yea, ace
50.00%
generic ;/
50.00%
will suck like the first
0%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
Trailer

When this finally does arrive in 2009, it should be* great.
*is confirmed to be.
edits below

Video links.
BALLET OF DEATH. pure eye candy.
Multiplayer Footage.
Urban Gameplay? I dunno I haven't spoiled my self.

[b]Well written review from BritishGaming.co.uk

Personal Impressions from participating in the MP beta back in November:

I have never been hooked by any online game of any sort.

In the month or so that I played the beta I sunk over 30 hours in. I was itching to play while at school, thinking about strategies. Mind you there were only three maps but it truely was great fun. The final game has 8.

Matches are great because of a few original twists of other great games.

Common objectives like capture the flag, search and destroy and assassination roll over throught the match, without returning to the lobby. Instead winning an objective gains a point for your side, either Helghast or ISA. Win the match by winning the most objectives.

A class system is implemented, ala Team Fortress 2, and its very balanced out of the gate. Ranking up gains you new classes and eventually the ablity to mix abilities between them.

I have to mention that weapons themselves are part of what make it so fun. Recoil, weight and awsome animation make them all fun to use. Controls were fine for me, though i do believe you have to adjust somewhat, KZ2 has a unique feel.

The campaign has got my pumped, especially because the AI is getting so much praise. I look forward to being flanked ahaha. Also I nearly forgot but how can you... This game looks better than anything ever on any console.

I hate to give Metacritic any kind of clout, but there are plenty of glowing reviews to be found there. and a few dubious ones, EDGE can gtfo.

My advice, I know I've only described the beta but feel confident in saying; you have a PS3? Buy it! If you don't. Consider it.

It is a must play.

Blue.
____
Yo the Official thread has dropped on Neogaf; so here I refer you to the thread this one could never be.

KILLZONE 2: BRIEF
I will admit that the graphics are really good, but other than that, I see nothing interesting at all going for this game.

I voted generic because so far Sony/Guerrilla haven't shown anything to differentiate KZ2 from both KZ1 and all of the other shooters on the market. It also doesn't help that I totally despised the first game, so KZ2 has that working against it. lol
The intro is amazing, interview & footage from sony's gamers day

I would say killzone is going for something different here. They have very cinematic immersion with really good animation*, character design and buddies and there will be novel uses for sixaxis, enviromental weapons, mini-bosses like the chaingun dude from e3 07. The story is pretty cool imo, sharing some parallels to germany in WWI&II,

*goggles
[Image: kzgoggles.gif]

They claim that there will be varied enviroments, and given kz1 and liberation, I'll believe that.

also this game isn't trying to be radically different fps since there isn't much left in the genre to invent, but rather be exceptional at what it does and how its told.

still I can't deny how I am biased, I loved kz1, and Liberation is proof that GG can make an amazing game, especially for the psp.
grave dig, new info ;E
The back story is a little more fleshed out, I read everything that wasn't locked.

with recent updates at E3 and Lepzig, Mainly about the online Multiplayer, Its looking more carp awsome.
So anybody warming up to this game now?

trailers for good measure yo
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36183.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38549.html
Hehe, Well I'll give any videogame a loving shot. I did so with BHioshock and that turned out to be amazing. I just hope that the game will live up to all the hype =P
The first Killzone game is great, I still play it on a regular basis. I think that it will definitely live up to the hype.
I hate the fact that this game is called "Killzone 2" since it isn't the second game chronologically, that belongs to Killzone Liberation, which was the second game in the franchise, and starts right after the end of Killzone. But hey, I don't play very many shooters, and I doubt I'll play this.
(Aug. 27, 2008  10:37 PM)Takao Wrote: I hate the fact that this game is called "Killzone 2" since it isn't the second game chronologically, that belongs to Killzone Liberation, which was the second game in the franchise, and starts right after the end of Killzone. But hey, I don't play very many shooters, and I doubt I'll play this.

Well, technically, isn't the PSP the 3rd PlayStation console to be released? They released that, and then the PS3. This is the same kind of thing, although I see where you're going with this.
(Sep. 07, 2008  1:00 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  10:37 PM)Takao Wrote: I hate the fact that this game is called "Killzone 2" since it isn't the second game chronologically, that belongs to Killzone Liberation, which was the second game in the franchise, and starts right after the end of Killzone. But hey, I don't play very many shooters, and I doubt I'll play this.

Well, technically, isn't the PSP the 3rd PlayStation console to be released? They released that, and then the PS3. This is the same kind of thing, although I see where you're going with this.

The PSP is a handheld, and Sony's second attempt, after the Japan-only PocketStation. So that doesn't follow the numbering.

So far, Guerrila is 1 and 1, they made one stinker in Killzone, and made one gem in Killzone Liberation for this franchise, what happens next is up to them alone.
[Image: KILLZONE2beta.jpg]
NUFF SAID BOOYAHKASHAA
(May. 17, 2008  6:56 PM)Roan Wrote: I will admit that the graphics are really good, but other than that, I see nothing interesting at all going for this game.

I voted generic because so far Sony/Guerrilla haven't shown anything to differentiate KZ2 from both KZ1 and all of the other shooters on the market. It also doesn't help that I totally despised the first game, so KZ2 has that working against it. lol

Still stands for me.
Well I gotta say, I was very pleased with Killzone: Liberation for PSP. I'll probably give Killzone 2 a go if I have the time.
WTH do you guys even have pulses?
Kei, your all excited about conduit but you have a ps3...?
Dude I'm sorry, the only thing this game has going for it is the visuals. It just looks really average otherwise.
It's beautiful looking, and probably will make me play a FPS (pending that incredibly stupid DNS error still going on), but hey, the only reason I'm interested in it is because it can centre as a PS3 showpiece, like LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Uncharted(less this).
(Nov. 18, 2008  12:15 PM)Blue Wrote: WTH do you guys even have pulses?
Kei, your all excited about conduit but you have a ps3...?

I am excited about The Conduit because of the fact that a developer is actually taking the Wii seriously.

To be honest, I've payed basically zero attention to this game. I am sure my friend will pick it up, so maybe I will be able to try it out then and decide to purchase it or not. Sounds like a lot of fun though.
I am excited about Killzone 2 because of the fact that a developer is actually taking the PS3 and showing its potential.
(Nov. 20, 2008  12:02 AM)To Wrote: I am excited about Killzone 2 because of the fact that a developer is actually taking the PS3 and showing its potential.

how? graphics?

KZ2 doesn't look all that amazing so ....
Andrew
(Nov. 20, 2008  1:53 AM)Artie Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2008  12:02 AM)To Wrote: I am excited about Killzone 2 because of the fact that a developer is actually taking the PS3 and showing its potential.

how? graphics?

KZ2 doesn't look all that amazing so ....

[Image: killzone2colored01zz8.jpg]
I understand that KZ1 sucked (and playing it yesterday ahahaha in comparison it does) but it seems theres a certain negativity toward Killzone 2 like no-other. Why. maybe it harks to the days when KZ was coined a halo-killer faning the fanboy-wars flames.

It is never substantiated. The hype is no different from say a Halo, Half-Life, Resistance or Gears fan's anticipation...
I say if you really are a shooter fan then give it a fair chance. By now people should already be impressed.

True, graphics alone aren't enough. I can tell you first hand the lighting is nuts.
Anyway you try to slice it, Guerilla's engine is carp SICK.
You can't really deny that anymore...

[Image: Killzone2_E3Trailer-HD1080.gif]
Look at the dust... blocking the light
[Image: i35l5x.gif]

[Image: 2h4dlzq.gif]

[Image: 20tm2iw.gif]

[Image: 14ncx2d.gif]

[Image: Killzone2MPBetaKilldeaths.gif]

[Image: Killzone2Pillar.gif]
hit response lol
[Image: 709n5t.jpg]

[Image: 1688zkh.jpg]

[Image: 2v0fi9c.jpg]

[Image: 77650-2-hd.jpg]

read this impression, a beta player on gaf
[Image: 2cghc1u.jpg]

[Image: killzone-2-20071203082041249.jpg]

IGN Wrote:
"That being said, it's hard to see how anyone could deny the sheer technical achievement of the game. No online shooter in the console market could possible claim to look better than Killzone 2, or feature more atmosphere and eye for detail. We get the distinct impression that Sony, after the guffawing of the gaming community post-E3 2005, demanded that Killzone 2 match up to that infamous CG trailer - regardless of the development time or expense. What we're seeing and playing today is the end result of that self-righteous rage, and we absolutely love it. We reckon you'll be pleasantly surprised by just how well Killzone 2 looks and plays. Haters be damned – you'd all best be prepared to chow down on a hefty serving of humble pie on this one..."

the sp campaign impressions will come out on the 4th of Dec.

Artie and Roan I wouldn't call you haters, but you do seem to begrudge it. Keep an open mind, or else I think you'll be missing out.;-P
When I see something other than the visuals (which I have already admitted are impressive) that looks worthwhile about this game maybe I'll change my mind, but apart from the visuals this game really doesn't look like it has anything special going for it.

Also, can you please stop posting so many .gifs my god I can't even open this thread without my browser crashing 95% of the time.
^I disagree, I loved looking at those .gifs
Joyful_2 looks like a sick game. too bad I don't have PS3
(Nov. 22, 2008  7:48 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: ^I disagree, I loved looking at those .gifs
Joyful_2 looks like a sick game. too bad I don't have PS3

Thanks dudeGrin lol it took awhile to source them.

YO single palyer campaign impressions are about to hit the respective fans of the internetz. Sofar there seems to be an explosion in the neo gaf topic.. I haven't read through it. I'll edit soon. >:]