.
That was the most touching story I every heard I never thought that any thing that had to do with BeyBlades could be so touching. Thanks for posting this.I would love to hear more about it.
dont worry it is 5 pages, yet i may have to cut out some since this paper has some... interesting parts
Uh, send the whole story to me. All of it.
(Oct. 07, 2010  10:24 PM)Sagittario96 Wrote: Uh, send the whole story to me. All of it.
i don't think he will do that, wait like everyone else :\
No, like EVERYTHING, even the interesting parts. If he can. Or over a period of time.
know what i wont cut out any of the parts... and by interesting i mean somewhat gruesome and bloody.
Wait... Becuase Im goin to put 1 part per day until it ends... and if I get at least 250 views I will put the two different endings
(Oct. 07, 2010  10:30 PM)BeyHunter Wrote: know what i wont cut out any of the parts... and by interesting i mean somewhat gruesome and bloody.
Wait... Becuase Im goin to put 1 part per day until it ends... and if I get at least 250 views I will put the two different endings

This is coming along as a great story!!!! U should have got like A+++ Tongue_out
(Oct. 07, 2010  10:30 PM)BeyHunter Wrote: and by interesting i mean somewhat gruesome and bloody.
what else do you expect from a bey/war story, hah. Also, great second part, you left me wanting more!! Joyful_2
Well wait for tommorow as we lead into more action.. I think... just gotta check the doc
Edit the parts onto your OP, then tell us in a new reply that you updated it.
That way we don'thave to go search for it.
It's very good, I really like it! Smile
OP? original post? sounds like a good idea whats that... before I put it up... may take a while going to make it better got a wonderful ideo for this part... And Heres whats gonna happen..
200 Views(reached)- Photos i took realting
250 Views(reached)- The other ending
300 Views(reached)- A couple videos relating
1000 views- Everyone gets a cookie lol, anyway idk but something
added hope you like
October 8th's post

“Hello” “Hellooooo” “Hey private wake up” said a mysterious voice. I received consciousness and saw a doctor over me. “There you are welcome back, don’t worry you are in the hospital now” said the doctor. “What happened to me?” I asked feeling dazed and confused, I had a lot of pain. “Well to start I am Leo. A grenade made the building you were in collapse. They really need to update code here. Anyway, you were crushed by the rocks. We found you in the rubble.” Leo said calmly. “Well at least I’m alive. Will I get discharged?” I asked slightly confused. “You can say that. Well why do you want to go? Aren’t you happy you are defending your people and land?” He asked. “America, you mean. You one of those doctors from Afghanistan?”I asked. “You can say that, well how about you just answer the questions.” He said. “Okay, Okay. I want to go home to my family, not this damned hell. I’m not happy, but I do it for my friends and loved ones.” I responded annoyed. “How Human” There was a flash.
“Hey, there’s one over here. Hurry he looks really hurt. Look I’m going to lift you up onto this stretcher and fly you to base.” Someone said. I looked dimly and saw an outline of a soldier. “Look I want you to close your eyes and go to sleep, not sleep forever, but sleep.” He said so calmly, yet demanding in a way. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.
Yesterday/Today
I awoke after surgery. They were surprised I didn’t die. There was only 2 other survivors. Well at least I get a break for 2 months. There is no doctor Leo, well maybe my willpower thought of it to give my body hope. Who knows? I was able to call my family. Now that was hard. They were happy I lived, they didn’t really care about the others who died much. I guess that is family for you, but those people were my family like how Leone is now.
---
(6 months later, “Unknown” Coordinates) I sit here now, watching for any enemies with blood on me. I am bleeding from the leg, yet I do not feel it. Night vision gives me an advantage but it seems if I shoot, they just shoot blindly. We haven’t loss a soldier yet in this operation. Sub Op- Light the Candle. “Movement on your right” I whisper into the microphone so the others can hear. Shots are fired, and the room lights up, I get behind a couple boxes and take the night vision off. I see one man go down. The dark red blood slowly went down his stomach. He was alive. I went to go get him until one of the enemy forces stabbed him in the throat and blood went everywhere. In my eyes, it burned but I didn’t care. Without a thought I unloaded a magazine into him and he went into the cave wall and fell over. 2 more soldiers were dead. I reloaded a magazine and looked over the box. They were about 10. With the adrenaline pumping through me I got up and fired quickly and got down. You dumbass, you gave away your position I thought, yelling at myself. “Let’s do a flashbang, gerndade combo. We are going to need cover fire for when we run. You and McMaffy go by where the cave starts and just shoot. We will through them. When we do, run. We will catch up to you.” Said one soldier, yet I couldn’t tell which one. McMaffy and I dashed for the enterance and started unloading. The flashbang and grenade were thrown and we saw the others running.

“Mission accomplished boys” said General Mills. “I am a girl aren’t I General?” said McMaffy. “I’m sorry McMaffy it’s what we generals are used to saying man or women on the team” General Mills replied in a kind of akward style.”Don’t worry General, I’m just busting ‘em on you. You are a guy right?” said McMaffy. Everyone laughed including me. The General found it extra funny though. I felt normal again.