Knives

Um yes actually Tired
at khel's last post- OMG THERES LIKE 1000000 KNIVES THERE isn't that kinda the perfect place to have some psycho friek take the knives and kill all of the people? Confused just sayin.. xD
(Dec. 16, 2010  12:23 AM)filipino77 Wrote: at khel's last post- OMG THERES LIKE 1000000 KNIVES THERE isn't that kinda the perfect place to have some psycho friek take the knives and kill all of the people? Confused just sayin.. xD

Yes because 'attacking' a table with 10-12 individuals who have over $10,000 worth of knives/swords makes perfect sense. Plus one of the dudes there was a cop.

Keep the immature posts to yourself. The swords are actually from a company called Dynasty Forge. They came to display some of their work.
I might have just purchased my priciest knife yet. A semi-Custom Tim Galyean Pro Series Turbulence. Hopefully its worth the $400. CNC'd Titanium Handles, Ball Bearing system on the pivot for reduced friction, hand ground blade by Tim Galyean himself. Can't wait for it to arrive

At least it's cheaper than his full out customs which usually are a few thousand dollars. Here's a vid on what it looks like. No it is not an auto knife (aka switchblade). It is a full manual knife, but the ball bearing system makes auto knives look slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQgTlPxVWs
http://www.lmpenterprises.co.uk/rambo-fi...-369-p.asp

Ain't she purity?
Rambo knives always make cool collectibles/wall hangers. Wouldn't advise ever using one. They're not designed to be used hard.
(Dec. 24, 2010  6:21 AM)Khel Wrote: Rambo knives always make cool collectibles/wall hangers. Wouldn't advise ever using one. They're not designed to be used hard.

Well, it's really only made for looks, much like anime swords, but it's still cool looking. I wish every cool looking knife/sword had a real practical application.
That would be awesome. I remember seeing a custom knifemaker on the forums once do his own interpretation on the Rambo knife. It was very practical as a wilderness knife. He batoned wood, chopped etc and it withstood the damage. But that was a one-off.

Thankfully there are plenty of bad-carp looking blades that are very practical.
(Dec. 12, 2010  2:09 AM)Khel Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2010  2:32 AM)littlechipz Wrote: I have a butter knife ^^

But seriously, Khel and I have the same knife. Referring to the Spyderco Bob Lum Chinese Folder with a Krein regrind. Too lazy to type it myself. Copy and paste = WIN!!

Really?! What other spydies you got? I don't recall Krein modding that many of them.

There was a USN (a knife forum) meet yesterday at a Sushi place in Brampton. A fellow knife collector friend of mine knows the manager there. About 10 of us met there and we were all laying out our gear (knives, multitools, flashlights etc.) on the table. We literally had about $4000 to $6000 worth of stuff at the table and no one batted an eye. The manager was totally chill with it and was also interested.

That same friend let me borrow his well used Chris Reeve Large Regular Sebenza with BG-42 steel to try and get a feel for it. Long discontinued this beast easily gets $400 USD new.

Last year was even crazier with a sword maker bringing his stuff to show. Too bad I missed that.

Thats the only one I could afford :"(

I can post pictures...
That would be sweet. Love seeing other members who like spydies.
Sure I'll post them soon ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtSZIWD0U...ata_player

These are the two most awesome knives I've ever seen. The Wasp is the craziest concept I've seen for a knife yet. The Mission Combat Knife is also amazing. I'd love to have a knife that "heals" itself. No more scratches and nicks onthe blade!

You can buy the Wasp here for $400.00.
http://www.waspknife.com/
Trust G4 to completely romanticize those things LOL. That Wasp knife is serious overkill, but was originally designed for scuba divers who might have to defend themselves against a shark.

Titanium knives have been around for years. Great for military bomb diffusing and very tough. But like anything it has its flaws. Titanium is not very hard, especially on the Rockwell index. It doesn't hold an edge well or very long. However it definitely has its applications (limited as they may be).

PS. There was a vid on youtube showing the wasp knife eject gas in a watermelon. That was pretty freaking awesome.
To me the irony of the Wasp is the fact you have to stab somebody atleast near a vital area to kill them with the gas injection, but it's still pretty sweet. Yeah G4 love to romanticize a lot of thing that shouldn't be. The funniest thing about that list is that it started with a Kukhri, and every blade on there was a knife except the last one. The winner was a katana. A weapon that as far as I know is no longer used, and also happens to be a sword. I believe there a more than a couple swords that beat out that knife selection.
Got these in my collection recently

GEC #48 slimjack in snakewood. A beautiful wood. I'll definitely be picking up more traditionals in snakewood down the road.
[Image: GEC_48_102510_2.jpg]

Tim Galyean Pro Series Turbulence. Titanium Handles, Hand ground CPM-154 blade by Tim Galyean, IKBS. Probably my most expensive piece to date.
[Image: DSCN0161.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0164.jpg]
Managed to finally get my hands on a Spyderco Paramilitary 2. My local shop ended up getting a batch. However to justify this I'll probably have to sell at least my Spyderco Sage 1.
I know I'm the only one who posts here but what the hell. Canadian Knifemakers guild show happened this past weekend. Absolutely fantastic.

This is what I bought

[Image: DSCN0435.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0433.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0385.jpg]
Me and Kirby Lambert. He made the knife above

Here are some vids of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaY64QQLc...r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwlD4F5X...re=related
But you are not the only one who reads it Tongue_out
Good to know! Smile

Also here are some pics from a meetup that we had after at our favorite sushi place (the manager loves seeing all the blades Tongue_out)

[Image: DSCN0396.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0399.jpg]

Just fyi that's thousands of dollars worth of gear.
You kinda scare me, now, Khel...

But I bet you look freakin' cool, using 'em.
(Mar. 15, 2011  10:16 PM)Dude Wrote: You kinda scare me, now, Khel...

But I bet you look freakin' cool, using 'em.

Those are not all mine LOL. Actually most aren't lol.

Most of the time I use a really small one. Sub 3 inches folder. The bigger ones only get carried hiking or never really lol

It does make cutting your apple a significantly more bad carp activity however.
Well i have three throwing knifes, curved serated knife, hunter knife that is big, and a iron reaver finger knife.
(Dec. 24, 2010  6:32 AM)Khel Wrote: That would be awesome. I remember seeing a custom knifemaker on the forums once do his own interpretation on the Rambo knife. It was very practical as a wilderness knife. He batoned wood, chopped etc and it withstood the damage. But that was a one-off.

Thankfully there are plenty of bad-carp looking blades that are very practical.

Sorry for the double post. I have actually acquired a Rambo III knife and it is built to military specs. This thing is a monster! The blade alone is 13 inches and it was sharpened when j bought it. It is to heavy for practical usage but it could do some serious damage with a single strike. I spent $120 on it. It was extra cash so I wasn't worried about getting ripped off. The guy I bought it from says he got it for $130 so I have to take his word.

Also I now own a USMC Ka-bar with a serated edge. The blade is about 7 inches in length, and it is a great knife. I love it because it's a multi-purpose knife, and I can legally carry it where I live.(its okay to openly carry but illegal to conceal) I'm probably going to buy a straight edge Ka-bar as well, just so I don't have issues with sharpening it.
Kabar's are awesome. I have one in my collection. Personally not a fan of serrated knives. They are a carp to sharpen. A good sharp plain edge will cut better. Serrated really only seems to make sense for knives designed to cut lots of fibrous materials (rope) and when they span the whole blade.

I picked this up in Geneva Switzerland during Eurotrip. This is a Klotzli. Small gentleman's folder. 1.65 ounces (46 grams). hand ground blade etc. These are low volume semi-custom knives. Quite happy with it. Video will be posted during the next few days

[Image: DSCN3509.jpg]