Isn't the series corny?

Tamer Brad Wrote:They were ten years old.

Well, regardless. Most female voice actors in the US make more convincing boys.
most female voice actors anywhere make more convincing young boys. they can do the high pitched voice alot easier then men can
Fleetscut Wrote:most female voice actors anywhere make more convincing young boys. they can do the high pitched voice alot easier then men can

Yeah, that's why I think 4/6 of Team BBA were female in English. All of them were in Japanese, and my point is they don't make completely convincing boys. Daichi and Takao seemed right on, but I was mehed by Kai's voice mostly.
really? cause im pretty sure they showed the english VA cast before in interviews and stuff and they were all boys
Katashi Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:most female voice actors anywhere make more convincing young boys. they can do the high pitched voice alot easier then men can

Yeah, that's why I think 4/6 of Team BBA were female in English. All of them were in Japanese, and my point is they don't make completely convincing boys. Daichi and Takao seemed right on, but I was mehed by Kai's voice mostly.

WHAT? The only dub voice that was female of Team BBA in the dub was Daichi. Gage Knox (Max), Alex Hood (Kenny),Daniel DeSanto (Rei Kon) and David Reale are ALL male! (Takao is too, but he never did many interviews).

They were all young men (like David was the oldest at like 17 at the time I think...)
Fleetscut Wrote:really? cause im pretty sure they showed the english VA cast before in interviews and stuff and they were all boys

Hmm...'spose I was wrong. Daichi is the only one without a male voice besides Hirumi, which is obvious. Well, there goes my comparison case as far as Beyblade goes, but look at other animated shows where the young male characters are female (Fairly Oddparents, for example, at least in the case of Timmy). They make convincing boy voices. Then take some of the Beyblade Japanese voice cast and compare them to the voices of typical Japanese boys.
Ozuma Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:

WHAT? The only dub voice that was female of Team BBA in the dub was Daichi. Gage Knox (Max), Alex Hood (Kenny),Daniel DeSanto (Rei Kon) and David Reale are ALL male! (Takao is too, but he never did many interviews).

They were all young men (like David was the oldest at like 17 at the time I think...)

Daniel DeSanto is around my age, I believe. He's been in the voice acting biz for a while now.

EDIT:
Just looked him up on IMDB. He's 2 years younger than me, and probably his most well known work before Beyblade was several episodes of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?". He had a lot of work in several primetime series that didn't do terribly well when he was VERY young. My Secret Identity is one that stands out to me, as he was 6 years old when he was on it, and I recall watching that series. He was also the voice of Carlos on the animated series of "The Magic Schoolbus".
ya he used to be in a few shows i watched as i kid. but are you afraid of the dark is probably the one i remember the most
beyblade first seison was great but the second seison i lost all hope when hilary came in
rooneyt Wrote:beyblade first seison was great but the second seison i lost all hope when hilary came in

episode 1?
yes i lost all hope she was inoying and if i recall right she chased tyson with a mop
The first season was awesome. They all shrunk second season and became corny.
I don't know... I mean I at first found it weird when they seemed to get younger in V-Force (what the hell is up with that?!) but soon I found the style better and the battles are much more detailed. The story seemed a bit corny in all of them to me but the style is pretty awesome and it probably made more sense in japan =P
I don't really mind it. I still prefer Naruto as No 1 anime. Besides Ninja Scroll, which I'm not supposed to have seen, as I am not 18.
DormantSpirit Wrote:I don't really mind it. I still prefer Naruto as No 1 anime. Besides Ninja Scroll, which I'm not supposed to have seen, as I am not 18.

ARE YOU FOR REAL
Lol, Naruto. Well for me I liked the animation for season one. I mean God, that season had some of the best shooting sequences. The only problem is when their spinning or attacking plus how everyone was fat and slimmed for 2002.

But really, I was only intrested in the story for season 1. 2002 and G-rev I really didn't care much for. They were only for battles.
DormantSpirit Wrote:I don't really mind it. I still prefer Naruto as No 1 anime. Besides Ninja Scroll, which I'm not supposed to have seen, as I am not 18.
Ninja Scroll is pretty good, but you shoudl check out Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend.
Tongue_out
lol
I don't know, before I was into Beyblade I thought it to be extremely corny. But when i actually got interested in the game, I became desensitized to how cheesy (swiss cheesy because of plot holes) the anime was. G Revolution was cool though. At least there was action despite the believability of it all. I don't know why, but I didn't mine 2002 at all.
It is all okay... I think the anime series evolved over time...

Somewhere I read that the 1st season was hand drawn, the 2nd was computer generated, and the 3rd was some advance think I can't remember -.-

I liked a few episodes ^^'

Beyblade and Prince of Tennis are my fav. anime and manga.
The first season was not hand-drawn; nobody does hand-drawn cartoons anymore.
Tamer Brad Wrote:G-Rev started out with some very cool battle ideas, it's a shame they went so over the top near the end.

I totally agree with you on this. Did you guys see the match between Kai and Tyson? There was a scene where they were like gays, where both Tyson and Kai were lying on a grass field and smiling at each other. Man, I have goosebumps in that episode!

After that, the match between Tyson and Brooklyn is also ridiculous. Flying anime characters? Insane Brooklyn? Totally weird. And how does Dranzer suddenly comes back into action when it actually fell apart in the earlier episode? Also, did you all see the scene where Tala suddenly jump up from his bed and remove his oxygen mask and shouted "Tyson!"? It all just do not make any sense. I just have the feeling that the producers ran out of ideas to end the show.

ps: those were only my opinions and should not be taken seriously.
Quote:I totally agree with you on this. Did you guys see the match between Kai and Tyson? There was a scene where they were like gays, where both Tyson and Kai were lying on a grass field and smiling at each other.

Oh my God! They smiled at each other! GAY!

Or maybe just friends being proud of each other.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Quote:I totally agree with you on this. Did you guys see the match between Kai and Tyson? There was a scene where they were like gays, where both Tyson and Kai were lying on a grass field and smiling at each other.

Oh my God! They smiled at each other! GAY!

Or maybe just friends being proud of each other.

what about lying on the grass field? Confused
I can honestly say that I've laid in the grass with people I was not attracted to.