[LTD] Virgo ED145 MF

Poll: Is Virgo ED145 MF top tier worthy?

Absolutely!
7.69%
Needs more testings
76.92%
Not at all!
15.38%
Total: 100% 13 vote(s)
Virgo ED145 MF

This is my first testing thread, so if anything is incorrect, please just tell me Smile

The reason for this combo is for mobile Defense, but was more of an anti-Attack combo, which worked out great for this combo. It doesn't do great again anything really, besides Attack, which is its purpose.

Also, format used is from Stormscorpio!

Parts choice

Testings

Final Thoughts
Thanks for posting these tests! Can you test against Ronin Girago 90RF?
(Aug. 30, 2015  12:22 AM)UltimateOrion Wrote: Thanks for posting these tests! Can you test against Ronin Girago 90RF?

Thank you!

Sadly, my LR launcher is broken and I don't have a left spin launcher... Unhappy
Very interesting combo, I only wish that I had a Virgo so I see this in action lol. What made you decide to use Earth Aquario W145 RSF as a stamina test?
(Aug. 30, 2015  12:30 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Very interesting combo, I only wish that I had a Virgo so I see this in action lol. What made you decide to use Earth Aquario W145 RSF as a stamina test?

I'll post a video of a match against Omega later. Smile

I've actually had no experience with RSF; I have never used it in a tournament. I decided to do a stamina and Defense hybrid, as this is what this combo is, to see how it did.
It's great against attack, I'm wondering how it's unable to beat an Earth RSF more than 50%, seems capable of some stamina.
(Aug. 30, 2015  1:10 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: It's great against attack, I'm wondering how it's unable to beat an Earth RSF more than 50%, seems capable of some stamina.

MTDC would generally outspin, so I am happy or actually got 50%. Smile

Also, they have about the same stamina, and I was alternating which Bey was launched each round.
Sorry I have not gotten the tests for this combo for you, but it seems like whenever I use it, it gets destroyed by attack... especially left spinners.
Oh cool, I was playing around with Night MF LTACs a while back, and I was wondering if Virgo was any improvement since I couldn't seem to get Night to work very well.

These tests are nice, and I wanted to comment but I didn't really have time to post in this thread until now. What is your Virgo's solo spin time? Virgo are prone to wild variations in spin times (though I don't recall if actual mold differences were ever confirmed) and if yours is on the lower side of the spectrum that could explain why it has so much trouble OSing. Like 1234beyblade said it seems like Attack should get a much higher winrate. Is ED145 doing any work in getting those numbers against Attack? If not have you considered shortening the combo to like 90 or 85? That would give it a lower center of gravity so it would have better balance (and maybe make it faster but if I'm just spouting pseudo-science feel free to ignore me), and would take advantage of Virgo's Upper Smash way more than ED145 could unless you're facing like a 230 height.

But yeah, overall it's cool to see someone had a similar thought process to me when coming up with a combo. For your first testing thread this is pretty good!
Quote:Virgo are prone to wild variations in spin times (though I don't recall if actual mold differences were ever confirmed)

So, maybe other people noticed this too, but I was certainly the first — I ordered like 11 Reshuffle sets and even from that selection alone, the variation in spin time was extreme (like a minute between the bottom and top, at least). I don't think it had anything to do with mold differences, seemed to be random manufacturing variance.
Holy cow ... has there ever been a better time to get into MFB? lol
AHHH PISCES! Ah now I can't decide what to get first?!
(Aug. 30, 2015  11:22 PM)Wombat Wrote: Oh cool, I was playing around with Night MF LTACs a while back, and I was wondering if Virgo was any improvement since I couldn't seem to get Night to work very well.

These tests are nice, and I wanted to comment but I didn't really have time to post in this thread until now. What is your Virgo's solo spin time? Virgo are prone to wild variations in spin times (though I don't recall if actual mold differences were ever confirmed) and if yours is on the lower side of the spectrum that could explain why it has so much trouble OSing. Like 1234beyblade said it seems like Attack should get a much higher winrate. Is ED145 doing any work in getting those numbers against Attack? If not have you considered shortening the combo to like 90 or 85? That would give it a lower center of gravity so it would have better balance (and maybe make it faster but if I'm just spouting pseudo-science feel free to ignore me), and would take advantage of Virgo's Upper Smash way more than ED145 could unless you're facing like a 230 height.

But yeah, overall it's cool to see someone had a similar thought process to me when coming up with a combo. For your first testing thread this is pretty good!

Thanks for this post Wombat!

I just did 3 quick spin tests, all of the, getting between 2:30 and 2:40 (Virgo W145 WD)

ED145 actually has done some defending against lower attackers, but right now I'm trying 85:
Not too bad! Might try CH120 after I'm done 85 Testings. Smile

The upper Attack from Virgo has been great, and does have smash. Definitely doing more 85 Testings!
Thank you for the testings!

I expect this combo OS's every Libra defense combo as well right? It should be able to. If you're going for pure stamina, why not use W145 or AD145 instead of ED145?

Tests against Omega are surprising as well, but the whole thread looks good. Good job!
(Aug. 31, 2015  12:36 AM)LMAO Wrote: Thank you for the testings!

I expect this combo OS's every Libra defense combo as well right? It should be able to. If you're going for pure stamina, why not use W145 or AD145 instead of ED145?

Tests against Omega are surprising as well, but the whole thread looks good. Good job!

Thank you!

I don't have a Libra, so I can't test it.. But I will be ordering the super deck set hopefully today or tomorrow! Smile

Not going for pure stamina, more like a Defense and stamina hybrid. I'm doing Testings with 85, and the upper and smash is better!

Going to do some quick Omega Testings against Virgo 85 MF now. Smile
Wait, I suggested 90 to you as well on PM and you said it was too light or was KO'ed too easily.
(Aug. 31, 2015  12:40 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Wait, I suggested 90 to you as well on PM and you said it was too light or was KO'ed too easily.

I honestly do not know what is going on. 85 > 90 heavy than 90? I think I'm quitting Beyblade,,,

But seriously, before, 90 got 50%s! Now 85 is doing good... Really impressed with 85 on the Virgo, great upper.
I actually never got why people say 85 is better than 90 at first, the difference is barely half a millimeter! I always use to think they were the same. Same applies for 100 to 105 at first.
Whoah those Omega results man, honestly I would expect Omega to completely blow this thing out of the water. On another note cool to see some more innovation. Losing to Earth RSF is kinda scary considering this is on MF but whatever. The attack results look really cool but it would be nice to have some other member who has a Virgo try this out as well.

Well thanks for the thread man, always cool to see some new combo!
(Aug. 31, 2015  12:48 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I actually never got why people say 85 is better than 90 at first, the difference is barely half a millimeter! I always use to think they were the same. Same applies for 100 to 105 at first.

The smallest change can be the biggest! Grin

Also, my Testings:
(Aug. 31, 2015  12:50 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Whoah those Omega results man, honestly I would expect Omega to completely blow this thing out of the water. On another note cool to see some more innovation. Losing to Earth RSF is kinda scary considering this is on MF but whatever. The attack results look really cool but it would be nice to have some other member who has a Virgo try this out as well.

Well thanks for the thread man, always cool to see some new combo!
Hey Thunder Dome,

I actually did those Testings twice (20 rounds each time) and got the exact same results both times.

Eh, I made this combo to defeat attack, so not too worried about that, Smile actually going to do W145 RSF vs Virgo 85 to see the results. Smile

Definitely hoping other members can too, and thank you for the comment.
Would you mind putting Omega back on 85 or 90 if you test it against Virgo 85/90 MF again? Omega doesn't usually do that great when the opponent is that much lower than you so that would be cool if you could put it on a lower track. Thanks!
(Aug. 31, 2015  1:11 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Would you mind putting Omega back on 85 or 90 if you test it against Virgo 85/90 MF again? Omega doesn't usually do that great when the opponent is that much lower than you so that would be cool if you could put it on a lower track. Thanks!

Virgo was close to getting KO'd a couple of times, but held up! Surprised it held up.
I'm surprised that Omega isn't totally destroying MF, that's really odd that Virgo has such good defense against an R2F attacker.

Could you make sure to do 20 tests against each Beyblade? It gives us a better understanding on how it would do. 10 rounds isn't enough to determine much Smile
(Aug. 31, 2015  1:41 AM)LMAO Wrote: I'm surprised that Omega isn't totally destroying MF, that's really odd that Virgo has such good defense against an R2F attacker.

Could you make sure to do 20 tests against each Beyblade? It gives us a better understanding on how it would do. 10 rounds isn't enough to determine much Smile

In a couple of rounds, it took massize beatings, and was lucky when it got 1 wall save.

Sure! I'll do them right now. Smile just wanted to throw some quick Testings out there.

EDIT: done LMAO!