L-Drago Guardian Draft

Any suggestions?
The language for the overall section isn't very professional.
Is this good? :

Quote:These Beyblade has seen some very versatile uses throughout the Beyblade Community. It has some niche uses. Its track and tip are very usefull. Overall, this beyblade is a worthwhile purchase.
Hey, so seeing as this is the L Drago Destroy article without FConfused, can this be published?
Can we get this published? I mean, the MW and CW are from L Drago Destroy's article, and the S130 and MB are from the Poison Giraffe article.
Quote:{{Beybox
| image = LDragoGuardian.jpg
| full item name = L Drago Guardian S130MB
| item number = BB-121
| beyblade system = [[Metal Fight Beyblade]]
| beyblade type = [[Defense]]
}}

__TOC__

'''Note:''' '''L Drago Guardian S130MB''' was released by [[TAKARA-TOMY]] and [[SonoKong]] alongside [[Duo Uranus 230WD]] and [[Wing Pegasis 90WF]], in BB-121, the [[Beyblade Ultimate DX Set]].
L Drago Guardian is TAKARA-TOMY's attempt to make a defensive version of L Drago Destroy.

==Face: L Drago III==
This Face mark features a more complete form of L Drago, while also showing a more aggressive design. "L Drago" isn't written anymore, and, instead, the rest of the dragon's neck is shown as well as its left hand, its right arm and its right shoulder.

==4D Metal Wheel: L Drago Guardian==
*'''Weight:''' 45.7 grams

Like all L Drago Wheels, L Drago Guardian is incompatible with other Wheel parts, and its gimmick is a mode change by rotation of the Metal Frame, as well as the reintroduction of rubber.

====Metal Frame====
*'''Weight:''' 39.7 grams
L Drago Guardian's Metal Frame is heavily inspired from L Drago Destroy, hence the name similarities. In fact, the shapes are almost identical, but L Drago Guardian was made to resemble three dragon heads adorned by armors, so the relief on this part is more inexistent and the jagged edges of L Drago Destroy are replaced by smooth, geometric angles. These armors are cut into overlapping segments, which create the only relief on the Metal Frame. There are some ornaments on the end of each segment, and each of the three dragon heads is designed to have a helmet too.

====Core====
*'''Weight:''' 6.0 grams
L-Drago Guardian's Core is exactly like L-Drago Destroy's Core as they both have a six-sided square design and feature rubber for spin-stealing and shock-absorption. Its only difference is the color: L-Drago Guardian's Core is composed of opaque black polycarbonate plastic with red rubber while L-Drago Destroy's is translucent blue with red rubber. It should also be noted that the Cores of both L-Drago Guardian and L-Drago Destroy are interchangeable with each other, as they are the same.

The Core is made of PC plastic as well as PVC rubber. It is comprised of six protrusions which act as the "teeth" for the Metal Frame's dragon heads; all six contain rubber, but only three expose rubber at the circumference where it can easily make contact with the opposing Beyblade, while the other three expose more plastic. The rubber protrusions can assist in Spin Stealing from right-spin Beyblades.

Like all 4D Metal Wheels, L-Drago Guardian features a mode-changing gimmick. It works by rotating the Metal Frame while the Beyblade is disassembled. The two Modes are:

----
*'''Attack Mode''':
In this mode, the rubber protrusions on the Core are aligned with the front of the "dragon heads" on the Metal Frame, exposing the latter to more contact.
*'''Absorption Mode''':
In this mode, the Core is rotated 180° so that the plastic protrusions on the Core are aligned with the front of the "dragon heads" of the Metal Frame, leaving the rubber segments of the Core between them.
----

Attack Mode is widely considered to be superior to Absorb Mode for Smash Attack. The rubber protrusions on the Core are covered for the most part by the dragon heads while in Absorb Mode, allowing for the plastic protrusions to make the bulk of the contact in combination with the Metal Frame. In Attack Mode, L-Drago Guardian can be considered an upgrade to the popular Lightning L-Drago for Attack, but it has since been outclassed for general use by Wheels like Blitz and VariAres, and Flash. L Drago Guardian does have spin-stealing abilities, but Meteo L Drago outclasses it. That being said, it is still a good choice.

===Use in Attack Customization===

Though it has less pure Smash Attack power than Metal Wheels like Blitz, VariAres, and Flash, what L Drago Guardian does have is less Recoil. This can make it a somewhat more reliable choice to play against Stamina customizations, which do not necessarily require the huge amount of brute force to be KOed found in Flash and VariAres. The customization '''MF L-Drago Guardian BD145MF''' can be used for this purpose; the reliability of L-Drago Guardian and the controllability of MF combine to make a usable Smash Attacker versus lightweight and tall-Track Stamina customs.

===Use in Balance Customization===
L Drago Guardian has use in the following Balance Customization; ''' L-Drago Guardian BD145 RDF''', which while is not top-tier, has placed in some tournaments for its spin-equalizing and defensive Metal Wheel.

==Gallery==

Image:LDG1.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian - Absorb Mode - top view
Image:LDG2.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian - Absorb Mode - 3/4 view
Image:LDG3.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian - Absorb Mode - side view
Image:LDG4.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian - Attack Mode - top view
Image:LDG-5.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian - Attack Mode - 3/4 view
Image:LDG-6.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian - Attack Mode - side view
Image:LDG 7.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian bottom view
Image:LDG8.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian Frame top view
Image:LDG9.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian Frame bottom view
Image:LDG-10.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian Core top view
Image:LDG11.jpg‎|L Drago Guardian Core bottom view
Image:LDG 12.jpg‎|Shield 130
Image:LDG 13.jpg‎|Shield 130 3/4 view
Image:LDG14.jpg‎|Metal Ball
Image:LDG-15.jpg‎|Metal Ball 3/4 view

==Overall==

L Drago Guardian S130MB is very useful. It has combos which, even though they are not top-tier, have proven to be definitely decent. S130 also has good use in top-tier Attack customizations, and MB is great for Balance combinations too. Overall, this Beyblade is not a must-have, but it is nevertheless a welcomed addition to any collection.

[[Category:Metal Fight Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

Great, thank you Kai-V. So this can be published?
We can wait a few more days to see if anybody has suggestions or criticism to add, but it should be fine.
So can i put this up?
Could we get this up?
Please don't spam bump.

There are some edits that still need to be made. I will do so later today, unless something comes up.
Shouldn't we add something about the texture of the rubber being a bit softer?

Quote:Its only differences are the texture of its rubber and its color: L-Drago Guardian's Core is composed of opaque black polycarbonate plastic with red rubber while L-Drago Destroy's is translucent blue with red rubber. The Core also has a different rubber texture when compared to L-Drago Destroy's Core; it is much softer, which in turn makes it the better choice for spin-equalizing combinations. Due to its softness, however, it also wears down more quickly.
Yes, it should be mentioned, however it is generally not a better choice for spin stealing combinations vs LDD - it has somewhat worse LAD and doesn't have significantly better spin stealing ability, though I would like to see comparative tests with the two. Rubber itself isn't really useful to spin stealers anyway - a round, low-recoil design is significantly better.

Sorry I haven't gotten to this yet, haven't had the time to sit down and focus on it. I'll try to get it done once I've updated the Burning Kerberous article in the next couple of days.
I happen to have LDG and I know plenty about it from experiences and research on it. Most of what he's said is true. He's forgotten to mention that it is also interchangable with LDrago Destructor. Though they do have differences other than color, they basically are somewhat the same, even if LDG is a, what some would call, a manipulated clone mold of LDrago Destroy. And from experiments, their rubber cores work best when switched with each other. They look best, as well. LDG's rubber core fits better with LD Destructor, and its colors are exact with Destructor's. Destructor's rubber core with LDG can produce better reach for spin-stealing in Absorb Mode, since it is all rubber, somewhat thicker, and the spikes reach out a bit more to the outerside, hitting the opponent more often. Destructor and its original core together just meet up as one whole wheel, nothing special. And LDG overcomes its original core in both modes, decreasing its spin-steal capabilities unless it is on a 160 track. 230 is too high, and wasn't made for speed to steal more spin.
Destructor's core is not "All Rubber" at all, and I would strongly question the other things you've said. Comparative measurements from someone else would be nice.
It seemed to be all rubber to me. And would you mind explaining what parts I'm incorrect about please?
(Dec. 06, 2012  5:41 AM)beycrafter01 Wrote: It seemed to be all rubber to me. And would you mind explaining what parts I'm incorrect about please?

The only error I pointed out was the rubber thing, however given your history it is not at all unreasonable to ask for others to verify these things - heck, I would ask the same of most members of this site bringing forward information I consider to be unlikely, such as the PC Cores of Destructor and Destroy/Guardian being different sizes. Destructor's PC Core also requires more comparative testing before anything about its performance can be stated on beywiki, though you are correct to point out that the compatibility probably warrants mentioning (though it was already on my to do list for when I make my edits).
I was just asking what errors you thought were present is all. Considering I have a Takara LDG and Hasbro Destructor, though I didn't think matters with the cores had any difference on the situation. Anyways, I was just stating what I've seen with my own tinkering. But I did notice the plastic in Destructor's core. It all being the same color gave it a disguise. And I did notice the diameter difference. As I noted that I know the cores have more differences than just color. They actually do well against my best combos when switched. And my best combos can hold up against plenty top-teir favored beys and customs. Of course, I'm not saying LDG and Destructor are great for spin-steal, as they are minor spin-stealers compared to Meteo LDrago and Ultimate MLD Absorb.
We've already seen that most of your best combos are not valid opponents for standard testing, and as I said, this is a situation where testing would be required, not just your word.
As I also said, given your history I would like the width thing to be examined by another member (and preferably one with the appropriate instruments to do so without risk of error), before it is included in beywiki.

Please don't have me waste more time repeating this again.
Well I guess we could go on and on with our thoughts on the subject, but to save us both time and energy, I'll just drop our conversation if you will, and whatever others have to say about the subject in this thread can go ahead and post it so we aren't stuck in this argument.
Th!nk, would this be good?

Quote:Its only differences are the texture of its rubber and its color: L-Drago Guardian's Core is composed of opaque black polycarbonate plastic with red rubber while L-Drago Destroy's is translucent blue with red rubber. The Core also has a different rubber texture when compared to L-Drago Destroy's Core; it is much softer, which in turn usually makes it the better choice for spin-equalizing combinations, but L Drago Destroy is overall better. Due to its softness, however, it also wears down more quickly.

As I said, it isn't a better choice, it's very situational and I'm not even sure what would happen with something like SA165, primarily whether the rubber makes contact with the stadium at the end of the battle, or not. I'll ask around if no one comes forward with anything, though.

I'm working on the draft right now, anyway, doing those final edits I said I'd sort out a while ago.
Great thanks for your help.