Launchers, Grips, and Accessories

Man, wuddup with your grip, haha? I've tried to put both heads on both grips, and neither worked. Either way, it's not supposed to do that, so I'll leave it in.

Janstarblast, thanks!
Here's the Grips & Accessories Sections in one place:

If someone could do the final two sections for the Launchers & Accessories article, then I'll do the same thing I've done here. I could write them, but I don't have either, so it'd be best if somebody who had them did them; I don't want to leave anything out!
I will type up the snipe launcher one tomorrow Smile
(Dec. 17, 2011  10:52 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
Quote:The 3 Segment Launcher Grip is the Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion version of the original MFB Launcher Grip. The primary function of the new grip was to facilitate the addition of a BeyPoint Card compartment. BeyPointers had been replaced with BeyPoint Cards at the time of release, so the 3 Segment Launcher Grip was designed to accommodate these cards. The BeyPoint Cards are inserted in a card slot that is located on the top of the head of the grip. This slot can be rotated 360°. However, this change brought about many other, more important, possibilities as well:

In addition to creating a compartment for the BeyPoint Card, the removal of the BeyPointer attachment allowed the grip to accommodate left-handed Bladers by adding a third place for the handle to attach to the head. The third attachment also allows two accessories to be attached at one time, providing more customization options. The handle itself was not changed significantly, but the Tool attached to the end of it did become wider/smaller.

Unlike the original Launcher Grip, Hasbro's Light Launchers do not fit in the 3 Segment Grip, and additionally, the handles and heads of the 3 Segment Grip and the original Launcher Grip are not interchangeable.

I've partially re-written this, but everything should be ready to go now!

When the Launchers & Accessories article is complete, we're going to include a section comparing the launcher power of each MFB shooter, similar to what was done in the "Complaints about the Light Launcher" section of the current Light Launcher article. That's where the information you posted about the Light Launcher 2 will come in.

Can someone do the same thing for the Snipe Launcher and BeyLauncher? Because I know not too many people will have it, I'll post the amount of revolutions the original black string BeyLauncher (which has a slightly longer string) gets compared to the white string ones:

BeyLauncher (black string): 8
BeyLauncher (white string): 7.5

Could somebody please put it up for me? I'm screwed if I do it on an iPod, and you've seen what happens when I try to put them up (Right Super Deck Set?)
Let me take a shot at the Beylauncher LR.

Quote:Light Launcher LR

The Light Launcher LR was originally released with VariAres D:D. It has the same winder as the Light Launcher 2 and notches on the indents of the shooter for better grip. The most notable feature of the Light Launcher LR is the ability to launch Beyblades in either left or right spin without changing launchers. The Light Launcher LR has two sets of prongs. The prongs that are not being used are held by a clip. When changing prongs, you must switch the button to the corresponding spin direction. Also, there are two slots for inserting the winder. One for left spin, and one for right spin. The winder is inserted into the appropriate spin direction matching the prongs. The other slot will be blocked by the button that determines spin direction.

I'm in a hurry, so I'll be back later to finish this.

EDIT: Okay, I came back and added more. Any suggestions?
Careful when measuring string lengths and rotations from them with beylaunchers. The strings tend to get shorter by fraying or threads coming out or something, it's hard to describe. Just to make sure you're aware (my clear beylauncher L, for example, has "frayed" badly and has a tiny string as a result).
(Dec. 23, 2011  11:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: Careful when measuring string lengths and rotations from them with beylaunchers. The strings tend to get shorter by fraying or threads coming out or something, it's hard to describe. Just to make sure you're aware (my clear beylauncher L, for example, has "frayed" badly and has a tiny string as a result).

I don't understand, how could a string become shorter through use? I can understand "fraying", but not shortening.

Anyways, I measured the rotations of multiple BeyLaunchers (black string and white string) and it was the same for them all.
The strings have an inner and outer part. The outer is that mesh-style stuff you see, and the inner is sort of like tons of thin white hairs. When the outside frays, they slide along each other and it results in one being bunched up which shortens the string as a whole.
(Dec. 24, 2011  2:52 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: The strings have an inner and outer part. The outer is that mesh-style stuff you see, and the inner is sort of like tons of thin white hairs. When the outside frays, they slide along each other and it results in one being bunched up which shortens the string as a whole.

I still don't get it LOL
It's extremely hard to explain to be honest, but if you've ever seen a piece of cloth/clothing bunch up when a stand of it is pulled out, it's that kind of thing. it's basically the inside strands coming out, I guess.

To be honest I don't really fully understand it, just the consequences of it.
(Dec. 24, 2011  3:18 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 24, 2011  2:52 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: The strings have an inner and outer part. The outer is that mesh-style stuff you see, and the inner is sort of like tons of thin white hairs. When the outside frays, they slide along each other and it results in one being bunched up which shortens the string as a whole.

I still don't get it LOL

Kei, do you know what "tightening" is? When a rope, or cord, is threaded and woven into a single line, it is very long, and very tight. As it loosens, its natural length will shorten greatly, because there is no longer tension holding it in place.

Do they actually teach you guys things in Canada, or is it more of a "set the child loose in the woods with some maple syrup and a talking bear and let him find his own way" kind of thing?
I've added more to my draft. What do you think? I'm pretty sure it needs some work. I just can't find the right words. XD
(Dec. 23, 2011  11:02 PM)iBeyblader Wrote:

The Light Launcher LR was originally released with VariAres DGrin. It has the same winder as the Light Launcher 2 and notches on the indents of the shooter for better grip. Like the BeyLauncher LR, the Light Launcher LR has the ability to launch Beyblades in either left or right spin without changing launchers. To accomplish this, the Light Launcher LR has two sets of prongs which are interchanged when choosing the spin direction you wish to use. The prongs that are not being used are held by a clip. After changing prongs, a switch located on top of the launcher blocking one of the two winder slots must be moved left or right to open up the desired slot for the appropriate spin direction. The winder must then be inserted into that slot before use.

I've re-worded this section, but thanks for the work putting it together initially iBeyblader. Smile
Kei- Should we mention that the Light Launcher LR also suffers from major recoil, similar to its one-directional spin counterpart Light Launcher 2? Its quite rough, actually...
Also, should it be mentioned that its abbreviated as L3R? (Not sure about this, and nor is this quite important)
It's not really "recoil", but I'm not sure of the correct term.

It's only really noticeable if you're used to Beylaunchers I've found. After I came back from using ripcords in plastics, I was suddenly able to use an LL2/L3R. Confused
Well, not 'recoil' actually, just too rough...
Actually, I am extremely used to the smooth HMS Neo Dual Shooters, and you can even say that I did use the EZ shooters quite a lot too, but not as much as the Neo Dual Shooters.
I haven't used a BeyLauncher yet(yes I did break a few of my friend's), so the recoil/roughness of LL2 is quite noticeable even if one ain't addicted to BeyLaunchers. Smile
I haven't used an L3R(as I do not have one), I just saw it in videos, and just 'ripped'(launched without a bey attached) it once in a tournament I attended.
The roughness is quite noticeable...
I am actually searching for a Gravity Destroyer offering a right spin Light Launcher, honestly. I find Light Launchers smoother than LL2s and L3Rs. I may be wrong, though. Smile
They're smoother, but they are far less powerful. LL2's approach the power of a beylauncher (although they fall short).
@th!nk- Yes, that's true. Smile
But at the same time, the recoil/roughness suffered by LL2 results in occasional weak launches. The condition aggravates as you use it more, and hence the launches become extremely weak. Here's an example-
When I got my Hell Kerbecs, I could easily net down 3:42 seconds of solo spin when using the LL2.
Considering the fact that I love DS, and I've prevented it from wearing down much, the stamina of Hell hasn't altered much. To prove that the wearing down of DS didn't affect Stamina- When launched with my friend's Light Launcher (2:31 seconds), it still gets similar SSTs(solo spin times) as it used to get before, in the 2:30-2:35 time frame. Now though, when using the LL2, I struggle to even net down 2 minutes. The highest time achieved being just 1:24 seconds. Unhappy
So, after repeated usage, an LL2 is worse in comparison to a standard Light Launcher (according to my tests).
EDIT- Oops! I guess this was off topic!
Yeah, the LL2 (and LL2L) and L3R are garbage. It's disappointing because we know that TAKARA-TOMY is capable of producing something that feels as good as the Dual Shooter can. LL2/L3R's scrape too much (like I mentioned in the LL2 description), and it gets worse the harder you launch. Maybe I just haven't used mine enough, but that's how my experience with them has been.

Anyways, the scraping is kind of implied since it is mentioned that the L3R uses the same winder as the LL2, but I suppose it should be made explicit. Go ahead and add it (and mention of the abbreviation).
I actually like LL2's and the L3R, but I've never tried a Dual Shooter, and I've had a lot of bad LL2's as well.

I'm forever annoyed that they didn't continue the dual-spin-for-everything concept from HMS though.

Didn't Dual Shooters have a wear and tear issue though?
Dual Shooters were notorious for being a gamble even out of the box, and they wore much faster than any other ripcord launcher I can recall.

Still, if you got a good one, it felt like what Beyblade launching should feel like. I cannot put it to words.
(Dec. 25, 2011  6:15 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2011  11:02 PM)iBeyblader Wrote:

The Light Launcher LR, abbreviated as L3R, was originally released with VariAres DGrin. It has the same winder as the Light Launcher 2 and notches on the indents of the shooter for better grip. Like the BeyLauncher LR, the Light Launcher LR has the ability to launch Beyblades in either left or right spin without changing launchers. To accomplish this, the Light Launcher LR has two sets of prongs which are interchanged when choosing the spin direction you wish to use. The prongs that are not being used are held by a clip. After changing prongs, a switch located on top of the launcher blocking one of the two winder slots must be moved left or right to open up the desired slot for the appropriate spin direction. The winder must then be inserted into that slot before use.
It must be noted that the Light Launcher LR suffers from similar recoil and roughness issues as by its one-directional spin counterpart, Light Launcher 2.

I've re-worded this section, but thanks for the work putting it together initially iBeyblader. Smile
Added the abbreviation and recoil issues part.
Not really well worded, but yeah. Smile
Thanks Kei and Janstarblast, that looks a lot better than the original, lol Smile
(Dec. 23, 2011  8:52 PM)Kei Wrote: When the Launchers & Accessories article is complete, we're going to include a section comparing the launcher power of each MFB shooter, similar to what was done in the "Complaints about the Light Launcher" section of the current Light Launcher article. That's where the information you posted about the Light Launcher 2 will come in.

Can someone do the same thing for the Snipe Launcher and BeyLauncher?

Anyone? We also need a section for the Snipe Launcher written still (I would do it myself, but I don't have one). When that's done, both articles will be finished! I'll just have to add in the section comparing the launch power of each shooter.