Poll: Interested?

yea, ace
50.00%
generic ;/
50.00%
will suck like the first
0%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
ok officially gonna stop checking this thread because it's just .gifs of a pretty generic looking game hyped only by the sony faithful
should update the thread title to *NON-CORE i7 WARNING
(Dec. 05, 2008  3:52 AM)Artie Wrote: ok officially gonna stop checking this thread because it's just .gifs

I hate to sound like a biased carp here, but I'm going to have to agree.

This thread seriously crashes my computer almost every time I open it and I'm not even on dial-up.
(May. 17, 2008  6:56 PM)Roan Wrote: I will admit that the graphics are really good, but other than that, I see nothing interesting at all going for this game.

I voted generic because so far Sony/Guerrilla haven't shown anything to differentiate KZ2 from both KZ1 and all of the other shooters on the market. It also doesn't help that I totally despised the first game, so KZ2 has that working against it. lol

carp in denial prick. i wanna lick the tears off your face like cartman did to scott tenerman when you see the 95+ metascore come february 27th. youre so in denail, you probably did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvDG79c8q8 or would do something like that. i cant wait for you and artie to get carp owned by the reviews. and im gonna have more lols when u play it on psn cuz it owns gears so carp hard. yeah roan. eat your heart out.
Go away, seriously.

Why do you care about this carp so much? It boggles me.

Apparently we aren't allowed to have preferences anymore.
LOLOL and hear I thought you might have been coming around. Brandon posted lol

While Brandon takes the bad cop approach, I dunno guys, I know to call it generic is meant negatively, but is not COD4 generic. Its gameplay excels and has a super great multiplayer, no. It does everything very well.

Killzone 2 I can guarentee is as good, while looking leagues ahead. Mechanics are bit different (remids me of HL) and there is a sense of weight/momentum so it plays slower but the matches are awsome with seamless objective switching.
The class system is great, similar to TF2, quite balanced and tactical with good squad mates.
I will say that it teamwork oriented, so if your all about deathmatches it won't appeal as much.

To watch the now-plethora of MP & SP footage out there [not to mention previews], I don't see how any gamer isn't excited. It's possible to judge the gameplay approximately. The preview code is actually quite old too, everyday GG improve citied critizims. 1up was initial kinda being picky on it, but they've seemed to come around.

Come Febuary, part me wants to be like, "I told you so!" lol but yeah its juvenile... watever
Look I've admitted from the beginning that the game looks good, and I'm sure it will play and perform just fine.

But for me personally, outside of the graphics, the game really isn't doing anything that appeals to me. Sure it does the normal shooter things well, but the FPS market has gotten incredibly crowded and its not enough for a game to just do tried and true mechanics well anymore.

I'm really trying my best not to sound biased or opinionated on this game and I'm sorry if I've come across otherwise. I think the game looks good and I'm sure it will find a huge audience, I just don't think that audience will include me. I don't really know how else to word it, honestly.
(Dec. 10, 2008  8:32 AM)xboxteam Wrote:
(May. 17, 2008  6:56 PM)Roan Wrote: I will admit that the graphics are really good, but other than that, I see nothing interesting at all going for this game.

I voted generic because so far Sony/Guerrilla haven't shown anything to differentiate KZ2 from both KZ1 and all of the other shooters on the market. It also doesn't help that I totally despised the first game, so KZ2 has that working against it. lol

carp in denial prick. i wanna lick the tears off your face like cartman did to scott tenerman when you see the 95+ metascore come february 27th. youre so in denail, you probably did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvDG79c8q8 or would do something like that. i cant wait for you and artie to get carp owned by the reviews. and im gonna have more lols when u play it on psn cuz it owns gears so carp hard. yeah roan. eat your heart out.

can we stop banning him? please? he's hilarious
a good read
says what i think about the double standard, better than the topic i made about gaming media
That article sort of sucks to be honest and if that's any indication of the site's "unbiased" view then it needs to work on that. And frankly, I think this sums up why that article can be discredited:

[Image: pshome2-copy.jpg?w=500&h=281]

That, and the author has no idea what a monopoly is and apparently relativism shouldn't exist?
also apparently "bias" is now "journalists generally not liking a system for legitimate reasons"
what's with all the anti-imagine babyz bias in the gaming media
what are you talking about??
also, name a ligitiment reason?
(Jan. 07, 2009  10:00 AM)Blue Wrote: what are you talking about??
also, name a ligitiment reason?

You're asking me for legitimate reasons to dislike the PS3? You mean Home, lack of great games, the price, the arrogance of Sony going into it and their constant fumbles in marketing, the tacking-on of motion only to remove it later, using a decade-old unergonomic controller design ... there's loads of reasons (just as there are loads of reasons to criticize the PS3 and Wii). But evidently, when there is a consensus that one product is superior to another, that's bias.

Also, this blog uses the word "fanboy" unabashedly which essentially fuels the fires they claim to be attempting to quell.

Also, hard-hitting journalism: http://pswi60.wordpress.com/2008/09/04/d...ness-myth/

This site sucks. Just read Joystiq, hell of a lot less biased than this carp.
Home? as broken as it seems to some, its like using miis or avatars, but a step further to interact. to meet people to play games with. its a beta. its carp free. its not manditory.

its game library has grown, can hardly be described as a "lack of good games"

It does cost more.

sure marketing has done a poor job, but because they didn't do a good job it is legitimate to not like the ps3? it hurts sales but I would think that it reflects more poorly on Sony's management.

sixaxis still exists, motion control is used?

the Sixaxis and Ds3 are less ergonomic than the 360's. but by how much?
just because something is free and non-mandatory does not excuse it from criticism

hell no video game in the world is carp mandatory

except chrono trigger

and it can be accused of not having good games by anyone who legitimately feels that way (not saying i do)

jesus just let people criticize the system if they don't like it and if you think the coverage at a site is biased, go somewhere where it isn't

so sick of all this arguing about carp video game consoles

roan and artie bought and own ps3s and 360s, they can carp as much as they want about the 360, their opinions are to me a lot more credible than someone who bought into one alone
ok maybe I shouldn't have quoted 'legitimate', but now even compared to a few months ago there are few reasons left to still dislike the Playstation 3.

anyway: ohsnap
[Image: 2h5n37m.gif]
(Jan. 07, 2009  9:42 AM)Blue Wrote: a good read
says what i think about the double standard, better than the topic i made about gaming media

Yeah I read that and if you seriously think that article isn't biased then I don't think you have any room to be making topics about bias in gaming journalism.

That article was trash dude. It had some valid points, but it was pigeonholed by blatant PS3 bias.

Also I find it pretty humorous that everyone wants to suggest there's a double standard for PS3 games when I've done nothing but experience the opposite here. For some reason its ok for people to tear the 360 and its games to shreds, but if any of us here bring up even the most minor complaint about PS3 or one of its games we get torn a new one for it.

What really boggles me is that people act like I don't have a right to express my feelings. Because you know, its not like I didn't drop almost $400 on the carp thing or anything like that. But of course, that $400 doesn't entitle me to speak up when the manufacturer does something I don't like or when the games being put out don't personally justify the $400 purchase. If you want to talk about double standards I think we should probably start there.
=\ thanks
I hadn't said anything about bias of that article. it is biased in favor of the ps3. i checked out the other blog entries and the guy is pretty fair. Still that article was about Killzone 2 aswell, even if it is biased, raises some good points.

Do you mean here at Beywiki/WBO? like against me. if so
Sorry then, I know I probably did/do sometime, but I've tried to stop from entirely from ripping on the 360 and games, because I simple don't have one or played none of most games.
I have then sorry, I can get petty.

If you don't mind you could list those double standards, it would be interesting. Or Pm them so theres no carp fest.
I won't rebuttal. I swear.
(Jan. 07, 2009  11:56 PM)Blue Wrote: =\ thanks
I hadn't said anything about bias of that article. it is biased in favor of the ps3.

a biased article that spends its entirety complaining about bias is a completely discredited article
I meant here at Beywiki/WBO in general, and no, its not just you though you have contributed your fair share. lol

I'm not going to PM or post things or anything like that because its honestly not something worth starting carp over, I just wanted to point out that I think its a little crazy that Artie and I (who both own PS3s and 360s) get torn apart for being Xbots when those who are ripping us up only own one of the consoles, which just so happens to be the one we complain about.
I doubt he ever shagged a super model. =_=