Konnichiwa... just to be different.

NAAAAAAA you blew my cover! XD

(Apr. 19, 2009  10:40 PM)Anubis Wrote: RAWR KIVVAS

LET IT RIP Supaburn

welcome to the WBO~
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

yeah you're right
(Apr. 19, 2009  10:57 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Are you a cat? :3

Feline, yes. I am enough of a complete twit to be a furry snob. I am an Asian Golden Cat, specifically.
ummm can we please not get into this here?
I hope this doesn't weird Brad out too much lmfao

edit: too late
(Apr. 19, 2009  11:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ummm can we please not get into this here?
But a part of an introduction is familiarizing ourselves with the new members, isn't it? D: Being an Asian Golden Cat is a part of her that I'm interesting in. The furry community can be a big part of someone's life, just like being a part of this community can be a part (or all) of our lives. Shouldn't that be something we should share?
(Apr. 19, 2009  11:08 PM)Deikailo Wrote: But a part of an introduction is familiarizing ourselves with the new members, isn't it? D: Being an Asian Golden Cat is a part of her that I'm interesting in. The furry community can be a big part of someone's life, just like being a part of this community can be a part (or all) of our lives. Shouldn't that be something we should share?

Let's be realistic, the furry community isn't something that children should be exposed to ... I'm not trying to pass judgement on anyone here, I'm trying to be a responsible administrator.
While I don't think this in particular is something at all harmful and I'm sure Brad doesn't either, I can understand where he is coming from. Just keep it to a minimum here on the boards.
(Apr. 19, 2009  11:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Let's be realistic, the furry community isn't something that children should be exposed to ... I'm not trying to pass judgement on anyone here, I'm trying to be a responsible administrator.
Certain parts of it I can agree with. The abridged version? Not so much. We're just discussing what animal she identifies with. We haven't discussed anything even CLOSE to out of bounds. It's a very basic conversation, and it will stay basic.
I think Brad is just passing a warning.
You must've expected that kind of reaction from Brad though. XD Maybe drop it before Brad bans furry talk all together so Kivva doesn't feel hated on? Pinching_eyes_2

Still, I think if a kid wants to be an animal they'll find out without being 'exsposed'. I had no idea what a furry was when I was a little kid but I thought I was a dog for an oddly long period of my childhood. >.>
This discussion must end here. If someone wants to talk to Kivva or myself about this, you can PM one of us for sure~
I didn't expect this to be that big a deal.

I will say this though, my first exposure to furry was quite explicit, so I support Brad in that respect. However, Fur Affinity has safeties in place to prevent anyone under 18 from viewing adult content.

As for me personally I am quite tame and prefer to be judged on an individual basis rather than be immediately lumped into a deviant group in my subculture.

EDIT:

So.... Tops... Awesome, am I right?
I'm so late, but welcome to the WBO. Always nice to have more of Anubis's friends join.
Well, I do hope you stick around. We don't have many active furries aside from Evan (who doesn't really voice it all too often) so perhaps over we'll all reach a greater understanding and comfort level. :3

I've just always found the type of people within the community to be very pleasant. Grin (not so much referring to Brad's idea of some members)

I'm sure we can all teach you as much as you'll need to know about Beyblading. Heck, maybe you'll get so good you'll be teachin' us a thing or two, just like Evan!

And yes, our tops are awesome.
Thanks to all for the greets! Here's hoping no one is too put off by all of that. I think I'm quite personable and as I said I'm pretty easygoing.

*laughs* Oh yeah I expect to be around. As I said previously, if you can't find humour in something, it's not worth thinking about. I will be the first to make fun of myself in that regard.

The community has been good to me, I have met many more good than bad... *flashes a friendly smile to Anubis* and as cheesy as it may be I wouldn't have found the love of my life without it. Thankfully, he's a 'normal' too, as we like to call ourselves. I'm kind of hoping I can get him into BeyBlades too, although I'm not so sure he'll be interested. We'll see.

Like any hobby, I'm in it for my own reasons, I tend to let the herds move on without me. Moving on...

Well, I'm not about to announce that I will dominate the world of all things shiny and spinny, but I think BeyBlading is something I'll certainly enjoy, and maybe I can win a couple of matches in the near future if luck is with me.

Now all I need to do is buy one of them! LOL
Well I'm a little late, but I was at work!

So Welcome to the WBO Grin
Yes welcome kivva, and might i say again, i love the amount of us older people that are joining, cuz when i joined there wasnt exactly alot of us, and if you could get ur bf into blading that would be awesome, the more the merrier
Thanks so much!

Yeah I've been looking online to see what to pick up. Anubis is helping me select parts, but I'm itching to get a few to play with. I think I'm definitely going to start with the Metal Fight since they are just coming out. WEEEE!
welcome to wbo Smile
yo wats up. Welcome to the wbo. yo if you are new to beyblade you should watch the old season first so you can know why we are crazy and commited to this.
you do not want to watch the new show and a couple of people is remenising on the old show and you dont know who they are talking about. so watch the new show and then the new show. first i think you should get your hands on the classic old beyblades up to the grevolution beyblades because you put them together by scratch, then get ur hands on the mfb's. i think you would be more interested in it then if you just jumped in the new season right from the start. you'll understand it better.
I disagree with what Darkhooded said Just go for MFB's and if you like Anime just start watching the new one, It's better IMO Grin
No offence but I kinda of disagree. The new series is a new series - not a new season. Its been made so that kids who weren't around for the older series can just jump straight in. Plus the older blades are more expensive and she already has Anubis if she wants to learn about the old series. Wink
It'd be best to get the newer ones as they're what everyone is gonna be using now and they're cheaper. XD

Yeah, what Blitz said. XD
There's no reason to start with the older series. It's history.