Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 - Xbox 360

[Image: left_4_dead.jpg]
Link below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead
(good old wikipedia. Joyful_2)

For All lazy people who just want to see the main info.. its below.

Survivor Characters:
Bill: a former Green Beret and a Vietnam veteran.
Francis: a tattoo-covered biker.
Louis: a junior systems analyst in his company's IT department.
Zoey: a college student and horror movie enthusiast.

Infected Characters:
The Boomer: a bloated infected whose vomit and bile (which may be released at will and upon death) blinds the player briefly and attracts a horde of common infected.
The Hunter: an agile infected that can pounce on survivors from great distances.
The Smoker: an infected that ensnares survivors with its long tongue at a distance and, upon death, releases a cloud of smoke that obscures vision.
The Tank: a gigantic, muscular infected that is powerful, slow and difficult to kill. It can knock players backwards, dealing massive damage, or attack from afar by throwing a lump of earth.
The Witch: a passive female infected, who, when provoked by loud sounds, lights, a survivor approaching too closely, or general stimulation, will trigger her to attack her provoker. She is able to knock down or kill the provoker (depending on the difficulty setting) in one hit. If her victim survives, she will attempt to kill them if not killed herself.

I've shortened this so i can fit in the sequel. Wink

[Image: left-4-dead-2-logo.jpg]
Link Below
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead_2

Most Information is on wikipedia (the link)

I have a question.. has anyone played it yet? If so what do you people think? I haven't played it.... yet.

Aso I've kept some of the old characters listed here.. but read the links.
I played this around when it came out. I was disappointed. 4 campaigns with only 1 available for online(which isn't very fun).
I thought it was fun but i haven't tried to play online... so I dont know how you feel. :\ sorry to hear you were disapointed with the game.
Paying $60 for a 4 hour game is ridiculous.
Chocked_2 So thats why I dont play online. ^^; haha.
Why don't you play co-op with a friend... thats what i did. Smile and it was fun.
Unless you did Speechless
I did. We were done with it after we finished the 4 campaigns.
I reserved this game before it came out. Played it until beating it, the first night ! It's an overall great game.
I agree with Spaceman, it could've been longer. And a better (actual) ending wouldn't of hurt either. But playability-wise I love it ! co-op is fun aswell. Don't know why, but the 2 pistols are my favorite choice to roll with. Also like the M-16. The sequal is coming out November 17th. Hopefully they made this one longer . Have you played Dead Space ? That is an instant classic ! I'm about half way through beating it a second time. This game is a bit longer, and a good challenge .
I've heard of the sequal coming out. Joyful_2 I cant wait.. i hope its better then the 1st. Grin

I used the assault rifle to take out the horde. and double pistol [Bowen told me that Pistols have un limited shots... is that true..? from what i saw, he was right.] to take out the witch and smokers - and me and Bowen helped each other take out the rest.

I haven't finished the game yet - but i want to.. so i know how you both feel. Smile
Also no i haven't heard or played Dead Space. Speechless
Yes, The pistols are unlimited ammo. Maybe your friend Bowen has heard of Dead Space. It's one I think
you two would really enjoy ! Replay value is paralell to Left 4 Dead , in my opinion.
(Aug. 31, 2009  2:53 AM)Spaceman Wrote: Paying $60 for a 4 hour game is ridiculous.
That's akin to complaining that you got 0 hours out of Counter-Strike or Team Fortress.

Also, Valve has added more online campaigns and a new mode for free.
My friends in Pittsburgh are completely engrossed with this game and I couldn't get them to stop playing it lmao
rezivorshiphop: Thats good.. I was shooting alot with the 2 pistols Haha. I'll ask Bowen next time i see him [we'll probably be playing Left 4 Dead when i ask him lmao].. if hes heard of Dead Space.

Anubis: Chocked_2 That was like me and Bowen, we were playing it to much - and there was this part that we kept dying on. [fricken tanks Tired] so we just gave up for a while, went outside for about an hour then came back in and played Halo 3 with both Bowen and my brother, then me and Bowen tried Left 4 Dead again - then he had to go home soon after. and now i wanna continue playing the game. lmao [I have a witch i wanna kill - for payback for killing me haha]
Left 4 Dead is the only game I play on my 360 these days *until I get Arkam Aslyum* Most campaigns I stick with the shotgun but with blood harvest I find myself using the M16 for the simple fact the infect are spread all over in a wide open space and in that sort of position the shotgun is kinda useless. Never played the game online though because I can never be botherd to set up a live acount but I wouldn't wanna pay it either, which sorta makes me wish I got the pc version instead but whatever.

But Left 4 Dead 2 *drools* i've seen some game play previews on youtube and I have to say i'm impressed melee weapons should been in the first game to begin with. While watching a couple gameplay previews I seen the guy take down one of the boss infected in one hit using the frying pan XD so basicly nov. 17 is gonna be like an early christmas for me.
Yeah when the Horde come from all directions, a Shotgun is pretty useless. I went from the shotgun and 1 pistol to an assault rifle and 2 pistols. XD

Speechless One hit... with a frying pan. Bahahaha.. i wanna see that. Pinching_eyes_2

Novemeber 17... oh i cant wait. Eee
Old game is old lol.
Bought it. Beat it. Sold it.
It's a good game, but it's very short and it's not fun to play by yourself.
Which means you always have to have a friend over or you have to have online.
They could've done a lot better on the single player but sadly they didn't.
Sequel is coming out this year, not getting it.
it's not even one year old and it's not meant to be a single player game
Sam has a point. Left 4 Dead is meant to be a fun game to play with a friend, in other words who wouldn't want to play a game where you get to kill zombies for fun. and it also tests team work between yourself and your friend(s). Joyful_2

And dont judge a sequel before it even comes out Kyo Crisis. Smile
Updated 1st post.. and yay finally finished the game. Joyful_2
UPDATED!
I only bumped this up so i didn't make another thread for the 1st and 2nd game. Smile
I loved the first one, and I only paid 20 CAD for it. It's just great mindless fun. Really looking forward to playing the second one soon.
The second one is much better than the original, but it still lacks replay value to me. I don't enjoy versus mode so that's something that needs improvement. It takes too long to play through those online and gets boring.
Do you play it with strangers in versus?
I haven't played the second one yet.. but my friend Bowen is thinking about getting it until we've both finished it.. were thinking about seeing how much faster we can finish the second one than the 1st one. XD

Spaceman what weapon(s) do (or did) you use?