[LTD] Quetzalcoatl (Metal System Wheel) Discussion

After probably over a year of telling people "Quetz is actually good take my word for it" I finally got around to doing formal tests on it lol. Despite being top tier back in the day it's been super neglected in Limited compared to its contemporary Pegasis for whatever reason. In my experience it's a viable Attack Wheel and a candidate for the Limited Top-Tier list.

Equipment & Procedure
BB-10
Beylauncher L & Beylauncher R
Non-Attack Types always launched first
All Right Spin combos Weak Launched vs Dark Knight, except Quetz which got a moderate launch
In the Attack vs Attack test I alternated launches
Attack types Sliding Shot vs Defense/Stamina, Stalled vs Attack

Vs. Defense

Vs. Stamina

Vs. Attack

So in my experience it seems that Quetzalcoatl's Upper Smash is on par with Dark Knight's Upper Attack in terms of power, but Dark Knight still has better range. While Quetz needs CH120 to KO/OS 230 height opponents with some consistency (and switching to CH120 makes you lose some power vs LTDC), on 85 it is much more effective vs LTDC. Additionally, it performs well vs Dark Knight, and while I haven't tested it vs other Attackers, the strategy it uses to defeat them probably works similarly well. So yeah basically just another LTAC Wheel, but IMO it's one of the better ones.
Awesome thread, thanks for sharing.
Thank you a lot for the testings wombat. Smile
i have a death quetzalcoatl and the death fusion wheel is one of the best balance fusion wheels of all time , and it's defence mode gives competition to twisted and diablo and because of the rubber tip it also sometimes defeats diablo nemesis
(Apr. 20, 2017  5:53 PM)ryukai Wrote: i have a death quetzalcoatl and the death fusion wheel is one of the best balance fusion wheels of all time , and it's defence mode gives competition to twisted and diablo and because of the rubber tip it also sometimes defeats diablo nemesis

I think they're talking bout the regular pre hws wheel (I think that's what they call em). One that got the parts 90WF