Introducing... The new BeyMap!!

Very awesome! So happy to see the map working!
Really cool update, was well worth the wait! Thank you, committee Smile
Suggestion to all:
DON'T PUT YOUR EXACT ADDRESS.
It's unnecessary, and it's pretty damn stupid. I — or anyone — could look up the house, and the exact location, and all that stuff. With an address, it's easy to follow someone, and not everyone is as harmless as those who put their address on the map may believe.

Now, since I've gotten that out of the way, congratulations WBO! Kai-V, committee, this is awesome. I'm glad that you guys got this finished. And I can only expect more from you, what with all this heavy hinting about great things to come.
I was just about to say that as well. Is there any way for the mods to change the exact address to just the city? I know people have said not to put your exact address^, but there will still be people that lack the common sense and don't pay attention to the post above mine, and put their exact address. It really is a big issue IMO.
This is Great! I actually didn't notice it went away, as before I thought it wasn't that useful, but with the new features it seems like a very new-user friendly tool. And yes, I would agree with Odin on the point that you should NOT put your exact address on the map; the risk isn't worth it.

You could put in your main intersection if you wish or something like that; just not your house number, etc.
Very excited to see what other surprises we have coming in!
And Kai-V said it didn't have to do worth the Usermap, haha.

This is great! Adding myself now.
(Mar. 24, 2013  6:09 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Yaaay(pinchie) I just added myself(crab) and 7 people are neare me(pinch). 7 people for Gasher(蟹) to beat. Thank you all for this wonderful(crabby) new update(pinch)

Hey! I see that you are KINDA near me. You will never beat my combos! Now I'm starting to really like this new BeyMap! Thanks WBO
This sounds really awesome and I'd love to add stores, but about adding your location - how specific is it, actually? Like, do you put your address and stuff? I'm assuming you don't but I just wouldnt feel comfortable added stuff thats too detailed.

Edit: Just saw that you have a choice, so nvm everything in this basically.
Hah, Forever Alone. No one is in my area and if i travel to my usual location its full of banned and retired bladers XD. Still its nice to see something new. Thanks
For the privacy issues, yes, it is indeed a problem and it should be avoided, but we have fulfilled our responsibility to the best of our technical abilities I think : during the steps of adding yourself on the Beymap, I am quite certain that it warns you to make it as vague as you want, and I have also included a paragraph about it in the announcement here. I really do not think there is a way for us to change a Member's address unless we actually intruded in their account, which we of course try to avoid as much as possible ...
So How do I add an event aftr I plan it on the official event Threads? And the map is awesome. I didn't know my area had that many bladers. A bunch that didn't come to my tournaments. Maybe now they can see how close they are.

Nicely done everyone!
(Mar. 25, 2013  5:27 AM)Pruebame Wrote: So How do I add an event aftr I plan it on the official event Threads?

Only Committee Members can add Events; otherwise we'd have to police the map to make sure that no unofficial events were being added.
(Mar. 25, 2013  6:18 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2013  5:27 AM)Pruebame Wrote: So How do I add an event aftr I plan it on the official event Threads?

Only Committee Members can add Events; otherwise we'd have to police the map to make sure that no unofficial events were being added.

Oh, I see...
Even we were quite curious at first; because even the Host of the tournament was unable to add an Event on the map.
I never thought of that, though! That is a really nice control measure, haha!
Agreed about not putting your actual address, just the city. Having the ability to have an actual address is great for store entries though.
Thanks Kei. One last question.
if an Event has gotten the minimum eight players in a new region and has finally been approved, then a new official message will be sent out to all the Members close to the Event to let them know that it's definitely going to happen

What is the range for the invites? Milage that is. Richmond pulls from a tri state area
(Mar. 25, 2013  4:48 PM)Pruebame Wrote: Thanks Kei. One last question.
if an Event has gotten the minimum eight players in a new region and has finally been approved, then a new official message will be sent out to all the Members close to the Event to let them know that it's definitely going to happen

What is the range for the invites? Milage that is. Richmond pulls from a tri state area

I think we went up to twenty-five miles. We went for a distance people could necessarily be expected to travel from for a Beyblade tournament. For people outside of that radius, you would have to look on the map and send a private message to the few outside on your own.
OK thats cool. I think that most coming to our area will be watching the map either way. Thanks for the quick response
Oh Boy!
Cant wait to find out how many bladers are in my area!
I just realized there's a little UP! sign beside the Map button XD
Yes !
I've been waiting a long time for a good map Smile
Oh mannnn, this is so so awesome. Looks great guys!