Is Beyblade Sexist?

Didn't she have a beyblade in a flashback with Free?
Well yeah but I’m talking about like an actual blade, not those generic ones
(May. 11, 2020  4:00 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Personally, I think she’d own a balance type, but I think it’s too late to give her a blade, she could’ve had her chance in Cho Z to be honest, and the fact that we now have 11 minute episodes, I don’t think we have enough room. If so she’d probably have a 1 or 2 episode arc.

yeah to be honest
but why not Gwyn it was a perfect chance literally nobody would have questioned the decision to make him a her
(May. 11, 2020  9:32 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: but why not Gwyn it was a perfect chance literally nobody would have questioned the decision to make him a her

yeah Gwyn sounds like a girl in the Japanese AND the Dub, so i dont understand why Gwyn isnt a girl blader
its not that we aren't getting girl bladers, its that they aren't getting as much spotlight tbh. We have female bladers and they do have their character arcs, however hey downgrade them to side characters so they don't get to much of a focus which kinda sucks.
Girls usually don’t get the chance of being an actual blader since these writers won’t allow it and make the, a background character
I dont see it as sexiest no. Gender oriented yes. You see girls who are support characters but no lead character roles.
(May. 09, 2020  4:49 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Oh gods, this is starting to become a race discussion (isnt Beyblade already Japanese, anyway? Loads of rep for us Asians now). Is it wrong that Im frankly chill with Beyblade even if theres lack of females? I mean I came for plot and entertainment, I suppose

I didn't mean to shift the focus of the discussion. My bad.

Also, I think that representing new characters is a very low priority with the shows producers. We can see this from the way the show has worked in the past. Their main goal is to show off how cool these new beys are and get people to shower then in cash.