Just got a Wii and need suggestions..

We just got a Wii and looking for suggestions on games that are similar to Mario Kart Wii or Super Smash Bros., Any suggestions? I've been looking up Wii games but most of them don't really seem party'like, I saw Monster Hunter: Tri and such, not really into that unless it's a real MMO. Doubt I'd want to be looking for an RPG game on the Wii anyways, not the reason why we got it.
Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario PArty, since you seem to like MArio games Grin
Go buy another console.

Just kidding, but I'm not really sure what you're looking for. It seems you want competitive party games, right? Well, if that's the case, you can't go wrong with Dance Dance Revolution, or Wii Sports Resorts. If you're feeling a bit more dedicated, there's a bunch of Wii versions of sports games. But I'd probably wait until Mario Sports is released next year since it'll have a bunch of sports, and have some quality given it's from Square Enix and Nintendo.
I'll look into it, thanks. Also, Wii isn't our only console so yea haha. Thanks for the help though. Didn't even know some of those games existed. :s
VC is great.
Wiiware: Try Megaman 9, 10, or Bit. Trip. Runner.
Gasp
I love megaman o-o
All you really need is Smash Bros(both Brawl and Melée) and gamecube controllers. That's enough for any Wii party.
Monster Hunter is amazing, and my favourite game franchise. I highly suggest it. Tri is one of the easiest to pick up and play but there is still a fair learning curve to the game. When it comes to the multiplayer-MMO aspect, you are able to join servers from a masterlist and meet up with friends and strangers to have epic hunting parties, but mind you, only 4 players per group/room. You work together to finish the quest whether it is gather [x] amount of materials, kill [x] amount of monsters, kill a Barroth, ect. There is buckets of grinding in this game, not for levels (as there are none) but for materials to make armor and weapons. There's also a multiplayer arena mode where you have to take down a monster using pre-selected equipment and items. Monster Hunter is pretty unique in the fact that it takes skill to play and there is a lot of room for developing your own play style. You have to learn the attack patterns of monsters, find out what works best against them, and what works best for you. For example, I play hammer. Love my hammer and I'm pretty darn good with it. Don't ask me to play lance. I hate lance, doesn't flow so nice with me. But my boyfriend gets his panties all giddy in a knot for playing lance, loves that weapon and style of play. There is no class system, really your class is determined by what type of weapon you play and armor skills you use, but even then there is flexibility. The graphics are beautiful, half the time you forget you are paying on the Wii, and the ecosystems are alive and moving. Really good stuff. If you do pick it up, especially for multiplayer, you are going to want to grab a usb keyboard as well. Don't bother picking up a microphone. No one uses it. And the Wii mote is a really horrid typing device.
I'm amazed that no one thought to suggest Warioware.

That game is great (also hilarious) to play on Wii.
(Aug. 13, 2010  10:02 PM)Pyro Wrote: Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario PArty, since you seem to like MArio games Grin

I beg to differ, Mario Party 8 sucks terribly.

As for suggestions, while I partially hated Mario Galaxy 1, mostly because of my short temper, Galaxy 2 was awesome.
He's looking for party games guys. Suggesting single player platformers, and RPGs don't blend well with a party atmosphere (unless I've been going to some oddly handled parties in my life). Although, for platformers, you can't go wrong with New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It's 4 players IIRC, and everyone knows how to play a 2D Mario, right?
Super Smash Bros Brawl is good enought for party. Or NHL10
(Aug. 14, 2010  5:51 AM)Thresher Wrote: All you really need is Smash Bros(both Brawl 64 and Melée) and gamecube controllers. That's enough for any Wii party.
Fixed. (y)

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom is fun...
if they're into fighting games. :')
(Aug. 15, 2010  1:04 AM)To Wrote: Although, for platformers, you can't go wrong with New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It's 4 players IIRC, and everyone knows how to play a 2D Mario, right?

I'd rather have no friends then play that game with friends the multiplayer is so bad.
It's a lame game too.
Naruto shippuden clash of ninja revolution three, could that title possible get any longer, is a really great "traditional" fighter game even for people who aren't into the whole naruto thing.

Metriod Prime Trilogy is HIGHLY recommended if you like adventure and/ or FPS games.
mario galaxy 2 ledgend of zelda twilight princess
Guitar Hero is quite fun though.
(Aug. 15, 2010  2:28 AM)ThatsTakao Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2010  5:51 AM)Thresher Wrote: All you really need is Smash Bros(both Brawl 64 and Melée) and gamecube controllers. That's enough for any Wii party.
Fixed. (y)

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom is fun...
if they're into fighting games. :')
Tatsuknoko VRS Capcom is 2P maximum, not a party game...

A good aprty game on the wii is pretty much non existant other than SSBB, Mario party or any nintendo-universe exclusive revovling around Mario, Samus, Link or Kirby, hence the four most used/seen mascots of SSB...
---most all of which have already been mentioned...

however 1/2player games are abound and it's easy enough: just develop a rotate system.
TVC would be a perfect example:
I'd invite three friends over, one would call two character,s another would get 2, the final would get two, and i'd ge tmy two and we'd draw straws to see who'll fight in in asmei-finals kinda thing
---sadly it gets boring unless you have a variety
---changing is easy: hit the home button, aim at and click the wii menu icon then switch disc no need to power down (be sure to save in any 1p modes though first)

i personall would agree with anyone Wii is not as great as the company hyped it up as but i'm a nintendo-maniac so i'm eager to help out anyone with wii-info...
if you need a suggest game i would pick supermariogalaxy 2 thats good
Go for Monster Hunter Game carp Awesome
Don't get any Sonic games. Sonic Colors is good, but the rest parted from what the series is about.
Super Smash Bros Brawl And Pokemon Battle Revolution ----- If You Own a Pokemon Game ------