L Drago H145D

Poll: Good?

Yes
34.04%
No
65.96%
Total: 100% 47 vote(s)
Just wondering how people think this custom would work out. And don't suggest Lightning L Drago, because I HATE the Lightning L Drago Wheel.
(Jul. 28, 2009  7:23 AM)Kaiten Cross Wrote: And don't suggest Lightning L Drago, because I HATE the Lightning L Drago Wheel.

why

also this combo has no synergy, attack-type wheel, tall attack-type track, stamina-type bottom, it's just going to sit in one place and get knocked around
What bottom would you suggest then. This set has to use the L Drago. And I just dilike the way Lightning L Drago looks.
What is your goal for this custom?

Anything that uses L Drago? The L Drago wheel has no real useful/good use, it's pretty bad all around IMO and many others'.

If you had to... I guess try an RF, hopefully the recoil you face will affect your opponents too?

A little more aesthetically pleasing could be L DragoWD145RF, since this custom doesn't seem to have any direction try that.
(Jul. 28, 2009  7:32 AM)Kaiten Cross Wrote: What bottom would you suggest then. This set has to use the L Drago. And I just dilike the way Lightning L Drago looks.

That's fine, but if you're trying to build a strong custom, looks aren't the important part.
Well, I would use it, but I have a minimum standard. I don't base entirely on looks, but I just can't tolerate something that hideous using the name "Drago." And my point is for a knockback design. Something for a quick KO. It doesn't NEED to be L Drago, but it can't be Lightning, and I'd prefer it be L Drago.
Really/ Lightning doesn't look that horrible. Have you seen it without the stickers? Looks a lot better IMO, definitely not along the lines of hideous.

If you're going for attack, low track, RF bottom. L Drago 90RF would be your best bet and even then the L Drago isn't exactly a competitive part. Lightning looks to be significantly better, could very well be a 1st Tier part.
Hmm, I was thinking low track too. And still, I find Lightning overly basic for a "Dragon" Beyblade. I find basic VERY visually displeasing, and as such find Lightning L Drago to be an insult.
Alright, well I won't try to convince you of otherwise, but I honestly don't understand the insult bit myself. I've seen plenty of ugly "dragon" beyblades before, Lightning isn't one of them. For an MFB I'm not sure how much... design you're looking for, looking at the pictures I don't see how it looks... "basic" the stickers are fugly but parts have as much detail as the next MFB.

Regardless one of the main points of success for any competitive attack type MFB is a low track. The higher the track, the less effectively the combination will be. Check out the MFB customization thread. Quetzalcoatl and Storm both work best with a part 90RF combination. Something you'll see is that L Drago has a rather poor smash attack if you're really aiming for a quick KO, Quetz, Storm Pegasis, and Lightning L Drago are probably you're only Tier 1 options. Sagittario would be your next option.

As far as tracks go, 105, 100, and 90 would all work, ideally you'd want a 90 track but they're hard to get a hold of 100 should suffice. For a bottom RF is what you'll want, but if you're really looking at putting a successful attack type together you'll just use the the Storm wheel the Storm Pegasis (or Stardust Pegasis) comes with.
Well, I also want Sardust Pegasis more, but I don't want to risk it with a Random Booster. And what does RF come from?
The RF bottom (Rubber Flat) comes with Stardust Pegasis or Storm Pegasis. you can pick up Stardust Pegasis by itself already apparently.
Uh, L-Drago is far more "basic" looking than Lightning L-Drago.
This topic is really all nonsense.. how the hell is it important what name a beyblade has..
When its spinning all you see is the colour.. if you don't like the colour .. paint it..
(Jul. 28, 2009  7:55 AM)Kaiten Cross Wrote: And still, I find Lightning overly basic for a "Dragon" Beyblade. I find basic VERY visually displeasing, and as such find Lightning L Drago to be an insult.

lol.
Yeah, L LDrago sure is an insult to the honorable title of "Dragon Beyblade" eh?
Sure glad you came along to set the record straight on how to be a Dragon Blader.
If you can't get past aesthetics then there's probably no reason for you to post combos and ask for help. You can simply just build the best looking custom that suits your taste and not have to worry about the competitive aspects of the game.
(Jul. 28, 2009  10:31 PM)Crimson Wrote: lol.
Yeah, L LDrago sure is an insult to the honorable title of "Dragon Beyblade" eh?
Sure glad you came along to set the record straight on how to be a Dragon Blader.

Is this sarcasm, or are you serious? If serious, I'm glad someone finally agrees with me.
(Jul. 28, 2009  10:55 PM)Kaiten Cross Wrote: Is this sarcasm, or are you serious? If serious, I'm glad someone finally agrees with me.

Serious question:

Do you care about building the best combos or the best looking combos?
Well, half and half. I want some good combos, and I want some that are strong.
(Jul. 29, 2009  6:35 AM)Kaiten Cross Wrote: Well, half and half. I want some good combos, and I want some that are strong.

Look, we've already told you that L-Drago isn't a good Beyblade. If you're unwilling to accept that, just drop the subject of building a good combo. This is seriously like asking "what's the best fried chicken i can make without oil?"

It's going to suck either way.
(Jul. 29, 2009  6:35 AM)Kaiten Cross Wrote: Well, half and half. I want some good combos, and I want some that are strong.

Find a quetzelcoatl and storm pegasus, then make a quetz 90RF... quetz isn't tecnically a dragon, but its as close as you will get if you don't want something that will get beaten every single time with a "good looking" "dragon" MFB. TBH I quite like the lightning wheel, if anything, it'll make the strongest zombie once the other required parts come out as well

Since the Ldrago clear wheel is so wide and can only be used with lightning, it really doesn't matter how 'plain' lightning is... but if u insist
I don't think Lighting will make a great "zombie" wheel. The protrusions seem very predominant. Zombies tend to be smoother with fewer points of contact.
Anyone who thinks Lightning will be a good Zombie wheel simply because it's left spin has no idea how zombies worked.
never studied into it back then =P even now there isn't too many people actually around me that plays for me to study it completely in depth
(Jul. 31, 2009  2:38 PM)Zero328 Wrote: never studied into it back then =P even now there isn't too many people actually around me that plays for me to study it completely in depth

Virgo DF145D would steal spin from this combo, not the other way around. The combo with better Stamina will be the one that steals spin.