[LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA] Best in the West OFFICIAL!

(Apr. 25, 2011  2:16 AM)Deikailo Wrote: What's NJHS?
I think its his high school because of the HS
Also when is the date for this
need to know
The date would depend entirely on the venue's availability. You're better off planning for June to build some hype.
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:21 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:16 AM)Deikailo Wrote: What's NJHS?
I think its his high school because of the HS
Also when is the date for this
need to know

NJHS is National Junior Honor Society. We do community service and stuff. Yeah, I know, LAME. XD

If it was in summer, that would be cool. Sin City Summer Showdown.
I'll be in Vegas from
May 23-28!
Let's throw down!
So I would come, it would have to be in June.
I'm too busy for April and May
also I can bring some friends in June
Wow, I just totally remembered this. I know it's kind of obvious, but we will be using the MFB Standard Rules. Also, it looks like we'llbe doing block round robin.
If BDaichi is going to Vegas and participates, you guys shouldnt have a problem getting your tournament approved. You also won't need to call me to figure out the small stuff. :p
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:35 AM)Deikailo Wrote: If BDaichi is going to Vegas and participates, you guys shouldnt have a problem getting your tournament approved. You also won't need to call me to figure out the small stuff. :p

Yeah, hopefully we can learn alot on the get-go. Smile

And why would BDaichi's participation help us? Sorry, I've never really seen him that much on the WBO.
(Apr. 25, 2011  1:36 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Sin City Showdown

Next tournament can be called "Poker Facebolt" lol

Bad Beymance?
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:41 AM)Ink. Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:35 AM)Deikailo Wrote: If BDaichi is going to Vegas and participates, you guys shouldnt have a problem getting your tournament approved. You also won't need to call me to figure out the small stuff. :p

And why would BDaichi's participation help us? Sorry, I've never really seen him that much on the WBO.

He's cool, and knows the rules.
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:42 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2011  1:36 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Sin City Showdown

Next tournament can be called "Poker Facebolt" lol

Bad Beymance?
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:41 AM)Ink. Wrote:

He's cool, and knows the rules.

Oh, okay, thanks Nano. So lets try and get the tournament going when BDaichi's here.
Which happens to be Beyday weekend, FYI
Are there any suggestions on what the poster should be? I want it to be a rusty black-and-white-with-some-things-red-on-it, but I can't decide what designs to put on there... Like, what should the mascot Bey be? I think Johannes (the guy who has Beat Lynx) would be good.

Speaking of Beat Lynx, I think I'll splurge and get RBV7 as the grand prize. Now I REALLY need to win. Okay! Tonight, I must start working on combos.
(Apr. 25, 2011  2:51 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Which happens to be Beyday weekend, FYI

Beyday? What's that? SORRY, I'm just really new.
Bey Day is a weekend long event where everyone hosts tournaments world wide in that weekend (generally it's the last weekend in may). It started in 2009 when Rocky saved and pulled off Beyblade Spinoff on the same day as Beyblade War Room. After that, it's a tradition.
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Bey Day is a weekend long event where everyone hosts tournaments world wide in that weekend (generally it's the last weekend in may). It started in 2009 when Rocky saved and pulled off Beyblade Spinoff on the same day as Beyblade War Room. After that, it's a tradition.

Sweet. So our tournament will be held on BeyDay! That's good.

I'll go ask AkirasDaddy if he can get me a Beat Lynx here by May.
I just bought the last of his Beat Lynx so you'll have to tell him to get it for you in two weeks when the stores restock.
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:06 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I just bought the last of his Beat Lynx so you'll have to tell him to get it for you in two weeks when the stores restock.

ARGHHH I'll get one from JapanLinked. I have a really good idea for the poster now, going to work on it.
If you need me to colour it, I'm game.
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:16 AM)Deikailo Wrote: If you need me to colour it, I'm game.

Do you think you could make it? XD I tried and I totally failed. I am NOT good at Photoshop...
Sure. I'll get around to it tomorrow.
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:47 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Sure. I'll get around to it tomorrow.

Thx. Here's how I want it to look:

Half the screen is filled with the Las Vegas skyline.
Johannes is in the bottom right.
Beat Lynx is on the bottom left, with text next to it saying, "Grand Prize" along with the other prize Beys around it, which is Basalt Horogium for 2nd and Flame Byxis for third.
You can come up with a creative logo for the tournament, just of course make it Las Vegas related.
You can wait for this part, as all info isn't at the ready, but just put the general info on there.
The font for most of the text should look like the font on the MFB Explsion Boxes.
The whole thing should be grayscale, except for red fonts and Johannes will have red highlights.
The only thing with their original colors should be the prizes.
Finally, the poster must look rusted and tattered, like the Declaration of Independance.

If you have any better ideas on what it should look like, go ahead and do it! Thanks Deikailo!
I was just going to edit the fabulous las vegas sign to say Beyblade lol
(Apr. 25, 2011  4:53 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I was just going to edit the fabulous las vegas sign to say Beyblade lol

Well, I don't want to burden you, so do what you can.
Dude, that is so easy.

I'm just too lazy to install photoshop atm.

Okay, so what you need from me for this tournament is...

- A venue
- Tournament bracket sheets (full/block round robin)
- Flyers
- my number (which is already posted around the forums)
- sign-in sheets

I have to make flyers for my tournaments tomorrow anyway so it should work out. Am I missing anything otherwise?
Dei, you are awshtum. You got everything. I hope I can find your number...

Okay, a few things:

1. Judges. I can be one and so can OblivionX. Anyone else?
2. A shop. Anyone else can have one, I might.
3. Backup prizes, in case Gaurdian can't make it.
4. Little details. Music? Food?