[LTD] Beat (Metal Fury) Discussion

Fake tests (Click to View)
Could you do gravity perseus h145rf vs. beat _____ h145rf?
Yeah, sure. I do think Gravity will win though. Looking at the meta.
From what I've heard about Beat, it has terrible recoil problems, even with a MF-H. I don't see top tier use for it. I don't have one to try out unfortuantely.
(Dec. 27, 2013  3:54 AM)Tri Wrote: From what I've heard about Beat, it has terrible recoil problems, even with a MF-H. I don't see top tier use for it. I don't have one to try out unfortuantely.

... Beat is utterly amazing. It is probably the highest-powered Attack wheel in Limited format.

It's like Limited's Wyvang. The. Thing. Is. INSANE.
It would be good to copy over TBD's tests from his metal fury project thread, with the gravity tests as benchmarks, as those results look pretty low haha.

dragon KING: Gravity is better off using R145 which has a great weight distribution and exposes the "chins" of its jaws allowing it to hit LTDC hard than H145 which is surprisingly inneffectual at hitting lower opponents from what I played around with yesterday (SW145 is the only thing that seems to have any real ability to hit stuff hard as a track and it has some really severe recoil and you lose R145's weight and weight distribution).

Either way, I'll play around with Beat when mine arrives and see what I think works best for it. CH120 has been working real nice for me so far in terms of hitting LTDC decently hard (though Bakishin still does really well), so that would be a good track to test it with too, and then see if it can still hurt Earth 230RSF.

EDIT: Oh, I had a question for those with Beat. I played around with my TT Beat again today and noticed it suffers from the same problem as vulcan re: being mostly a circle with a few little gaps, if not moreso, in that oftentimes it'll hit the opponent and do nothing because it hit with the sides rather than the gap (partially why heavy banking was used, IIRC). While CH120 etc might help with this by letting it use the metal that replaced the PC Frame, I was wondering if anyone had noticed similar occurring with Metal Fury Beat, or if not (which I assume to be the case from people raving about it) why this doesn't seem to be happening with it.
Fake tests (Click to View)
Metal Fury Beat seems to suffer from the same problem the original did - it's mostly circular walls. Was hoping the metal PC Frame substitute would improve that on low tracks but on 90 it seemed pretty inneffective against 145 (great against 120). Beat has a lot of power, sure, but it doesn't use it often enough compared to something like gravity which is less powerful but covered in effective contact points (particularly in left spin). Perhaps I'm just not using it right or having received Scythe on the same day has hurt my perspective but yeah, as of right now I'm not a fan. Will do some tests with it in time, preoccupied with Scythe at the moment.

EDIT:
Can confirm the following CW's will work well on beat without any risk of getting in the way or whatever:
Lynx, Horogium, Uranus, Byxis, Horuseus. I don't quite like Lynx and Horuseus as much because of how thick they are at certain points but I really doubt it matters.

Got a bunch more I want to give the old 'do i hear the deeply unsettling sound of plastic on metal contact' test before I say anything about, seeing as the front edge of what used to be the PC Frame is a major contact point.

Also in case no one saw my post in the weights thread, Beat is 32.33g, and a little smaller in every dimension than the original.

EDIT 2: Hold up, MF-H Beat Lynx GB145LRF, with heavy banking rocks. Consistently (though obviously not so much against LTDC haha). H145 does have a chance against LTDC, but against everything else, GB145 seems blatantly superior to me, Beat seems to like the weight and GB145 puts it in a real nice place (H145 looks nice but its weight isn't under the contact points so much as under everything else.)
(EDIT 3: this didn't last)
TBD responded to my post before I could post it here, but I did some tests of Beat here on 90, in comparison to Vulcan and Screw. It did very poorly.
Here's that post: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-Vulcan-Discussion

Anyway, decided I'd respond here:
(Mar. 04, 2014  1:38 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Any who, about Beat, I personally never found it that great on LTAC. Even if you're having problems on 90, I think if you compare it to Vulcan on H145, your results will be a loooot different. Since Beat's walls end quite abruptly, with a straight 45 degree angle jointed to a 90 degree angle (which, together are pretty short in light of Beat's size) rather than a gradual slope, like Vulcan, getting underneath stuff is really difficult, but when the thing hits side-on at a 145 height... Yah, it's kinda nuts LOL.

Keep in mind the 90 vs 90 tests were side on, so IMO if Beat *did* manage to outdo vulcan at 145 it'd probably only be because Vulcan is not very good at 145 anyway (have my suspicions about the reasons - aside from that middling results in the 90 v 90 tests already, I kinda think the way its walls slope upwards and outwards may have something to do with it). I've tried pretty much everything imaginable on Beat (GB145 worked best for me against opposing 145, but it was still really inconsistent), but it always has the same problem - appalling inconsistency because a lot of hits are just with its round walls - and I don't think 145 height tracks are going to help that too significantly even with banking.
I was hoping that on 90 the metal pc frame replacement would help provide aggression against a taller opponent it could get under, but that didn't really work out. Remember it was hitting side on in the 90 vs 90 hits anyway, as was Vulcan for the most part.

Anyway, I sat down and did those 145-height tests:

MF-H Vulcan (Mold 2) Giraffe GB145RF vs MF-H Libra R145CS
Detailed Results (Click to View)
Vulcan: 15/20 = 75% (All KO)
Libra: 5/20 = % (1KO, 4OS)

That's a much bigger number than when I did my batch attack testing using Vulcan h145 vs earth gb145cs – I did later edit that post to point out that GB145 is much better on Vulcan than H145, which is part of it, and the CS I'm using may not have quite as good defense – those initial tests were done with a near mint one, this one's rubber is quite worn. My sliding shot has also improved quite dramatically since then due to practice and switching to oiled ripcord launchers, which I'm more comfortable with for right spin sliding shots.

MF-H Beat Giraffe GB145RF vs MF-H Libra R145CS
Detailed Results (Click to View)
Beat: 12/20 = 60% (All KO)
Libra: 8/20 = 40% (1KO, 7OS)

Beat was exactly the same as yesterday – it circles wider than Vulcan still (I redid a lot of matches where I felt my launch wasn't tight enough), and far too many of its hits just bounce off doing absolutely nothing, and honestly Vulcan seemed more powerful today too.

So yeah, IDK, Beat is really inconsistent and overall pretty lame for me. Not the first time it has happened to me with an Attack wheel, and I don't doubt the tests others have provided, but for me it is very much unspectacular.
It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Had the time to redo the the one against Earth_GB145CS, with no metal face, however, actually getting 11/20, too!:

Note: All self knockouts were redone, for more a more accurate outcome.

MF-H Beat Lynx 90R2F vs Earth Aquario GB145CS:
R2F ᴀɴᴅ CS sᴇᴍɪ-ᴡᴏʀɴ - Eᴀʀᴛʜ Lᴀᴜɴᴄʜᴇᴅ Fɪʀsᴛ ᴀʟʟ Mᴀᴛᴄʜᴇs
Beat Variant: (0 OS'S, 11 KO'S)
Opposing Variation: (9 OS'S, 0 KO'S)
Beat Lynx Win Rate: 55%

Honest to god, these weren't fake results, I swear. This was definitely just a coincidence. It probably could have done better, have of it got a better smash off Aquario the other nine matches.