[LTD] Duo Discussion

[LTD] Duo Discussion

Figured I'd post a thread to compare and test the hasbro metal fury Duo against the TT one, call me crazy but they perform similar when it comes to stamina.

Pictures:

Equipment:
Request tests if you want!

Tests

Defense tests:

Stamina tests:

Attack tests:

As you can see, the Hasbro Duo performs extremely well against Earth defense and stamina.
Tests please!

When it comes to stamina my H duo doesn't stand a chance against my TT phantom (it's roughly equal to TT Duo, thats what i heard.....) in a hasbro stadium.
Um, you need test results to back your theory up.
Tests in progress, any requests against the hasbro Duo?
The basics: earth WD and RSF/CS, gravity rf/r2f etc. Smile
Tests with 230 D should be a top priority. If some could be done soon, it'd be great.

(Against Earth Stamina and Defense, Gravity Attack)
I'm actually working on Phase 2 of the Metal Fury Project as we speak, and I'll have Duo testing in there when I post it. I can post them here too if you'd like when I'm done!

But yah, you're actually not allowed to make a thread with no tests. XD
I'm terribly sorry TBD but tests have been added in the OP now, more tests tomorrow also I took your advice DK and Leone19 I tested against earth defense and stamina, unfortunately I don't own a gravity metal wheel (yet).
Sure, it would be great when you post the Duo testing for the Metal Fury Project Phase 2 here as well as in the thread Smile
Solo Spin Times:
4:06
4:26
4:05
4:16
3:56

Average: 4:02

Stamina Tests:

Defense Tests:
^ Thank you so much ! Those defense tests against Gravity are sad to see. Pinching_eyes

@OrionBlade: You should refrain from posting any threads unless you have properly read the rules for testing, and have all the correct content in the OP. Your defense tests weren't even testing it's defense, lol.
Very promising results so far.

I do not really see it being used well for Defense, but it looks like it can occasionally hold its own against Attack.

Could someone test:

MF-L Duo Gasher W145 WD

I would also like to see some tests of Duo on 85 as well as TH170.
If you can't provide useful tests, don't make a thread, especially for such an important wheel. There's a thread that blatantly tells you what to test against etc... Eurgh.

@Zancrow: Thankyou for those legitimately useful and insightful tests. You really should've been the one to make this thread.

Looks like Duo isn't too ridiculous though I am kinda concerned about what it's going to do to stamina. Tests against scythe with both on 230D would be interesting.
I was actually in the process of making it, when to sleep and awoke to this one lol. So I just pasted my tests in here. It's a good stamina wheel for sure, but it getting KO'ed by Burn so many times is worrying me.
I don't have the Metal Fury Scythe, sadly. :\
Though I could use the Takara Tomy Scythe and that would be an interesting way to evaluate how good Duo really is. Maybe?
I would've refrained from posting and just reported this one, seeing as it doesn't meet the actual requirements (I'd also advise others to report threads like this when they spot them, so that this doesn't happen again). Sure we'd have to wait longer for good tests, but that would be Orionblade's fault for making a thread without useful information in the first place, not yours for actually taking the time to do the job properly. Perhaps I'm being too harsh, but I've always hated people rushing to do an incompetent job of important things, and Duo was perhaps the single most hotly anticipated wheel in the format, most certainly for me anyway - particularly because I was curious about its defense, so waking up to see a thread with stamina testing against EARTH ON RSF (seriously what would you expect it to do, lose????), knowing that someone was very close to doing a competent job of it, has not exactly been a wonderful experience... Orionblade, you'd best make up for it by maintaining the OP properly - incorporate a list of others tests with proper formatting etc in the OP, if you need help doing it I can find you an example of someone doing a good job of this, just PM me.

Anyway Zancrow, do you (or anyone else) even have like a kitchen scale for weighing things you could stick it and then Earth (for comparison) on? It must be lighter than I expected for that to be happening. Takara scythe wouldn't be that useful, sadly. You'd also probably end up with 10KO's to scythe after the first 10 rounds, given how Takara Scythe is very capable of knocking out most of the limited format iirc and that this thing is struggling to stay in against Burn.

EDIT: Wait was this thread made without any actual tests? You're telling me someone made a thread for what is arguably the most anticipated wheel in the format, when someone else - someone who is a very competent tester and member - had already said they were working on it, and did so without a single test to base it on? Can someone delete this and let Zancrow make a new one instead? It's not like the tests in the OP are particularly useful anyway, and making a thread without tests is completely against the rules of the customization forum.
None that I actually know of, but I could try looking around the house. And yeah, you're probably right, if Burn is KOing this, then TT Scythe would probably have a field day with hit.
I'll just close this thread, and Zancrow can open a new thread if he wishes, otherwise anyone else can once they've tested it properly ~