Konnichiwa... just to be different.

Hello.

I am from Maine, otherwise known as Almost-Canada.

I'll start by heading of the FAQ's...

Yes, we have The Internets.
No, I don't own a boat.
Yes, we have indoor plumbing.
No, I am not a lumberjack.
Yes, I have teeth.
No, I don't know what cretons are, either.
Yes we have lobsters and moose. (As a note, moose are invincible, see below.)

I like to be direct and to the point, so here:
I am 25.
I am female.
I am in a relationship. So, please don't ask.
I am indeed quite nerdy.
I love travelling.
I love cats.

I have been told that I am 'awesome' more than once by more than one person, so hopefully this is a good sign. Smile

I'm really quite laid back and easy going, I'm slow to anger, and I like thinking about many different things. I usually don't have trouble finding similar interests with other people.

I wouldn't say I'm a tom-boy per se, but I do tend to fall outside the traditional female roles and expectations, so... yep.
Hi.

I am new to BeyBlades, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty. This is something I think I can get borderline obsessive about so... let's get things going, shall we?
Welcome Grin .
Aha, interesting intro. You seem nice anyways, I'm sure you'll get along fine with everyone. Joyful_3

As you're new to beyblades, feel free to ask us anything but please, post questions in the 'Ask a question' thread. It is rather annoying otherwise. XD Or PM us. Either one.

It'd be great if you could get some MFBs to get you started. They're the new series and you can buy them online. Smile

Also, I'm not so good at world geography, but I think there's a tourney near you soon so you might want to check that out. Gasp
Welcome , have a great time.Joyful_3
Welcome to the WBO!

I quite enjoyed your introduction; it's always nice to have older members join us. Makes us committee feel a little less awkward.

Before you get posting make sure to check out the forum rules http://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=17

If you have any questions feel free to ask in the appropriate threads and I am sure either one of the committee or members would be happy to help.

Oh and to clarify this is a hobby you can get quite obsessive with Joyful_2 Many of us have blown far too much money/time on it.
Welcome ... you know, loads of members here (including myself) are from Canada, and also quite old, so there's no need to be defensive of either of those things in your first post! Wink Many of us are also in relationships, etc. We're mostly normal people!

New to Beyblades, huh? How did you find us then?
Oh hell yeah! Another female. Cool There seems to be a lot of that lately. :o

We're like family here. Brad's the old woman in the shoe.

(Apr. 19, 2009  9:23 PM)Khel Wrote: Oh and to clarify this is a hobby you can get quite obsessive with Joyful_2 Many of us have blown far too much money/time on it.
I was just looking at Brad's profile. Nearly 4 consecutive months on this website. I was also looking at my walk-in closet this morning to store my Beyblades. I can't walk-in anymore.
(Apr. 19, 2009  9:53 PM)Deikailo Wrote: We're like family here. Brad's the old woman in the shoe.

i'm not sure i approve of this characterization
Welcome to the WBO!
(Apr. 19, 2009  9:11 PM)Rocky Wrote: Aha, interesting intro. You seem nice anyways, I'm sure you'll get along fine with everyone. Joyful_3

As you're new to beyblades, feel free to ask us anything but please, post questions in the 'Ask a question' thread. It is rather annoying otherwise. XD Or PM us. Either one.

It'd be great if you could get some MFBs to get you started. They're the new series and you can buy them online. Smile

Also, I'm not so good at world geography, but I think there's a tourney near you soon so you might want to check that out. Gasp

Noted! And thank you!

(Apr. 19, 2009  9:23 PM)Khel Wrote: Welcome to the WBO!

I quite enjoyed your introduction; it's always nice to have older members join us. Makes us committee feel a little less awkward.
Oh and to clarify this is a hobby you can get quite obsessive with Joyful_2 Many of us have blown far too much money/time on it.

LOL Thank you. Ha ha! 'Older'! Now you're making me feel old, hee hee!

Fun is usualy quite worth time and money, so hopefully it will all be well spent!

(Apr. 19, 2009  9:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Welcome ... you know, loads of members here (including myself) are from Canada, and also quite old, so there's no need to be defensive of either of those things in your first post! Wink Many of us are also in relationships, etc. We're mostly normal people!

New to Beyblades, huh? How did you find us then?

Well, I'm not from Canada, I'm from ALMOST CANADA Wink Slight difference!

Bah, I wasn't being defensive, I can be a bit snarky, lol... so don't mind me.

And hey, watch the 'old' comments! 25 ain't old! I defy you! Smile

LOL as for the relationships thing, it's amazing how many profiles I have that declare me as taken and I still get pm's of like "Hey baby..." LOL I'm all like dude, can't your read?

My entire post is all in good fun, as if you can't find humour in something it's not worth thinking about. Wink

Aha, I have a friend who is rabid about BeyBlades. I was like, okay, I'll observe... then he had a couple go at it for me and I was like...

Spinny things...

That are colourful...

And shiny...

Banging together...

Flying out of a ring...

Potentially exploding...

OH HELL YES.

(Apr. 19, 2009  9:53 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Oh hell yeah! Another female. Cool There seems to be a lot of that lately. :o

We're like family here. Brad's the old woman in the shoe.

I was just looking at Brad's profile. Nearly 4 consecutive months on this website. I was also looking at my walk-in closet this morning to store my Beyblades. I can't walk-in anymore.

SWEET! I somehow knew that this place was lacking in the female department. Wink
(Apr. 19, 2009  9:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i'm not sure i approve of this characterization
You take care of us just like the old woman in the shoe!

Only I think you have more class than a shoe. Maybe a giant stiletto boot...
RAWR KIVVAS

LET IT RIP Supaburn

welcome to the WBO~
Oh, so she's your friend LOL
(Apr. 19, 2009  10:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Oh, so she's your friend LOL
I caught onto that pretty quickly because I check people's profiles. She's a member of Furaffinity. What other furries do we know? xD
(Apr. 19, 2009  10:43 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I caught onto that pretty quickly because I check people's profiles. She's a member of Furaffinity. What other furries do we know? xD

LOL Like I'm being stealthy at all...
Phipaw, lol!
V
welcome, im also a little new to the forum so i hope you have fun i haveEee
(Apr. 19, 2009  10:05 PM)Kivva Wrote: LOL as for the relationships thing, it's amazing how many profiles I have that declare me as taken and I still get pm's of like "Hey baby..." LOL I'm all like dude, can't your read?

Ahaha, but these are funny though. Go along with them and tell them your taken after you play with them a bit. XD

(Apr. 19, 2009  10:05 PM)Kivva Wrote: Spinny things...

That are colourful...

And shiny...

Banging together...

Flying out of a ring...

Potentially exploding...

OH HELL YES.

This is so true. This is the kind of simple cat-like attraction I have to these things. XD So mesmorising. XD
Haha we outed you Kivva <3 *snug*
(Apr. 19, 2009  10:50 PM)Kivva Wrote: LOL Like I'm being stealthy at all...
Phipaw, lol!
V
Are you a cat? :3

(Apr. 19, 2009  10:51 PM)Rocky Wrote: Ahaha, but these are funny though. Go along with them and tell them your taken after you play with them a bit. XD

This is so true. This is the kind of simple cat-like attraction I have to these things. XD So mesmorising. XD
Rocky, welcome to womanhood.