Launchers, Grips, and Accessories

(Dec. 03, 2011  5:03 AM)Byser Wrote: One more shot at a draft for tonight.

Quote:Angle Compass
The Angle Compass is an accessory intended to help Bladers straighten their launch. It is essentially a freely rotating ball inside a clear dome that attaches to the head of the Launcher Grip. On the rotating ball is a red dot that will always point upward regardless of how the Angle Compass is angled, due to the weight inside the ball on the opposite side. The idea is to use the red dot and the crosshair on the clear dome to determine the angle of the launch. When, from directly above, the red dot is centered with the crosshair, it means the Launcher Grip is directly parallel to the ground.

While helpful in theory, the Angle Compass can be fairly inconsistent. Because the ball rotates on the horizontal and vertical axes by two seperate rods, there are times when friction will prevent it from rotating as it should, and it then must be jostled to correct it.

The last part is based on my personal use from it. Considering we don't recommend people to buy it I don't think it's too inaccurate, but hey, who am I to judge?
I would write that the biggest reason it doesn't get used is because not all launches require the beyblade to be perfectly straight. Add something like that. Should we mention that the notable only use for it is just to add weight?

(Dec. 03, 2011  3:35 PM)Imperial Wrote:
Quote:

3 Segment Launcher Grip.
The 3 Segment Launcher Grip is the the second version of the MFB Launcher Grip. The overal design of the Grip is slightly different, and the slot for the BB-16 Beypointer was replaced with a rectangular, moveable slot that holds the BeyPoint Card. The removal of the BeyPointer slot allowed the Grip to accommodate left-handed Bladers, and added the ability to hold two accessories, so that the grip is more customizable . It is important to note that Hasbro's Light Launchers do not fit in the 3 Segment Launcher Grip.
As you can see I cut out all the extra stuff that was run-on and unnecessary.

(Dec. 03, 2011  4:14 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Hm, IFritDulux's draft would need more edits IMO. Smile
As for the Light Launcher 2 article, it is good.
I'll try my hand at it! My first 'serious' BeyWiki article attempt! Smile

Quote:Light Launcher 2

The Light Launcher 2 is the successor of the standard MFB launcher, the Light Launcher. The Winder of this launcher is a reinforced version, and is designed to be inserted vertically into the Launcher, unlike the standard Light Launcher Winder which is inserted horizontally. The handle provides better grip and the teeth are closer together. The LL2 Winder is incompatible with the standard Light Launcher.

A textured area and indented finger grips are incorporated into the Launcher for a more comfortable grip. The Light Launcher 2 offers a more powerful launch than a standard Light Launcher, but is still overshadowed by the BeyLauncher and its variants because of the recoil the Launcher has. A major flaw in this Launcher is that it gets rougher after usage, resulting in frequent and unwanted weak launches at times.

The Left Spin counterpart of the Light Launcher 2 was released with L Drago Destroy and has the same features as the original.
Please let me know whether you all liked it or not! I have made it a point to capitalize the first letters in 'Launchers', 'Winders', etc. as they are copyrighted terms introduced by TT. Smile

I edited this too! Smile
"It is important to note that Hasbro's Light Launchers do not fit in the 3 Segment Launcher Grip."

Where did you hear this? I own the 3 Segment Launcher and Hasbro Ripcord launchers and they are compatible.
One thing I think would be cool is to note all the variants that the launcher grips come in. I am definitely going to do this for the customize grip section since it has 6 colours variants.

(Dec. 03, 2011  10:53 PM)Imperial Wrote: "It is important to note that Hasbro's Light Launchers do not fit in the 3 Segment Launcher Grip."

Where did you hear this? I own the 3 Segment Launcher and Hasbro Ripcord launchers and they are compatible.

It's a common fact. Yours must be odd then or something.
I've tried it. And I just tried it again right now. The clip doesn't clip on.

UltraBlader: that's way beyond what I know, but I think it'd be good if somebody added that.
(Dec. 03, 2011  10:55 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I've tried it. And I just tried it again right now. The clip doesn't clip on.

Huh, that's weird mine is a little tight but it clips on.... Was yours bought seperately like mine? Not with the URS and other sets?
Yeah mine is separate. It's the gray one. Do you mind posting a picture?
(Dec. 03, 2011  11:00 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Yeah mine is separate. It's the gray one. Do you mind posting a picture?

Ok I will. I usually use it with the clip I got from a Hasbro launcher grip, but I tried it with the one it came with and it worked too.
I'll provide it and you can edit it:

Launcher grip comes in:

Black (Early BB-15's + sonokong release of Perseus reshuffle)
Dark Grey (Later releases of BB-15)
Blue (Sonokong release)
White (BB-64 release as well as sonokong release of L Drago reshuffle)
Red (World Hobby Fare version)

This is excluding the Hasbro ones. I have no idea what they are.

3 segment grip comes in:

Grey
Black(Perseus Reshuffle)
White (L Drago reshuffle)
Off white (Big Bang Pegasis DX set)
Blue (Galaxy Pegasis DX set)

Also don't know if you know but the Carabiner grip comes in Heat red too which should be mentioned.
Later today I'll put all the drafts into one section, write a snipe launcher draft, possibly a Light Launcher LR draft, and put everything into two quotes for their appropriate articles.

I believe there's also a WBBA Green Grip or something like that? Do you happen to know what colours the BeyLaunchers come in?
If you decide to include the Hasbro Launcher Grips...
-Black with Red Grip BB-15
-Silver with Black grip BB-15B/BB-61A
- http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/9/8/6/9/5...7106_o.jpg BB-15C and BB-15D

I believe these are all of them.
@ Imperial: Um there are quite a few recolours from sets which is why I said I didn't know them. Also the grip that comes with the Red grip rubber is clearly not black.
@Shab:

Yes there is one. Can't remember what it's called or where it's from.

Beylaunchers come in:

Light blue BB-28
Yellow
Three shades of red - one for BB-20, another for BB-32 and the last for one that goes with the World hobby fair grip I mentioned earlier.
Blue - Galaxy pegasus DX set.
White - Big Bang pegasis DX set
First beylauncher colour I think the item number is BB17 - Not really sure of the colour
Orange
Black
Grey
Green - One from the BB-20 set and the other the new one that released a month or two ago
Cosmo blue

That's it as far as Takara ones go. You'll need to look up the hasbro ones though since I don't follow hasbro releases beyond looking on ebay every month or so.
(Dec. 04, 2011  12:03 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: @ Imperial: Um there are quite a few recolours from sets which is why I said I didn't know them.

And that's why I listed them out for you..... What's your point?

Oh, and I forgot the red one with the Challenger Grip Set, and the blue one with the Saggitario value pack.

BTW here's the pic
Sorry I didn't read the post properly and know there are more than that but you corrected it. About the Hasbro with 3 seg grip thing: some clearly work and others don't. For me they just don't fit. Nothing to do with the clip. Possibly a pointless thing to talk about since anyone who uses only Hasbro will never get one and anyone who uses both will just use a Beylauncher but whatever.
(Dec. 03, 2011  11:13 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: ...
I believe there's also a WBBA Green Grip or something like that? ...

Yes, it is a WBBA special, and comes in "Uranus Green" with a matching beylauncher. You can find photos with the listings on YJA.
I would say that there are also some more recolours that just those that Ultrablader listed ...
I only listed the Takara ones so that may be it? I thought I got all of those.
There are many others. Also, iirc the one in Galaxy Pegasis DX is dark grey, not blue.

Launcher grip comes in the following colors for TT:

White
Black
Blue (From TT Event Special, later Sonokong released it also)
Red (Mars Red TT WHF)
Gold (Championship TT)
Silver (Championship TT)
Bronze (Championship TT)

3 segment grip comes in the following colors for TT:

Grey
Black
White
Silverish Grey (From BBP DX)
Green (TT Event Special)
Bronze (Not sure where this comes from, but the packaging is like a regular releases)

Um I own the galaxy pegasis DX set and it comes with blue. Definitely not dark grey.
Yes, I can second that. It is a very dark blue, with a gray launcher clip(the thing that holds your Beylauncher or whathaveyou in place once it's inserted into the adapter).
Ahh you guys are correct of course. I just re-checked mine, and yes, indeed, it is Dark Blue. My mistake, I apologize.
(Dec. 03, 2011  3:00 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Looking at those two in specific, they should definitely be cut and moved here. Although the Beylauncher Suspension section should be shortened. We want the actual Light/BeyLauncher articles to be about the Light-BeyLauncher, so having them here is the best place. That's the intention of these; add more organisation to the launching products.

Yeah, both of those sections can be moved to the MFB Launchers & Accessories article. And yeah, the BeyLauncher Suspension section should be shortened slightly. We can use this:

BeyLauncher Suspension Wrote:As a solution to the handle breakage issue in the BeyLauncher design, Takara-Tomy released an accessory called the BeyLauncher Suspension. This device attaches to the pre-existing handle of the BeyLauncher and contains a spring inside of it, as well as a re-designed ergonomic handle. This spring allowed the user to pull the launcher at full strength without releasing the handle since it would alleviate the stress from the internal launcher mechanism.

To gain maximum power with the BeyLauncher Suspension, grip the handle naturally (not too firm, but firm enough to not accidentally let go). Then pull the cord back very quickly until it runs out and you feel the tension of the spring expanding. At that point just stop, but do not let go. Accidentally letting the cord go with the Suspension attached results in a weaker shot.

For users with prior experience with the BeyLauncher this is a technique that will require some adjustment. There will be an initial inhibition to pull too hard for fear of breaking the internal mechanisms or string, but current usage has shown no issues with internal launcher damage, so pulling hard is not an issue. Also, some users have found that it is advantageous to switch their normally used launcher positions with the grip with the addition of the Suspension for greater performance/comfort.

(Dec. 03, 2011  3:52 AM)Imperial Wrote: Light Launcher 2

The Light Launcher 2, abbreviated as LL2, is quite different from the standard MFB launcher, the Light Launcher. Like the Neo-Dragon Winder from the Plastic Generation, the Winder is inserted vertically, but is not compatible with the Light Launcher. It has thicker teeth and is more durable than the original Light Launcher Winder. The Light Launcher 2 is preferred over the Light Launcher for its more powerful launch, but it is still overshadowed by the BeyLauncher and does sometimes have a tendency to scrape up against the internal gears when pulled too powerfully.

The Light Launcher 2 was first released as a stand alone product in BB-87, and is now included with nearly every new release. The Left Spin counterpart of the Light Launcher 2 was released with L Drago Destroy F:S and has the same features as the original.

Modified this one heavily. Can someone measure how many complete revolutions the Light Launcher 2 is able to get? Also, find out how many teeth the gear(s) inside of it have.

The 3 Segment Launcher Grip section needs a lot of work ... If no one else gets to it, I'll do it myself later. All of the other sections (written by Byser and Arupaeo) are good to go!

Here's a write up for the LED Sight section:

LED Sight Wrote:The LED Sight attaches to the Launcher Grip and features a battery-powered scope that emits a red LED light onto the stadium. The light is supposed to project where your Beyblade will land when shot. The angle of the LED Sight can be modifiable, which is useful depending on your strategy and where it is attached to the Launcher Grip.

In theory, the idea of having the ability to predict where your Beyblade will land is great, but in reality the LED Sight is relatively useless because it isn't terribly accurate. There are numerous factors that can affect the shooting of your Beyblade, such as: launching angle, launching movement, and the position of your opponent prior to the beginning of the battle; all of which throw the accuracy of the LED Sight off. And even if you were to keep your hands still when using the LED Sight, it then gives the opponent an idea of where you are aiming in the stadium, which puts you at a disadvantage.

The LED Sight comes packaged with an exclusive Bottom: PD (Polish Defense). See the Metal Fight Beyblade - Bottom List article for more information.

This reminds me, I need to buy like ... three more LED Sights so I can get some PD's to test hahaha.
I'll count the teeth on the gears and revolutions on the weekend if nobody gets to it by then.

I'll also get to actually writing some things once the week is done. I've been busy.
I've decided to restart the 3 Segment section, it's too ugly when things get chopped out and stuffed in continuously.

Quote:The 3 Segment Launcher Grip is the Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion version of the original MFB Launcher Grip. At the time of this release, BeyPointers were not used anymore and served no purpose on a Launcher Grip. The BeyPoint Cards replaced the BeyPointer, and the 3 Segment Launcher Grip was designed to accommodate these cards. The BeyPoint Cards are inserted in a card slot that is located on the top of the head of the grip. This slot can be moved into multiple positions by rotating or sliding the card holder. The removal of the BeyPointer attachment allowed the grip to accommodate left-handed Bladers by adding a third place for the handle to attach to the head. The third attachment also allows two accessories to be attached at one time, providing more customizability. The handle did not go through major changes, except for the fact that the Tool at the Bottom was smaller and "3 Segment" was written on the new textured design. It is important to note that Hasbro's Light Launchers do not fit in the 3 Segment Grip, and that the handles and heads of the 3 Segment Grip and the original Grip are not interchangeable.

That good? If it is, I believe all the sections for the Grips & Accessories are finished!

Edit: here's the light launcher 2 stuff you wanted:
Winder teeth: 62
Revolutions: 5
Gear teeth: 10
(Dec. 17, 2011  10:52 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I've decided to restart the 3 Segment section, it's too ugly when things get chopped out and stuffed in continuously.

Quote:The 3 Segment Launcher Grip is the Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion version of the original MFB Launcher Grip. At the time of this release, BeyPointers were not used anymore and served no purpose on a Launcher Grip. The BeyPoint Cards replaced the BeyPointer, and the 3 Segment Launcher Grip was designed to accommodate these cards. The BeyPoint Cards are inserted in a card slot that is located on the top of the head of the grip. This slot can be moved into multiple positions by rotating or sliding the card holder. The removal of the BeyPointer attachment allowed the grip to accommodate left-handed Bladers by adding a third place for the handle to attach to the head. The third attachment also allows two accessories to be attached at one time, providing more customizability. The handle did not go through major changes, except for the fact that the Tool at the Bottom was smaller and "3 Segment" was written on the new textured design. It is important to note that Hasbro's Light Launchers do not fit in the 3 Segment Grip, and that the handles and heads of the 3 Segment Grip and the original Grip are not interchangeable.

That good? If it is, I believe all the sections for the Grips & Accessories are finished!

Hm, an extremely small correction done there. Smile
You forgot to put in the 'T'.
(Dec. 17, 2011  10:52 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
Quote:The 3 Segment Launcher Grip is the Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion version of the original MFB Launcher Grip. At the time of this release, BeyPointers were not used anymore and served no purpose on a Launcher Grip. The BeyPoint Cards replaced the BeyPointer, and the 3 Segment Launcher Grip was designed to accommodate these cards. The BeyPoint Cards are inserted in a card slot that is located on the top of the head of the grip. This slot can be moved into multiple positions by rotating or sliding the card holder. The removal of the BeyPointer attachment allowed the grip to accommodate left-handed Bladers by adding a third place for the handle to attach to the head. The third attachment also allows two accessories to be attached at one time, providing more customizability. The handle did not go through major changes, except for the fact that the Tool at the Bottom was smaller and "3 Segment" was written on the new textured design. It is important to note that Hasbro's Ligh Launchers do not fit in the 3 Segment Grip, and that the handles and heads of the 3 Segment Grip and the original Grip are not interchangeable.

The 3 Seg Grip and the Original grip(Hasbro Version) are interchangeable, or at least mine are. Is my 3 Segment Launcher Grip that weird? The 3 Seg head fits on the the Hasbro Grip, but the Hasbro head doesn't fit on the 3 Seg grip.