Is WB still top-tier?

Edit: [Image: FoxMcCloud.jpg]
Mission Complete.

I was just wondering, because it is being consistently pelted out of the stadium now..
Anyway, we have a whole flock of Defense-Related Rubber tips which are probably better, no?
I decided to do some tests against CS, unfortunately I don't have my MF's yet.. :[
Anyhow:
Equipment:
Attack Stadium
String Launcher, 80%
Slightly worn RF
Mint CS

Vulcan Horuseus 90RF vs Earth Bull C145WB:
Detail Results (Click to View)
Vulcan H. 90RF WR:
15/20 = 75%
Earth Bull C145WB WR:
5/20 = 25%

Vulcan Horuseus 90RF vs Earth Bull C145CS
Vulcan Horuseus WR:
7/20 = 35%
Earth Bull C145CS WR:
13/20 = 65%

Ray Unicorno vs Earth Bull C145WB:
Detail Result (Click to View)
Ray Unicorno 100RF WR:
9/20 = 45%
Earth Bull C145WB WR:
11/20: 55%

Ray Unicorno 100RF vs Earth Bull C145CS:
Ray Unicorno 100RF WR:
1/10= 10%
Earth Bull C145CS WR:
9/10= 90%

Clearly there is a big difference between the two results, making WB not look so good. So can anyone tell me why it holds top-tier status? I can be all wrong, but it looks funny to me..

Diamond's Results (Click to View)
Exzi's Results (Click to View)
Kei's Results (Click to View)
Ray Joker's Results (Click to View)

What I'm trying to do is pretty much rid the competitive combo list of WB, while positioning CS to overtake it.
Post results, opinions etc.

Edit: Yes, Yes, Yes!!
It is coming (Click to View)
It is very funny. And if u get mf's get mf h so less recoil. But that's really weird. Was ur cs tt or sk? Cuz I remember jeereggy said tts cs's s part sticks out more than sk
is this a new WB because i have noticed that a brand new wb performs better than a old wb, also what is cs
I have no clue about the discrepancy between the two, but it is TT.
Ok so that must be why since my sk cs goes into attack more often than defense
I guess I'll post some Ray Uni 100RF tests..
I'll do some testing with Vulcan Horseus 100R2F. I can't now though because Vulcan and R2F are in the mail. Plus I need 85 to make it the best Uncertain
.. I think 90RF might suffice, but sure go ahead whenever you can.
And dear god, Ray was hell...
Ray Unicorno vs Earth Bull C145WB:
Detail Result (Click to View)
Ray Unicorno 100RF WR:
9/20 = 45%
Yuck, I don’t even know..
Earth Bull C145WB WR:
11/20: 55%
Better than last time…

Ray Unicorno 100RF vs Earth Bull C145CS:
Ray Unicorno 100RF WR:
1/10= 10%
Earth Bull C145CS WR:
9/10= 90%
Ray isn't looking so hot either, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that I somehow can't properly use its inner bey power..
Well, CS surely has the potential to outclass WB as it's stamina is better and the rubber grips the stadiums floor.
Anyway, Diamond has a thread about this:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-CS-as-a-Defense-Bottom
Guess I will post my results there Tongue_out.
Edit: Does WB belong in the top-tier section anymore?
I think it should be booted.. :Y
(Dec. 12, 2010  5:47 AM)Dan Wrote: Guess I will post my results there Tongue_out.
Edit: Does WB belong in the top-tier section anymore?
I think it should be booted.. :Y

CS still doesn't hold enough defensive capabilities for me. I did some informal testing earlier on and WB is still way ahead for the majority of tips, second only to RS MAYBE third to RSF.
I'll do some testing when I get another WB, against MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R^2F, Ray Gil 100RF, and MF Lightning L Drago 100R^2F.

I too have doubts about WB. That's why I use RSF instead.
(Dec. 12, 2010  6:29 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: I too have doubts about WB. That's why I use RSF instead.

Of course, rubber defense bottoms will have better results...
Ah, I feel dumb... I was talking in a sense of: RSF should be there instead of WB.

But then we have RS. Plastic Defense bottoms are gonna be gone soon..
(Dec. 12, 2010  6:46 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Ah, I feel dumb... I was talking in a sense of: RSF should be there instead of WB.

But then we have RS. Looks like Plastic Defense bottoms are going soon..

Yah I guess so. But one also has to consider the extra stamina and balance WB has compared to RS and RSF, this factor might keep it in to top spot, after all all it has to do is withstand the first moments of battle.
Well, I do not have any defense related rubber performance tips but I have noticed how bad WB is against top tier attack combos.

Here is my testing:

TT Attack Stadium.
Earth Bull always launched at around 80%.
Earth Bull always launched first.
Attack Combos always launched doing a sliding shoot.
Launched using string launcher.

MF Vulcan H. 100RF VS MF Earth Bull C145WB

MF Lightning LDrago CH120RF VS MF Earth Bull C145WB

The battle between Vulcan and Bull was a blowout, WB was not able to keep up with Vulcan H.'s smash.
The match between L LDrago and Bull was much closer, but Bull kept getting pretty lucky, hitting the walls to keep itself in the ring.
Personally I don't think that WB should be top tier cause it definatly doesn't hold up to the rubber attack bottoms at all. Also the fact that WB has more more stamina barely matters since it's defence and if it gets knocked out so easily the stamina doesn't matter. Saying this though the fact that it has more stamina not mattering might change with the release of MF.
*Has fingers crossed WB stays for top tier as he has no CS or RS or anything like that, and loves defense types*
Hopefully my thread can actually change something. :]
I will test it against LLD CH120RF because 60% seems too low to me, but the walls do help Bull..
Heck, if I find my Meteo and LD II I'l test MLD 90WF, killing two birds with one stone for Kei..
Whenever I use WB, i'm either using a metal face, or my newer WB, which seems to work better.
I hope this thread can actually help take CS up to the Tier list as an alternative to RS (which has balance issues, IIRC).

By the way, Dan, feel free to use my test results from here. :)
(Dec. 12, 2010  2:51 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Saying this though the fact that it has more stamina not mattering might change with the release of MF.

This is exactly what I was thinking... MF MIGHT change things although the lack of friction might not make it top tier at all...
I did not follow anything UltraBlader said..
Either way CS is light years ahead of WB in defense.
Will post LLD CH120RF results after.
I will also test MLD90RF tomorrow or today, but feel free to post your own results!
(Dec. 13, 2010  1:01 AM)Dan Wrote: I did not follow anything UltraBlader said..
Either way CS is light years ahead of WB in defense.
Will post LLD CH120RF results after.
I will also test MLD90RF tomorrow or today, but feel free to post your own results!

It seems as though plastic defense bottoms will be dying out soon... even tho CS is partly plastic lol.
Yes they are.
I just hope that they keep some plastic tips sacred in Stamina. (I.E WD, SD etc.)
Edit:
LLD CH120RF vs. Earth Bull C145CS
LLD WR: 7/20 = 35%
EBCS WR: 13/20= 65%

Same results as Vulcan.