[LTD] Gravity Perseus D125GCF

Ahh, I get it. I forgot 'bout that.

When I done tests against Gravity v Gravity, this did get destroyed.
Hey hey hey! Grin It's limited's Genbull Dragooon T125GCF!!!

I love this thing! I was actually already planning on using it this following limited tourney. Eee This is a super stellar combo!! Kudos for posting this thread. Smile BTW, this should obliterate any Defense combo by OS, and it'll KO/OS the carp out of anything Stamina for the most part.

The only thing you really have to worry about is some crazy high-powered attacker.
Yep Smile, and I also found another pretty good counter for this. It's Gravity Perseus 230CS (left spin). It sounds terrible but it actually stopped D125GCF right in its tracks and OSed it in the end. It was pretty cool! I didn't do 20 round because I will be leaving soon, but from the 12 rounds I did do, here is what I got:

Gravity Perseus D125GCF vs. Gravity Perseus 230CS
GCF: 2 wins (both KO)
CS: 10 wins (9 OS, 1 KO)
Gravity Perseus D125GCF win percentage: Like 16-17% (don't judge, I did the math in my head XD)

I'd like to see some tests against this to! I hope a lot of people can test this thing. I am just gla to know what it can b defeated.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Uh, Gravity is dual spin, so against left spin you just use right spin (Beylauncher L/R, using different spin directions for different battles in a match was legal last I checked), and your results shouldn't be markedly worse at all.

Gravity and Variares are the only things you have to worry about in terms of different spin directions, where they'll be trying to predict the direction you use and you'll be trying to pick the opposite direction to them. That's why I said against opposing gravity combos it'd come down to chance with spin direction choice basically - and even then that only means gravity becomes even more dominant.

Also most Chrome Wheels have solid weight for this format - Samurai Revizer weighs around the same as Earth Bull - and chrome wheel defenders are viable for pure defense, but they have awful stamina (at least in revizer's case) which means this combo can probably OS most of them. The problem is that because of their poor stamina, any left spin chrome wheel defender is going to get destroyed by every other defense and stamina setup in the format, most likely.
Okay, so my Theif Phoenic arrived today, so I can test this. On the off chance you see this beforehand though, Tri (because for some reason I didn't ask earlier), was there a reason you chose D125 over CH120? Was it just because of the combo you based it on or was there a specific reason?
D125 just seem more of a centralized height, and yes it was highly because of what it's based on. I suppose CH120's height change gimmick could actually be of some use, but I'm not sure. I will try it out.
Gravity D125 was always more popular than CH120 but as far as I could tell that was only because the first person to use it for attack used D125 solely because he didn't have CH120 and everyone just copied that. Perhaps it's marginally better against some heights but I'm sure the height change would have more use (though you need to use an implement like one of the longer facebolt set tools to get under gcf and adjust CH120 haha).

Anyways, I'll look into testing the combo you posted against some important combos I'm curious about the matchup with and probably also against attack to see how it goes for me. Maybe if I get time another day I'll also do something with like Gravity Perseus (ATK, Counter) CH120GCF just to see how that does in comparison but probably not today as I have a lot on my plate haha.
I had a lot of trouble with Self-KO with this (as well as with CF) because the tips kept acting like wheels and flinging themselves out when tornado stalling, I had to launch like 60-70% strength and aim for early contact with the combo I was facing to have a chance to OS or KO it, and even then sometimes equalization would mean gravity still managed to self KO. to me it just seems too low/light to be safe on GCF or CF (based on trying Gravity Perseus 230GCF and Libra D125GCF which don't self KO). As such, I only did one set of tests as it became pretty annoying and I'm not sure if it's maybe my stadium being in relatively poor condition (no cracks etc on the playing surface, so it shouldn't be but who knows maybe the TR is worn or something????), or maybe it's because my launch isn't stable enough and that's a problem with the circle flats unlike xf, so yeah. I did try an MF-H and it helped a bit but I still had trouble with post-hit self KO's and it seemed to make it much harder to OS stuff so I don't feel that it justifies me redoing these tests with it. Anyhow:

Gravity Perseus (Defense, Counter) D125GCF vs MF-H Libra 230CS
Gravity in Left spin, Libra launches first, banked shot aiming to KO because tornado stalling against it didn't work in pre-testing.
Tested against this because it's a strong balance custom with a notable ability to OS lower opponents by knocking them over by sitting on them because have I made enough fat jokes about libra yet?
Early contact should also theoretically let gravity equalise with libra a little before it runs off to tornado stall hopefully destabilising libra in the process, it's a tactic I used to use a lot with MF MLD CH120XF with successful results.
Detailed Results (Click to View)
Gravity: 10/20 = 50% (3KO, 7OS)
Libra: 10/20 = 50% (2KO, 8OS)

Keep in mind I disregarded the many times gravity took a hit then went to the ridge and scraped out for fairness on the combo, if I counted those Libra would have won by a mile.

So yeah at least for me, not something I'd be comfortable using at a tournament.
Here is something you didn't test against Tri.
Burn Cygnus 85MF vs MF-L Gravity Perseus(Atk Ver, Left Spin)D125GCF
Alternating launches.
Burn wins: 6/20(all KO)
Perseus wins: 14/20(13 KO, 1 OS)
Perseus Win Percentage: 70%
Woah... I just read back through those thread, and I don't know how the heck anyone is getting results against Attack that are that high.

With a high-powered Attack type, you should wreck this thing. You just have bank, and one hit con it near the TR and it's gone. I actually took down Gravity X : D with an attacker pretty easily last tournament. I can't imagine GCF could be much more difficult. Also, LTSC/LTDC/LTAC should stomp this.

Of course, this is all completely subjective and I have no testing to confirm any of it, so I'm probably completely wrong. XD Time to try this out...

Perseus was used in counter mode, always In the opposite spin to to its opponent unless otherwise specified.

Quote:Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F vs. Gravity Perseus D125GCF
Perseus always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Horuseus: 11 (0 OS, 11 KO)
Perseus: 9 (5 OS, 4 KO)
Horuseus Win %: 55.0%

Cosmic Unicorno II R1452F vs. Gravity Perseus D125GCF
Unicorno: 6 (0 OS, 6 KO)
Perseus: 14 (5 OS, 9 KO)
Unicorno Win %: 30.0%

Cosmic Unicorno II CH1202F vs. Gravity Perseus D125GCF
Unicorno: 8 (0 OS, 8 KO)
Perseus: 12 (3 OS, 9 KO)
Unicorno Win %: 40.0%

Beat Lynx H145R2F vs. Gravity Perseus D125GCF
Lynx: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Perseus: 10 (1 OS, 9 KO)
Lynx Win %: 0.0%

Lightning L-Drago 90R2F vs. Gravity Perseus D125GCF
L-Drago: 7 (0 OS, 7 KO)
Perseus: 13 (7 OS, 6 KO)
L-Drago Win %: 35.0%

... Wow. Just... Wow. I was completely wrong.

Can I just say that this thing is waaaay lower to the ground than I expected? It was the perfect height for shoveling up under the 145-height attackers, and blocking the LTAC customs at the same time. It's also able to recover its speed far faster than its opponent, which makes it very difficult to land more than one solid hit on it.

Let's try against LTDC...

Quote:Earth Aquario 85CS vs. Gravity Perseus D125GCF
Aquario always launched first.
Aquario: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Perseus: 10 (9 OS, 1 KO)
Aquario Win %: 0.0%

Fail. That's very disturbing.

I know this won't be able to OS a right spin LTSC, so I'll see if I can KO in right-spin...

Quote:Earth Cancer 85WD vs. Gravity Perseus D125GCF
Cancer always launched first.
Cancer: 5 (5 OS, 0 KO)
Perseus: 15 (2 OS, 13 KO)
Cancer Win %: 25.0%

Alright, not only is this thing insanely dominant, but, without the presence of RDF in this format to take it down on a Defense setup, I'm gonna go as far to say that it's downright broken.

I can totally see more of a pressing reason to ban Gravity after testing this thing. Confused
So how does it go in terms of Self-KO for you guys then? Is what I am getting (a lot of them) unusual, am I launching wrong or what?

Also if someone else wants to test against MF-H Libra 230CS that would be good.
I'm not getting that many self KO's, I just straight launch.
I actually didn't get any...

Granted, I wasn't launching any higher that 90% for fear that I would.
Seeing these results, this thing is nearly unstoppable, haha.

I did some more attack tests, I really need to add this stuff to the OP soon!

Gravity was used in left spin:
MF-L Gravity Perseus D125GCF vs. MF-H Cosmic Unicorno R145R2F
Gravity: 10 wins (3 OS, 7 KO)
Cosmic: 10 wins (All KO)
Gravity win percentage: 50%

Both in left spin:
MF-L Gravity Perseus D125GCF vs. MF-H Gravity Perseus D125R2F
Gravity GCF: 4 wins (1 KO, 3 OS)
Gravity R2F: 16 wins (All KO)
Gravity GCF win percentage: 20%

Gravity in left spin:
MF-L Gravity Perseus D125GCF vs. MF-H Spiral Horogium 85RF
Gravity: 15 wins (1 OS, 14 KO)
Spiral: 5 wins (All KO)
Gravity win percentage: 75%

Well, I'm convinced this thing is broken, haha.

Alexandrite face bound
Hm, well the next step would be to loose libra on it. MF-H Libra 230CS and MF-H Libra CH120RF, if someone can do those. Two person testing would also be good for the atk v atk stuff.

I used one of my launchers that has lost string length over time and I'm not self KOing so much unless I launch particularly hard, but it's still to the point where I wouldn't touch this thing at a tournament. Maybe I'll see if one of the old perth members will sell me their stadium at a good price, in case that's what's up (I might give TA a shot but the tornado ridge in that is thicker anyway so). I doubt it but hey who knows my stadium has seen a lot more use than most people's apparently do before needing replacement so maybe the TR got worn down a bit somehow?????????? Seriously doubt it though.

EDIT: Gave my stadium a good clean, used my weaker launcher, so it's not self KOing too much as long as I launch stable enough, and does a lot better against MF-H Libra 230CS, but MF-H Libra CH120RF seems to do okay. Not super incredible and two fast moving tips means it'll always be kinda dicey but Libra seems to do better out of the collisions (especially if gravity hits it so it stalls in place and then hits it again - gravity seems to just bounce off it and out of the stadium), though it could all come down to launch etc etc so really it would be hard to tell without 2 person matchups. Also, this is more of an interesting occurrence than a tactic but if you launch bakushin 90rsf just right so gravity catches just the edge of it while tornado stalling, gravity quite often will just ramp itself straight out of the stadium.

It still strikes me as suffering from the same problem MF MLD CH120XF did - it does well in testing where the user has control over most of the variables, but not so much at tournaments, where there are nerves, more distractions and most importantly, simultaneous launching - from what I saw using it against attack, it seemed like it really needed to get up to full speed, stable tornado stalling before any contact is made or it just flies out, which is the kinda thing that is very different between solo testing and 1v1. It might be really good but it might also not be nearly as broken as it seems.
Is it still a good combo if I used the Perseus stamina version and CF instead? I can't find my GCF and my original Perseus is cracked. Also what mode does it have to be in?
Gravity is no longer legal in Limited Format, I'm afraid. CF is discussed in the opening post, and there was not heavy experimentation with the different perseus clear wheels in this combination, so it would be hard to say.
Omg nuuuuu! Ox I had my entire limited setup based on gravity xc is meteo still legal?